Qld Team Game 3

Cronk is a lot more versatile than Prince, he has pretty much played every position bar prop.

elyod138 said:
Cronk is a lot more versatile than Prince, he has pretty much played every position bar prop.

Yep, plus he doesn't suffer from osteoporosis :P He can make a tackle without snapping a bone.

The Rock said:
Came in for Lockyer or Thurston? Nope.

Personally I'd have no issues if they had a Prince(7)-Thurston(6) halves combo and I think QLD would be better for it, but I think the selectors would get assisinated if they dropped Lockyer. Lockyer is an awesome player, but he hasn't really been playing that well this year. Given his previous heroics for QLD, he deserves to be there, but unless his form improves, I don't think he should be running around in origin next year.

I think it's odds on he'll retire from rep footy at the end of this year anyway.

Yep, i reckon if we win this last game, Locky will retire from rep footy to concentrate on the Broncos next year

I reckon win, lose or draw (not that that's possible anymore) he'll retire from Origin.

He'll hold up the shield, for the 4th time in his career (2001, 2006, 2007, 2009) - second only to Wally Lewis (7 series victories as captain), and be done with it.

I hope he retires.
I honestly don't think Lockyer is up to one more year of state of Origin, I think at his age now he should focus on club footy however I'll support the great one in any decision he makes.

Even if he's not up to it next year (I doubt that, I think he will be fine) the team is good enough to carry him, and the NSW side will no doubt be made up of players whose greatest weapons are their beards.
As a Lockyer fan and rugby league fan, I'd be happy to see him play rep footy for his entire career, but as a Broncos fan I'd love to see what the club could do with him still in the side over the Origin period.

Well if he did go on next year it's not like NSW have any opposition no.6 better lol but QLD have to fantastic halves waiting and I really want locky to focus on the Broncos :)

Agreed. Time for Lockyer to stand down, let Thurston play at five-eighth where he belongs and bring Scott Prince or Cooper Cronk in at halfback.

I would love to see him go one more year but with two games at ANZ stadium next year.... eep.

So Price has been quarantined since yesterday with a virus, I personally believe there ain't no virus can keep pricey down. But if he doesn't pull through in time for the game, word is Hannant will be re-called.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • davidp
  • Hurrijo
  • Astro
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • dasherhalo
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.