Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

-Defence within opposition half was ****ing fantastic. Taking the opportunity to move up, staggered line, to smash straight running forwards was a massive adjustment. A couple of times chooks were 4th tackle inside their 20 metres early in the second half - and that was what really broke them - forcing them to push some plays. Hopefully waiting back 10 metres in a straight line within the opposition half is now a thing of the past.

-Our spine and forwards are carrying our 3/4s at present - our 3/4s simply aren't playing good enough to ensure a premiership. Kahu, Reed, Oates all need to lift next week, yet they walked off acting like they had great games. Kahu has been over rated these past couple of months, and Reed is the SKD of the broncs.

-Milf, Reed, Oates don't look like a premiership winning goal line defensive combo. Thaiday and Gillett can only do so much.

-Oates is, still, no winger. Lifting feet and lower leg when sliding near try line? Nope. Confidence to catch high balls? Awareness when letting the ball bounce to position to make the most of bounce or to cover attackers? or just letting it falcon off your noggin or standing close enough to ensure you will always knock it on? Still a year or two of good coaching away from being an actual winger.

Not so sure about all your comments, but I want to touch on your first paragraph. I noticed Trent Robinson said pre game that the Broncos will start strong with good line speed, but after about 20 mins will go to their retreat defense. I bet the Roosters were rattled that they weren't getting any room.

Not so sure about all your comments, but I want to touch on your first paragraph. I noticed Trent Robinson said pre game that the Broncos will start strong with good line speed, but after about 20 mins will go to their retreat defense. I bet the Roosters were rattled that they weren't getting any room.

For sure, they were expecting us to stand back... Robbo's instructions were to roll through us making 70 metres a set and get the ball out wide to Fergo, jobs done...ha ha see us next year Roosters.

A lot of people have been complaining about our 'stand back and wait' defence for a large portion of the year.

Perhaps this is the reason we have looked so energetic in the later rounds? You know, if we had gone with 'up and in your face' all year long, I reckon that would've taken a much bigger toll on the players than what we have been doing, and we would have been quite fatigued heading into the finals.

I don't know, just food for thought. But I'm sick of reading about it, when clearly it has done the job because we've made it to the grand final...

Also, Adam Blair was just fucking amazing.

One of the best forward performances I've seen from a Bronco.

When we needed a lift, he gave us one. Fucking inspirational.

Still buzzing. Can't sleep. Running so many huge moments from that game in my head.

Then spent a good hour at the chook pen.

A nice dummy spit here:

GF qualifiers shouldn't be played at home grounds they have to be neutral and in Sydney, Qld teams don't like it compete in a Qld comp. That game should have taken place at ANZ.
Week 3 of the finals all teams have earned the right to a neutral final. Play it in Melbourne. FFS

Two great side moments from last night:
SKD standing back 8 metres in defence - someone yells, "GET THE WIFE BASHER ON SIDE", I'm sure he would have heard it.

Both refs standing behind Jordy Kahu for a conversion absolutely copping the mother of all sprays from about a dozen in the crowd. Badger looks at them with a big grin swinging his whistle.

You must have been in the same section as me (320). I was loving the banter.

Everyone should have a look at the Roosters forum. Their tears are glorious. They're a very delusional bunch.

Wow there's one guy who is adamant prelims should have been played in Sydney because it's neutral . Rightyo .

SCORE!

Vossy calls the Fox Sports version.

Listening to the commentary team on 2GB cause I'm bored, just had a caller who was whinging about not having neutral based finals and all should be played in sydney, deadset sour grapes.

1443301134.jpg

Heard that too. What an absolute halfwit. I noticed they didn't mention the warriors once in that segment. Pretty rough considering they will be powerful next year.

Haha, bloody hell, I haven't listened to The Continuous Call Team in years.

Just tuned in... can't imagine they'll have my attention for long lol. They are talking about power points right now?
[h=2][/h]

-Defence within opposition half was fucking fantastic. Taking the opportunity to move up, staggered line, to smash straight running forwards was a massive adjustment. A couple of times chooks were 4th tackle inside their 20 metres early in the second half - and that was what really broke them - forcing them to push some plays. Hopefully waiting back 10 metres in a straight line within the opposition half is now a thing of the past.

-Our spine and forwards are carrying our 3/4s at present - our 3/4s simply aren't playing good enough to ensure a premiership. Kahu, Reed, Oates all need to lift next week, yet they walked off acting like they had great games. Kahu has been over rated these past couple of months, and Reed is the SKD of the broncs.

-Milf, Reed, Oates don't look like a premiership winning goal line defensive combo. Thaiday and Gillett can only do so much.

-Oates is, still, no winger. Lifting feet and lower leg when sliding near try line? Nope. Confidence to catch high balls? Awareness when letting the ball bounce to position to make the most of bounce or to cover attackers? or just letting it falcon off your noggin or standing close enough to ensure you will always knock it on? Still a year or two of good coaching away from being an actual winger.
What did you think of Adam Blair's performance?

Yeah I stopped listening when they started talking their usual non rugby league related crap, doesn't usual take long for that to kick in lol

It was the perfect finals performance the whole team played their guts out and didn't give the Roosters one sniff of victory. Funny that it turned out the way I thought it was, the Roosters were their own worst enemy as they made basic unforced errors that gifted us points and let themselves down badly, very poor performance from them. I thought we were nothing short of sensational, was very impressed by Adam Blair he was like a mountain out in the middle, I remember all of us in a rage when he was signed but he has made us eat our words.

Who got the mom award?

Awesome performance you're going down Storm/Cowboys

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.