QLD Squad 2020

Look at that QLD team...And McGuire still not good enough to make it apparently.
On the surface I take your point (how anyone could argue that Tino who hasn't played Lock all year is a better Lock option than McGuire is beyond me) but realistically, McGuire isn't likely to be the difference here. Our Forwards are not as good as there's, but it's not that big a gap. It's the Outside Backs and spine that are the major concerns here and McGuire doesn't do anything to fix that.

It's game day and I'm excited!
Not because I think QLD have the better team but because they have a good record of underdog victories, so they just might win, and I'm going to this one, so fire up boys!

It's game day and I'm excited!
Not because I think QLD have the better team but because they have a good record of underdog victories, so they just might win, and I'm going to this one, so fire up boys!
I think we should just embrace going back to being the underdog and the relative lack of pressure that puts on us for the time being.

Some of the greatest results Queensland has ever enjoyed have come in our darkest hours and with our backs the furthest up against the wall and hopefully tonight will be no different.

On the surface I take your point (how anyone could argue that Tino who hasn't played Lock all year is a better Lock option than McGuire is beyond me) but realistically, McGuire isn't likely to be the difference here. Our Forwards are not as good as there's, but it's not that big a gap. It's the Outside Backs and spine that are the major concerns here and McGuire doesn't do anything to fix that.
Tino actually played some lock while Finucane was away. Could even make the case that was his role coming off the bench considering how he was used as a weapon close to the line and not merely as somebody to help get them in position.

Every time I see an article about the Keary situation, NSW fans answer back with Inglis. There's a big difference between the two players though...or rather a big similarity - both actually wanted to play for QLD. I can't recall Inglis ever campaigning to get away from QLD, he always said he supported the state when he was young.

The only situation that I can compare it to off my head is Craig Polla-Mounter who was born in Victoria, moved to Ipswich, played schoolboys Union and then got signed by Canterbury. Technically his first senior Rugby League game was in Sydney, they offered him a spot in the City side at 21 and then he never got a look in. It came to ahead years later when Queensland were down on halves and in the end had to send an SOS out to Alf.

I understand why they were so firm with the rules because it was beginning to become a joke, but Keary came onto the scene before they were established. Surely they could have made one final exception and said 'no more' or taken in the factors that made Keary a Queensland supporter.

Blues still obvious favourites going into the game. They have all the combinations, key players and with only a couple of exceptions they're all in top form. The only way I can see Queensland winning this is if they repeat 2001 and get off to a strong start rack up a huge lead and answer whatever comeback NSW try and master swiftly.

They have to play it like Melbourne who aren't afraid of chancing their hand early before turning it into a grind and focusing on their bench. If they can bring Brimson into the game early and just give him good clean ball I think that'll open the Blues up. Both Munster and Cherry-Evans will need to be a little selfless and give good early ball and pick their moments. If they get caught ball hogging, they'll play right into the Blues hands.

Hunt when he comes on needs to think run first and keep pushing forward. Even if it's just half an inch, take that space and get the team on the front foot. He can be a key player here.

Defence is going to have to be on point. I'll need to see something from Hess early on, he's easily the least convincing selection of the lot and he'll need to be in the game from the opening minute. I would not be surprised if he comes off after 30 minutes and returns as a loose forward later in the game.

Tough game to get a feel for, especially given Covid League and how easily teams can lose touch with the contest. So much of Origin revolves around the atmosphere and that's obviously not going to be there. Being an end of year fixture as well, I feel like a 38-16 NSW is pretty likely.

Every time I see an article about the Keary situation, NSW fans answer back with Inglis. There's a big difference between the two players though...or rather a big similarity - both actually wanted to play for QLD. I can't recall Inglis ever campaigning to get away from QLD, he always said he supported the state when he was young.

Well if keary is Queenslander at heart he can have a darth Vader moment and turn on the empire by throwing the game down a tower.

I don’t think QLD will be embarrassed but Cook and Tedesco will be too much to contain for 80 minutes and will win it for NSW.

I forgot it was even on and I’m on this thing daily, Not. Feeling. It.

Look at that pitiful stadium.

Not an Origin venue.

Also, how the **** is keary actually going through with playing for nsw?

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • Maroon4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • Scorchie
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.