Qld Team Game 3

Word is that Tonga should be fit to play. He could even play this weekend.

Inglis has also been cleared of his broken jaw so he should be right for Origin 3. And Hodges is a chance to play this weekend, so he should be fit for Origin 3 too.

Tonga's going to be unlucky and miss out despite a very good performance on Wednesday.

Inglis will be waiting for you Trent.

If Harrison is out of game three, I'd much rather have Stagg in the side than Costigan.

Hell I'd even have Parker there. His form's been terrific lately.

ethos said:
If Harrison is out of game three, I'd much rather have Stagg in the side than Costigan.

Hell I'd even have Parker there. His form's been terrific lately.

+1

Costigan makes a good 18th man.

Jeba said:
mrslong said:
So now Hannant is pretty much ruled out with Inglis unlikely, and Tonga awaiting scans.

Who do we bring in and why?

I have a feeling that, if Hodges is still out, they will bring Michaels in. Definately not a selection I would make, but he did make the 25-man squad and his name was mentioned by a few to replace Hodges in the first place.

It'll be a very different backline that's for sure! This is what I'd pick.

1. Slater
2. Walker
3. Boyd
4. Folau
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson
----------------------
14. Hunt
15. Myles
16. Crocker
17. Scott

May not have to happen though because the mail is Hodges may even play for the Broncos this Sunday, and Inglis cleared of a broken jaw so might be as easy as Hodges in for Tonga, Scott in for Hannant.

So Wallace will do a Rock and change teams? [icon_shru [icon_razz1 Im guessing you mean JT.

Good team tho

Jeba said:
mrslong said:
So now Hannant is pretty much ruled out with Inglis unlikely, and Tonga awaiting scans.

I have a feeling that, if Hodges is still out, they will bring Michaels in. Definately not a selection I would make, but he did make the 25-man squad and his name was mentioned by a few to replace Hodges in the first place.

1. Slater
2. Walker
3. Boyd
4. Folau
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson
----------------------
14. Hunt
15. Myles
16. Crocker
17. Scott

May not have to happen though because the mail is Hodges may even play for the Broncos this Sunday, and Inglis cleared of a broken jaw so might be as easy as Hodges in for Tonga, Scott in for Hannant.

I doubt Michaels would be considered. When they were finding a replace for hodges they only mentioned tonga, sailor, walker, graham and blaire. cant see michaels getting in over any of them

But come on, the Broncos and Michaels' form has been so good lately..............

QUEENSLANDER said:
Jeba said:
mrslong said:

1. Slater
2. Walker
3. Boyd
4. Folau
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson
----------------------
14. Hunt
15. Myles
16. Crocker
17. Scott

I doubt Michaels would be considered. When they were finding a replace for hodges they only mentioned tonga, sailor, walker, graham and blaire. cant see michaels getting in over any of them

I heard Michaels mentioned plenty of times. Like I said, I wouldn't pick him in a hundred years, but his name will get considered.

Won't be an issue though I think as two of either Inglis, Hodges and Tonga should all be right.

Yeh Tonga's in an uncomfortable position where he has Hodges and Inglis in front of him. People will argue he deserves it. Put it this way - If Hodges is out of form and Tonga's in superb form next year - well... it would be a different debate then wouldn't it?

Inglis - king of MIA before but what happened to this guy? His attitude has been the best I've seen since debut. It was kind of slack the hype surrounding him when he was just a kid but now - fair enough. As long as he keeps it up - we're good.

Boyd to centre if Hodges is out; Inglis looks ok to play. I don't think Tonga is Origin level anymore.

Sailor for Boyd.

If Hodges plays then the only change I'd make is Scott for Hannant.

What makes you think Tonga is not Origin level? His defence was outstanding on Wednesday, especially after a lot of people put pressure on him because he was playing on the side of the field he normally doesn't play.

LOLZ @ mrslong.

STILL trying to move Slater from fullback! Even if he cured cancer you'd have issues with him. He jumps up, knocks the ball back for Cam Smith to wrap up the series, amongst hundreds of other great plays in SoO 2009. When will we except he is the greatest fullback by MILES?

P.S. Cam Smith hasn't been called a whinger by BHQ for some time...

He knocks the ball back to O'Donnell, not Smith. O'Donnell is awful, and drops the ball.
Slater might be the best club level fullback, but he's not as good as Hunt at rep level.

OK Alex. Of course he's not. Neil Henry and Mal Meninga are just biased.

Alex, you are as blinded towards Slater (and Storm player's in general) as mrslong, so forgive me for letting my eyes glaze over whenever you post.

To honestly say that not only after 2008, but also the 2009 season, that Slater isn't the best fullback in the RL world makes you look plain RL unintelligent.

Next you will tell me how unskilled Hayne is.

Slater made a few mistakes in game 2, but ****, so did a few people. crocker dropped the ball 3 or 4 times and no-one is going to say he doesnt deserve his spot. Just watch the broncos games, hunt gets beaten 9/10 when an attacking player comes to him. he stopped one today when moi moi just ran straight at him, but grothe and reddy went straight thru him a few times. Hunts 1 on 1 defence at fullback is probably the worst in the game. on the other hand, slater saved us numerous times in game 1 and 2. Him and boyd were under constant pressure yet came thru saving basically everything.

Slater has proven he is the best QLD fullback. there is no question. hunt is lucky he can play a few positions, or he wouldnt get a look in.

Hammoz said:
P.S. Cam Smith hasn't been called a whinger by BHQ for some time...

We're allowed to like him at this time of the year. The rest of the year he's a **** wit, and I don't care what you think about that [icon_razz1

QUEENSLANDER said:
Skater made a few mistakes in game 2, but ****, so did a few people. crocker dropped the ball 3 or 4 times and no-one is going to say he doesnt deserve his spot.

Bullshit! I've said Crocker doesn't deserve his spot for years! He's a myth!

A MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTH!!!!!!!!!

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Pablo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.