Qld Team Game 3

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Stagg or Cositgan, either or.

Rib cartilage is a tough injury to come back from, I'm not sure if Haro will recover in time.

The pack will probably look something like:

8. Myles
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Thaiday
12. Stagg
13. Johnson

14. Shillington
15. Scott
16. Crocker
17. Hunt

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Hmmm. It certainly has made game 3 interesting all of a sudden!!!

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd prefer Costigans mongrel tbh, but Stagg would fill the void well also.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Well, what are we looking at for the future guys?
It's a good chance to see how they go, especially with their attitude. Whether they are willing to rip in when the series is already over.

Are we looking for Stagg to break into the team in the future? I don't see them replacing Johnson (whether they SHOULD is a different matter) but they won't do it. I'm NOT a fan of stagg on the bench for that utility role. I mean he should be used in origin to tackle everything that moves - enough said. But that means TWO players almost useless in attack. Albeit he knows how to attack now. Or if Hunt goes overseas does he take over that Hunt bench spot? What do you guys think?

I haven't seen enough of Shillington and Scott but are they the real deal? I always thought Ross would take over as well but he's been downhill since 05 game 1. Who are the fair dinkum props that are going to take over? and do we want two props on the bench?

I think these selections would be more important than anyone thinks - VERY important for the making of the 10 and 11 series that is FOR SURE.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but assuming civo/pricey not there for 10.

Hannant / ???? - Starting

Shllington / Myles (back up prop) - Bench

Is that the go?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Stagg should only be picked if Harrison is out.

Here's my team, on the assumption that Civoniceva, Hannant and Harrison are unable to play, and Hodges is available.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Stagg
13. Johnson

14. Hunt
15. Shillington
16. Scott
17. Crocker (as shit as he is)

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy's team is spot on what should be picked.

Scotty - this team doesn't need extra mongrel. They're built on just getting the job done. Stagg is the perfect replacement for Harrison.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, I'd go for Stagg or even Luck over Costigan any day as well. Excellent defence > sightly better attack and giving away penalties.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not convinced about Costigan yet. Gives too much penalties away. Has he fixed this yet?

Also - The problem I mentioned before Coxy about Stagg and Johnson in the same team. Do you think it nullifies too many attacking plays? Or you reckon Stagg has got some nice touches in attack now? Or you're thinking - 'screw attack in the back row' Just use the backline and Thaiday?

I still think it's good to have a bit of creativity there. BUT It will be an excellent hard working back row that is for sure. If QLD get early points with that team... boy - we would really storm home.

AND - I know this is for game 3 so whatever. WOULD you guys put Stagg/Johnson in the same team next year? hmmmmm tough one. I wouldn't mind but you wouldn't drop anyone would you?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not convinced about Costigan yet. Gives too much penalties away. Has he fixed this yet?

Also - The problem I mentioned before Coxy about Stagg and Johnson in the same team. Do you think it nullifies too many attacking plays? Or you reckon Stagg has got some nice touches in attack now? Or you're thinking - 'screw attack in the back row' Just use the backline and Thaiday?

I still think it's good to have a bit of creativity there. BUT It will be an excellent hard working back row that is for sure. If QLD get early points with that team... boy - we would really storm home.

AND - I know this is for game 3 so whatever. WOULD you guys put Stagg/Johnson in the same team next year? hmmmmm tough one. I wouldn't mind but you wouldn't drop anyone would you?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
lockyer47 said:

Watch a few Bulldogs games. Stagg is attacking very well, easily as well as Harrison. I don't think you lose much with Stagg vs Harrison, and Harrison has been going fine with Johnson (I had reservations with that combination at the start of the series myself).

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
Hmmmmmm. What will the selectors do though? Selectors confuse the hell out of me at times.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Folau out for 8 weeks, bugger. Who will replace him?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt to fullback, Sailor on the wing ( I guess), Sla-tor out of the side.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Hunt
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Johnson

14. Crocker
15. Scott
16. Kaufusi
17. Cronk

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Hunt is wasted on the wing.

Slater wing in attack/FB in defense vice versa for Hunt

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Tonga and Hodges both played wing for some of their respective games this weekend. Either could do it for origin

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
No thank you to Hunt on the wing. NOT a fan of Slater on the wing either.

Tonga on the wing? Perhaps but wouldn't that just be a sympathy selection? More like a "Oh Hodges is back so lets put him at centre, Tonga went great last game - Folau's injured let's stick Tonga on the wing?"
I'm not feeling that.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I want Cronk on the bench so he has experience for next year when he is our utility.... Tonga/Hunt on the wing is much the same... Hunt won a premiership on the Wing.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Santa
  • Manifesto
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.