Qld Team Game 3

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
So now Hannant is pretty much ruled out with Inglis unlikely, and Tonga awaiting scans.

Who do we bring in and why?

Matt Scott for Hannant.

He's in the best form of the leftover QLD props, he's young and he runs hard and hits hard.

I would move Boyd to the centres and bring in a winger (maybe Dell) if Inglis and Tonga are out, I think that is the safest option.

I'm pissed off big time with Inglis not being there for the 3rd, while Barrett pleads guilty to a GRADE 1 charge and will be available. Just yet more evidence of the corruption completely infesting the game from south of the border, with money, advertising and TV ratings as its source. The performances of Archer and Harrigan, the mysterious stomach illness before the game, and now this. Seriously, the folks running the game right now - disgraceful blue c*nts. I hope it's enough to fire up the Qlders to win game 3 by 40.

Astroboy said:
I'm pissed off big time with Inglis not being there for the 3rd, while Barrett pleads guilty to a GRADE 1 charge and will be available. Just yet more evidence of the corruption completely infesting the game from south of the border, with money, advertising and TV ratings as its source. The performances of Archer and Harrigan, the mysterious stomach illness before the game, and now this.

Don't forget 9/11, WMD's in Iraq, the global recession and swine flu. That's all the NSWRL's doing. You see, here in NSW we have the magical abilities to give people stomach illnesses, because anyone born south of the Tweed is actually a witch.
Or, maybe you are just paranoid.

dukey said:
Astroboy said:
I'm pissed off big time with Inglis not being there for the 3rd, while Barrett pleads guilty to a GRADE 1 charge and will be available. Just yet more evidence of the corruption completely infesting the game from south of the border, with money, advertising and TV ratings as its source. The performances of Archer and Harrigan, the mysterious stomach illness before the game, and now this.

Don't forget 9/11, WMD's in Iraq, the global recession and swine flu. That's all the NSWRL's doing. You see, here in NSW we have the magical abilities to give people stomach illnesses, because anyone born south of the Tweed is actually a witch.
Or, maybe you are just paranoid.

LOLZ maybe not the stomach bug.

This is the perfect example of having the 18th man allowed to be subbed in for the taken out player (illegally). Its unfair that QLD were down to 16 and NSW only copped a penalty.

I can't see any danger in bringing Dell into the team.

3-0 whitewash with Dell scoring a hattrick!!!!!!!!

Astroboy said:
I'm pissed off big time with Inglis not being there for the 3rd, while Barrett pleads guilty to a GRADE 1 charge and will be available. Just yet more evidence of the corruption completely infesting the game from south of the border, with money, advertising and TV ratings as its source. The performances of Archer and Harrigan, the mysterious stomach illness before the game, and now this. Seriously, the folks running the game right now - disgraceful blue c*nts. I hope it's enough to fire up the Qlders to win game 3 by 40.
Do you ever do anything apart from whinge about referees? Fark.

Worst case scenario:

1 Karmichael Hunt
2 Billy Slater
3 Darius Boyd
4 Israel Folau
5 Wendell Sailor
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Johnathan Thurston
8 Steven Price
9 Cameron Smith
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Ashley Harrison
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Dallas Johnson
14 Scott Prince / Cooper Cronk
15 Matt Scott
16 Nate Myles
17 Michael Crocker / Neville Costigan
18 Neville Costigan / David Stagg

Emma said:
Astroboy said:
Do you ever do anything apart from whinge about referees? Fark.

Actually, you'll see plenty of praise for one of the all time great Qld performances in the other thread if you bother to look. But you're obviously one of those people who have preconvieved ideas about other people and only see what you want to see. Sad that at such a great time one so-called Qld supporter just wants to have a go at another. Whatever.

Astro, c'mon mate, you're getting a bit obsessed here. I know how it feels. Try and do something to take your mind off it okay?

You know Emma wasn't out of line and that she didn't deserve that.

Astroboy, if I recall correctly I saw you at a Parra game years back. All you did that day was shout out obscenities at the refs, literally at the top of your voice, for things that no one else could see, only you, to the point where several in our group had to tell you to shut up. You've harped on about the refs in a good deal of your posts today, yes I've seen the praise you've heaped on the QLD team, but forgive me for being annoyed at the talk of conspiracy theories, cheating blue c###s and the like. I've seen you at a game, I've read your posts, I don't think I'm that far wrong that you clearly think that the refs are against QLD or the broncos in every game.

Just because we support the same team doesn't dictate that I can't voice my opinion on your anti ref crusade. It's just become a little tiresome.

Doesn't look like you folks have seen me at games to me. I watch the game, and call it as I see it. Some of the players of today's game are amazing to watch, but the standard of reffing has never been worse and sometimes it dead-set ruins games. But hey last night we won, so whatever - that will be the last about it from me unless it deserves mention to give something else (e.g. the guts of the Qld team against adversity) context.

And Rock, considering the number of posts you devoted to protesting about a single CORRECT video ref decision after game 1, seeing you call me boring brings just 3 words to mind: Pot, Kettle, Black...

Do you seriously believe that the TV people and the advertisers would not prefer a live decider in the 3rd game? Big reason - it's called money. Money has an unhealthy and undue influence on a lot of things these days, and I would not be the first, by a long shot, to suggest here that it might subtly and occasionally happen in RL. How many people have mentioned before what the NRL and Ch9 would prefer the outcome of games, preferred grand final lineups etc to be? Plenty! In fact, generally I try to distance myself from that and believe there is still some purity in sport and that not everthing about it is just a business now, but last night my resistance cracked. If Test cricket results can be fixed by greedy people, it would be silly to assume RL is immune. Related to this was that a band's performance before the game, in the past purely a performance for entertainment, was reduced to being an ad for an online music selling company (have a look at the background screen when they were playing), which was sad and infuriating at the same time. All I was saying before was that some mistakes made last night by people other than players, when you look at their blatant nature and when they were all added together, one could not help at least raising an eyebrow to the possibility that they weren't all purely mistakes. Not saying that was definitely the case but one could not be blamed for thinking it. At least there can be no suspicion over the genuine-ness and unpretentiousness of the Queensland spirit - perhaps the only genuine thing left in Origin now.

Cheers.

I for one, DO think it is naive to think that sport corruption completely doesn't exist in the rugby league world. (Not that I am saying anyone is) NOTHING compared to America of course.
When it has occurred who knows but I wouldn't say anything crazy like it happened last night or anything. Corruption would exist but to what extent I don't know.

Umm. Back on topic but I'm not sure who should come in for Hannant but I guess one of the Cowboys props should. If Scott is in form then he can have a crack I suppose? He's played one? I think he's played one. 06 game 1 according to memory.

With Hannant looking like he will be out. The selectors have to give young Matt Scott another go at origin level. His form this year for the cowboys has been nothing but short of outstanding. Him and Tronc are both standing up each for the Cowboys, and causing headaches for opposing teams.

And maybe bring Boyd into the centres and big Dell onto the wing. The back line will sort it self out over the next couple of weeks imo.

mrslong said:
So now Hannant is pretty much ruled out with Inglis unlikely, and Tonga awaiting scans.

Who do we bring in and why?

I have a feeling that, if Hodges is still out, they will bring Michaels in. Definately not a selection I would make, but he did make the 25-man squad and his name was mentioned by a few to replace Hodges in the first place.

It'll be a very different backline that's for sure! This is what I'd pick.

1. Slater
2. Walker
3. Boyd
4. Folau
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson
----------------------
14. Hunt
15. Myles
16. Crocker
17. Scott

May not have to happen though because the mail is Hodges may even play for the Broncos this Sunday, and Inglis cleared of a broken jaw so might be as easy as Hodges in for Tonga, Scott in for Hannant.

Rest assured you blues. Inglis is going to carve u ***** up in game 3 just like the first 20 minutes of game 2.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • cento
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Astro
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.