Pre-Season

What you wrote was: "I don’t reckon making finals would alone appease us tragics & the board. This club has been through some shitty years & Premiership is the only thing that can take away the disappointment. Anything short of it, don’t think will cut it. Next year after we make the finals, we can’t just fall off like flies like we did during the backend of this season. We must go all the way to D day in October & get the “biggie”."

So you say that anything short of a premiership won't cut it, and the board will not be appeased.

And then you claim that you didn't say winning the premiership is the only thing that will see Kev keep the job.

So the only this makes sense is if you think the board can be not appeased but Kev keeps his job.

In theory possible of course, but if that's what you meant you could have made it a hell of a lot clearer.
Oh my goodness! It’s the absolute bollocks again 🤦‍♂️.

Do me a favor - unless the post is crystal clear to you, don’t bother replying. It’s best if you don’t.

Looking much bigger! Forget sometime that the kid is only 22. I expect him to have a great year (just needs to hold the ball on those short passes).

Anyway.

I heard an interesting comment on Rugby League Guru's youtube video about Riki that I didn't realise.

according to them, Riki has only been playing rugby league for 4 years. I didn't realise he had only been in the game for such a short time (although i assume he came from Yawnion).

That being said, Riki will need a fast start next year, otherwise I predict that Piakura or maybe Robati will snatch his spot away from him

I heard an interesting comment on Rugby League Guru's youtube video about Riki that I didn't realise.

according to them, Riki has only been playing rugby league for 4 years. I didn't realise he had only been in the game for such a short time (although i assume he came from Yawnion).

That being said, Riki will need a fast start next year, otherwise I predict that Piakura or maybe Robati will snatch his spot away from him
Yeah I think he spoke about it in that podcast a few years back with Patty.

Came from NZ and spoke how over there everyone comes through playing union and he switched over and had only been playing for a couple years at that point.

He also spoke about the massive difference in junior league development in NZ compared to Aus... where they are so far behind in what they teach and it was a massive learning curve when he came over

Yeah he’s done well considering but his lack of experience definitely shows in his game. Freak athlete with fairly poor league instinct.

Yeah he’s done well considering but his lack of experience definitely shows in his game. Freak athlete with fairly poor league instinct.
Get Gillo to teach him for few days a week once the squad is back in Jan we’ll be sweet.

Yeah got a run for Valleys in 2019 after Norths MM in 2018. 2018 was his first year over here.

Oh my goodness! It’s the absolute bollocks again 🤦‍♂️.

Do me a favor - unless the post is crystal clear to you, don’t bother replying. It’s best if you don’t.
It actually was crystal clear, but you say I have interpreted it incorrectly

I have explained how what you wrote seems to clearly communicate what I think it does

Your reply could have actually addressed that, but instead ........

If it's not what you meant, how about you explain what you meant?

I'm not the only one who has interpreted your words this way

I have explained how what you wrote seems to clearly communicate what I think it does

Don’t just assume things that suits your narrative & keep ranting around it.

1 last time for your crystal clarity, what I said was — once we reached the finals next season, we should go all the way to get the premiership BUT not fall off like flies like we did towards backend of this season. I never said that if no Premiership next season, we should let go Kev. Perhaps Kev now have clear ideas as to how to win a premiership & is just not able to speak out.
Why would any fan want the coach to be sacked after winning a Premiership? That’s pure rubbish

Don’t twist words. It doesn’t help.

What I got from his reply was pretty much don't take what I say literally...

Don’t just assume things that suits your narrative & keep ranting around it.

1 last time for your crystal clarity, what I said was — once we reached the finals next season, we should go all the way to get the premiership BUT not fall off like flies like we did towards backend of this season. I never said that if no Premiership next season, we should let go Kev. Perhaps Kev now have clear ideas as to how to win a premiership & is just not able to speak out.
Why would any fan want the coach to be sacked after winning a Premiership? That’s pure rubbish

Don’t twist words. It doesn’t help.
What you said was, no premiership and the Board would not be appeased

Tell us all now what would be the response of an unappeased Board

What you said was, no premiership and the Board would not be appeased

Tell us all now what would be the response of an unappeased Board
My post started as a reply to fellow forum members post which is in bold below.

Sproj said:
If Kevvie can get that happening again next year for longer, we’ll make finals.

I don’t reckon making finals would alone appease us tragics & the board. This club has been through some shitty years & Premiership is the only thing that can take away the disappointment.this clearly is a continuation of the point above in bold that implies that
1. we should just not make the finals rather go fight and get the premiership so us fans can forget the painful misery from 2015.
2. If we get the premiership, the board and the club itself could stamp its authority as the only club that Brisbane cares about but not late entrants. This is my thought process when I posted.

Anything short of it, don’t think will cut it. Next year after we make the finals, we can’t just fall off like flies like we did during the backend of this season. We must go all the way to D day in October & get the “biggie”.you’re so hung on to these words so, let me elaborate.
1. Playing consistent 80min footy week in week out and beating opponents comfortably would get us to the finals & I for one, don’t want us to then fall off like flies (like we did from R20 this season) as it would be a total waste of the effort and further disappointment to us fans, the squad, coaching staff, and the board.
2. If we fall off like flies, I do not know IF there will be any actions from the board.
I want to stick to the positives (winning the premiership) and didn’t want to talk about negatives (will someone be sacked?) because it’s just waste of time and doesn’t get anywhere. I want the club in greener pastures & not in the barren drought.

It appears that the board has given Kev all the support he needs to be a successful coach & it’s up to him to get the results early on. Having all the support, perhaps Kev’s clear in what he, coaching department & the team must do but he’s just poor in articulating his vision to the press .this is again in reference to the points made prior to my post that Kev needs to be better in communicating his thoughts
1. to the press and not contradict his words, setting expectations and clear asks, game-plans to the squad.
2. With the year-end review, coaching staff overhaul and players moved on/brought in Kev’s now in a better position to succeed.

Now that I have broken down my post, do you still think that I was calling for Kev to be sacked?

Let me also add here that even when I am most critical of Kev, I am annoyed about his Tuesday Team lists and use of bench during games. Look, I never have nor I never will call for Kev to be sacked because we can never find someone who has more Broncos DNA than Kev. I want him to succeed at all costs as a coach.

I don't appreciate for being called out for something I didn't meant at all. It's absurd.

Let's move on. Happy Christmas!

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.