Predicted Queensland Line-Up Game III

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this mean that Te'o can play on Friday?

Wtf has barba gotta do to get a look in :(

Played brilliantly over the weekend and is in much better form than bowen. Guess it just comes down to experience at this stage.

I'm happy Barba's not getting a look in. Flashy, capable of making something out of nothing - but not always for his own team. That's the problem. Origin isn't really made for blokes like Barba and Bowen IMO. How often does a piece of individual off the cuff brilliance result in something in Origin? I don't mean like a spectacular catch of a bomb like Folau, or a length of the field team try like Coyne's magic in 1994. I mean like Hodges running out of the in goal in the 2006 preliminary final, Barba's set up of a try for Morris on Sunday.

The closest thing I can think of is Billy Slater's chip and chase try in 2004.

But feel free to name others if you can.

I'm happy Barba's not getting a look in. Flashy, capable of making something out of nothing - but not always for his own team. That's the problem. Origin isn't really made for blokes like Barba and Bowen IMO. How often does a piece of individual off the cuff brilliance result in something in Origin? I don't mean like a spectacular catch of a bomb like Folau, or a length of the field team try like Coyne's magic in 1994. I mean like Hodges running out of the in goal in the 2006 preliminary final, Barba's set up of a try for Morris on Sunday.

The closest thing I can think of is Billy Slater's chip and chase try in 2004.

But feel free to name others if you can.

Well yeh, i agree to an extent, but im referring to bowen being picked over barba. if you were going to go with one of them, barba is in much better form. It comes down to experience since its a decider i guess.

I just love the idea of barba chasing grubbers and chip kicks. No other player in the game is as good as he is chasing short kicks.

Yeah true, but Bowen's also more solid and dependable at the back in defence. I'd rather we go with Inglis myself. That in itself gives us some flexibility. Can, if the game warrants it, switch him and Boyd around, for example if we want to have Inglis in the attacking line rather than out the back.

A bit like how the Broncos used Hodges at fullback in 2006.

Yeah true, but Bowen's also more solid and dependable at the back in defence. I'd rather we go with Inglis myself. That in itself gives us some flexibility. Can, if the game warrants it, switch him and Boyd around, for example if we want to have Inglis in the attacking line rather than out the back.

A bit like how the Broncos used Hodges at fullback in 2006.

After the way boyd played last night, i wouldnt mind that at all. he was great and had some good touches for tahu's tries

whos carrying someone who "doesnt handle it"? i want barba/bowen to start on the bench as it brings them on when the opposition is starting to tire. it worked wonderfully for us when we started Hunt at FB and brought Slater in after the opening 20, i think it would work just as well if not better with Inglis/Barba/Bowen. i dont think bowen/barba "couldnt handle it" in the slightest. everyone one here said slater couldnt handle it, now hes the best fullback the games ever seen, even in origin.

same thing McGuire has to do - get the selectors to grow some balls.

Read the post above yours AP. I should have quoted, my bad.

I don't mind some of the ideas suggested in this thread I'm just not totally convinced we need to do too much.

The way I see things is Inglis to 1 and Tate to 3 bring Neilson or O'neal onto the wing. The key to this game IMO is Cronk. If he plays close to how he played after the bin in game 2 we win.

I have no problem with Teo if that's the way the selectors choose to go. Both he and Gillet can provide similar things but Teo is the form player out of them.

Surely has to be Bowen over Barba and go T'EO! Watch the passion if he gets picked!

I think we watch QLD hit another gear in game 3!

Big 20 man team announced - no Barba: (wrote them down in alphabetical order as they were read out)

Bowen
Boyd
Civo
Cronk
Gillette
Hannant
Hodges
Inglis
Myles
Nielsen
Parker
Scott
SHillington
Slater
Smith
Tate
Taylor
T'eo
Thaiday
Thurston

They are giving Slater 5 more days to see if he pulls up fit or not.

Would they play Nielsen any where but centre to replace Inglis? If not, then I guess we can assume they seriously intend to play Inglis as FB.

(wonder if Dallas Johnson or Lillyman came into the picture at any stage..)

Last edited:
Surely has to be Bowen over Barba and go T'EO! Watch the passion if he gets picked!

I think we watch QLD hit another gear in game 3!

Looks like that's the way they've gone.

Meninga said he preferred Bowens experience over Barbas superior club form.

No doubt Te'o and Tamou will do the haka together before the game

Considering they've brought in Te'o to provide some agression and versatility is there any room left for Taylor? I thought that was his role. Bizzare...

So one would assume that Te'o, Bowen and Nielsen are all in as cover for injuries??

Considering they've brought in Te'o to provide some agression and versatility is there any room left for Taylor? I thought that was his role. Bizzare...

Maybe T'eo has been brought in to show Taylor how it's done ?

yeah im not sure. mal has just talked about taylor making it sound like taylor will play. i dont see how teo and taylor can both fit in (unless they leave gillett out...?)

I think Taylor & Gillett will be omitted & maybe Shillington.

IMO: They will keep Bowen, even if Slater is fit.

From what I heard he was speaking as if both of them would play?

Maybe T'eo has been brought in to show Taylor how it's done ?

haha! If that's what it takes to push Taylor into anger mode then so be it! We need him angry and agressive and no more soft runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Astro
  • Jazza
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Dazza 92
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Tmac
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.