Pre-Season

Walsh has a fracture in his 'eye's orbital floor', whatever that means

Will be monitored

**** sake... has an absolute blinder and then injured straight away.

Let's see what Herbie's got then.

Herbie, Selwyn and Sailor to get some time at fullback in the trial this week?

Starting to think Sailor is a shoe in for that top 30 spot with how things are going.

Just to give us some coverage at fullback (without having to rearrange the backline) and five eight

Sounds like a non displaced eye socket fracture. The risk would be another impact to the face or eye cause further damage. Depending on size and location it could be good to go by round one but would it be worth the risk?
Be best to get a replacement sorted just incase. Either Herbie plays 1 in this trial, Sailor gets added to the 30 or Cobbo/Arthurs

My issue with adding Sailor to the top 30 is we have a good amount of cover in the backs/halves. If Billy/Paix stinks it up or goes down early, who comes in? Do we rush Mozer in?

My issue with adding Sailor to the top 30 is we have a good amount of cover in the backs/halves. If Billy/Paix stinks it up or goes down early, who comes in? Do we rush Mozer in?

Theoretically i think we are ok:

9 - BW/Paix/Smoothy(mozer?)/Hetherington (desperate times)
6/7 - Mam/Reynolds/Madden/Walsh/Sailor
1 - Walsh/Herbie/Sailor/Cobbo
3/4 - Herbie/Staggs/Mariner/Cobbo
3/5 - Oates/Cobbo/Mariner/Pereira

This is a very good and important question. I imagine that given Mozer is in the 30 and Smoothy is not, the answer would be yes until a certain round when the development deal players become available. I guess though if TC is sacked as expected, that would allow both of them to be signed.

This is a very good and important question. I imagine that given Mozer is in the 30 and Smoothy is not, the answer would be yes until a certain round when the development deal players become available. I guess though if TC is sacked as expected, that would allow both of them to be signed.
Wouldn't hurt either party to find another club for Jesse Arthars.

Theoretically i think we are ok:

9 - BW/Paix/Smoothy(mozer?)/Hetherington (desperate times)
6/7 - Mam/Reynolds/Madden/Walsh/Sailor
1 - Walsh/Herbie/Sailor/Cobbo
3/4 - Herbie/Staggs/Mariner/Cobbo
3/5 - Oates/Cobbo/Mariner/Pereira
Smoothy isn't in the top 30 at this stage so he wouldn't be available until round 11 (I think). That's why I posed the question. Hetherington is also out until like, mid season isn't he? Could have sworn that was the case.

Point may be moot anyway...completely forgot about TC and the possibility of him getting the boot.

Smoothy isn't in the top 30 at this stage so he wouldn't be available until round 11 (I think). That's why I posed the question. Hetherington is also out until like, mid season isn't he? Could have sworn that was the case.

Point may be moot anyway...completely forgot about TC and the possibility of him getting the boot.

I think we would have to have some seriously devastating injuries for Smoothy to be needed before RD11.

Our back rowers im worried about.

Prop i think we have enough with Haas, Carrigan, Flegler and Jensen and Taupau.

Not sure where to put this but here will do.

Really, really good Allan langer interview tonight on a Victorian footy show called the front bar. Would love another watch of it myself.

Not sure where to put this but here will do.

Really, really good Allan langer interview tonight on a Victorian footy show called the front bar. Would love another watch of it myself.

do you know if we can see it online anywhere?

Wouldn't hurt either party to find another club for Jesse Arthars.
Oates
Herbie
Cobbo
Staggs
Hoeiter
Mariner
Pereira
Quai Ward
Leota (he looks okey from our 1st trail).

Given we’re well stocked in our outside backs, Jesse is surplus to us. I reckon we would’ve managed to fit him in at another club had there been an opportunity come knocking 🤷‍♂️.

Oates
Herbie
Cobbo
Staggs
Hoeiter
Mariner
Pereira
Quai Ward

Given we’re well stocked in our outside backs, Jesse is surplus to us. I reckon we would’ve managed to fit him in at another club had there been an opportunity come knocking 🤷‍♂️.
I think quai ward looks the odd man out of course depending on what we gain financially/cap space wise if we let go of someone else.
I really like pereria, think he's as close to an nrl level winger you can have as a depth winger, but given the rest play centre and wing and he only covers wing he'd be next but still quai ward but a long margin.

Even he is a solid back up. Our backline depth is insane this year. Probably the best we've ever had

Oates
Herbie
Cobbo
Staggs
Hoeiter
Mariner
Pereira
Quai Ward

I said this 12 months ago too when people were saying depth is off the charts in 22 but to me true depth is If the worst happens, and you had to play 20 games would we lose anything?

Herbie, Oates, Cobbo and Staggs but after that you couldn't honestly say you'd be confident of getting 20 high quality games out of anyone left.

I said this 12 months ago too when people were saying depth is off the charts in 22 but to me true depth is If the worst happens, and you had to play 20 games would we lose anything?

Herbie, Oates, Cobbo and Staggs but after that you couldn't honestly say you'd get 20 high quality games out of anyone left.
Yet to see that from Staggs either.

Herbie, Oates, Cobbo and Staggs but after that you couldn't honestly say you'd be confident of getting 20 high quality games out of anyone left.

That’s an unrealistic expectation, particularly with a 17th team now in and NRL-level players at arguably an all-time low. Guys who were good enough to get 20+ games out of have been snapped up by Redcliffe/Super League.

That said, I’d argue you could be confident to get almost 20 / 20+ games from Arthars, Pereira. Hoeter would go pretty close and Mariner would give you some superstar level games and some trash because he’s so young. Sailor probably could do something similar too. That’s very good depth.

That’s an unrealistic expectation, particularly with a 17th team now in and NRL-level players at arguably an all-time low. Guys who were good enough to get 20+ games out of have been snapped up by Redcliffe/Super League.

That said, I’d argue you could be confident to get almost 20 / 20+ games from Arthars, Pereira. Hoeter would go pretty close and Mariner would give you some superstar level games and some trash because he’s so young. Sailor probably could do something similar too. That’s very good depth.

It's not unrealistic at all; that's what depth and those bottom 5-7 spots in your squad are there to service. If you don't have a next man up attitude and confident, they can do the same job then it's not depth.

If you add in fatigue, niggles and pressure I am not sure Broncos are getting high quality games for a long time out of what's left.

Cobbo hit the wall badly last year at the end and went to pieces when he was called on to play 20 games.

Hopefully it doesn't matter and Oates, Staggs, Herbie and Cobbo play 24 games each.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.