Predicted Queensland Line-Up Game III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is both of those players can play on the left hand fringe (and play better there too). Te'o plays on the right, which is already occupied by Thaiday.

Taylor can also be used as a battering ram, Te'o is only good on the fringes.

If these guys, at this level, cant switch sides then there is a problem. I can't see that being an issue. Taylor shouldn't be being used as a battering ram, so its a waste. I'm glad Te'o cant be used like that, it means Mal probably won't even attempt it, meaning he will play on the fringes where he belongs.

Fringe players are useless though.

Haven't you seen Creagh, Hoffman, Carlaw etc. at this level?

At least (well theoretically because Dave is a gentle giant) Taylor can be used in a different role when the game asks for it. When the Blues have us in a pinch, and we're coming off our line, Te'o is just another sitting duck, just like Gillett in Game 2.

And don't underestimate sides of the field. There's a reason Tate, Hodges, Inglis etc. MUST play on their sides.

Fringe players are useless though.

Haven't you seen Creagh, Hoffman, Carlaw etc. at this level?

At least (well theoretically because Dave is a gentle giant) Taylor can be used in a different role when the game asks for it. When the Blues have us in a pinch, and we're coming off our line, Te'o is just another sitting duck, just like Gillett in Game 2.

I'm looking at it more from a defensive point of view. How many times were NSW up in our face smashing us in Game 2? We don't have speed in our forwards like they do. Watmough, Lewis, Williams, Tamou etc are all big, fast and aggressive sons of bitches. We have NO-ONE to match that. Parker, harrison, myles, civo etc are workhorses, who will tackle all night, but none of them are capable of running up and smashing a guy as he gets the ball before the advantage line. Te'o can do that. He will be the aggression we need to get the other boys fired up. All it takes is Te'o to smash one of them and push him back and all of a sudden we will see a spring in the other players' steps.

That's the only thing in his favour and it's a gamble because Te'o doesn't pull those performances often & I'm not thrilled to test him in a decider. Gillett was just as capable of pulling off big shots and we know how that went...

Gillett was just as capable of pulling off big shots and we know how that went...

i wouldnt say that. Gillett tries, and gillett misses more often than not. te'o tries, and te'o connects most of the time.

And that's what worries me.

If Te'o was TC, fantastic, pick him for pulling off the big shots because we know he's amazing at timing then. Don't pick a guy constantly looking for a big shot because that's just asking for trouble, especially at Origin.

Ashley Harrison has been ruled out with a broken toe, so you would imagine Parker will just slot into his starting spot.

I hope Teo doesn't get a rush of blood like he did on the weekend and charge out of the line. NSW will exploit that for sure. I think a lot can go right with Teo but one bad defensive error like that could cost us. It's one of those selection gambles that look great if they work but make you look a dill when they don't.

Too bad he couldn't connect on friday.

too bad gillett couldnt connect with a stationary tackling bag for most of this year. te'o is a better defender than Gillett, theres no question.

Where is Auckland, That's in QLD

Where is Auckland, That's in QLD

NSW have lost the right to ever bag out where QLD gets its players from after picking tamou. He was in the NZ squad, u cant get much worse than that!!

Just saw the news and am very excited. I said in the Parker - Slater thread it would be an option to have Parker play in Harrison's position but that QLD would never do it. Well, unlucky for Harrison however it's worked out for us I reckon. Parker is a machine and he offers a lot more in attack than Harrison (NB; Harrison is a great player and we owe him much).

Now onto Te'O....us "kneejerkers" were throwing his name around straight after Gm2....I hope he isn't just 18/19th man and is in the 17.

1. GI
2. Tate
3. Nielsen
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott (doing it for Mum)
9. Cam Smith
10. Civo (last game and he will lift or hurt himself trying)
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Barba/Taylor
15. Hannant
16. Shillington
17. Te'O

That's my team. If we keep DT, we don't run the bench back. I know it's tempting to have a Barba/Bowen bench, but it's been years since we have had a "utility" which can't play as a backrower and it could hurt us in the last 10 of each half.

On Te'O, it's no secret I'm a huge fan and sure he has some brain explosions (most people are pointing to last Friday night's defensive slip), but you are lying to yourself if you have MAJOR concerns about his defensive ability and he can pull off ripper hits which can stop an attacking teams gained metres for an entire set. Not to mention he CAN break/bend a line.

I'm very happy if Te'O gets picked and outside of Alex Glenn, he's the next backrower in the ENTIRE NRL I would want in the QLD squad who isn't already there. Harrison comes back and add McGuire next year when big Petero is gone and that pack is right for the next 2 series.

So with that in mind we could be looking at

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Nielsen
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Parker
--------------------
14. Hannant
15. Shillington
16. Te'o
17. Gillett/Taylor/Barba

Did I miss anyone?

I really hope they name Barba on the bench, it'll be one less QLD forward we'll have to worry about. The NSW pack is the strongest pack we've had for many years and with T-Rex back into the side, it doesn't get any weaker that's for sure. The QLD pack have been owned in the past 2 games, not sure why they wouldn't do everything in their power to ensure that doesn't happen again? Barba on the bench MIGHT be a waste, he'll only get 20 minutes and it will be less forwards on the bench.

Sure he's a potential game breaker and could work out for you but damn it's a risk.

You wont know until you try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.