Qld Team Game 3

We'll still win, but [icon_frown

www.foxsports.com.au said:
Penrith hit with blow as Petero Civoniceva to miss seven weeks with injury

June 29, 2009
Penrith's NRL finals hopes have been dealt a massive blow with news captain Petero Civoniceva will be sidelined for seven weeks.

Civoniceva pulled the tendon off the bone of his big toe during the first half of Queensland's historic win over NSW last Wednesday night.

He played through the second half with some discomfort but it wasn't until after the game that the extent of the damage was revealed.

A seven-week layoff would have Civoniceva sidelined until the round 24 clash against South Sydney, while he will also miss Queensland's push for an Origin series whitewash in Brisbane on July 15.

“I would have liked to be able to play for the club and take my spot in the final Origin game of the series but unfortunately that won't be the case,'' Civoniceva said.

Looks like Matt Scott will definately be playing now which will be a great experience for him.

Good time to blood Scott and Shillington (how has he been going) without Ebony and Hannant.

A sad day for QLD origin.

Petero and Steve have given us 4 series, hope he is fit to lead the Panthers into finals territory for his own sake.

sad indeed for Civo, hes spilt more than his fair share of blood for QLD

yep either Scott or Shillington to get a spot now..

When was the last time they did NOT play together?
Game 1 2008?

Ironbroncos said:
sad indeed for Civo, hes spilt more than his fair share of blood for QLD

yep either Scott or Shillington to get a spot now..

Both should get a spot since hannant is out too. Fox sports said Taylor is under consideration. I sure as hell hope not

Jeba said:
We'll still win, but [icon_frown

www.foxsports.com.au said:
Penrith hit with blow as Petero Civoniceva to miss seven weeks with injury

June 29, 2009
Penrith's NRL finals hopes have been dealt a massive blow with news captain Petero Civoniceva will be sidelined for seven weeks.

Civoniceva pulled the tendon off the bone of his big toe during the first half of Queensland's historic win over NSW last Wednesday night.

He played through the second half with some discomfort but it wasn't until after the game that the extent of the damage was revealed.

A seven-week layoff would have Civoniceva sidelined until the round 24 clash against South Sydney, while he will also miss Queensland's push for an Origin series whitewash in Brisbane on July 15.

“I would have liked to be able to play for the club and take my spot in the final Origin game of the series but unfortunately that won't be the case,'' Civoniceva said.

Looks like Matt Scott will definately be playing now which will be a great experience for him.
what a freakin hero to play the 2nd half with tendon pulled off the bone.

He deserved players player and more!

Taylor would have a heart attack after two hitups given the pace.

Shillington and Scott have been producing the goods at NRL level for the whole season while Taylor is struggling to get of the QLD cup.

D Taylor? Please. No Way.

So Scott and Shillington though? Doesn't sound too promising but it should be OK with Pricey to start with one of them. Such a shame Hannant can't make it - it would have been good to get another origin under his belt. Hmmmmmmmm Have we got anyone else?

surely Myles and Price will start.

Hammoz said:
LOLZ @ mrslong.

STILL trying to move Slater from fullback! Even if he cured cancer you'd have issues with him. He jumps up, knocks the ball back for Cam Smith to wrap up the series, amongst hundreds of other great plays in SoO 2009. When will we except he is the greatest fullback by MILES?

P.S. Cam Smith hasn't been called a whinger by BHQ for some time...
I only wanted Slater to move to the wing because he was obviously sick and below par, whereas Karmichael is more of a playmaker than billy would've had the comination with locky & folau. Billy was struggling after 5 mins, and playing very un-slater like footy. I'm a slater fan as much as the next bloke.... [icon_shru I just rate Karmichael in the opening exchanges more than Slater as he's a bit tougher and Billy is better in broken play when forwards are tiring etc. :P

Coxy said:
mrslong said:
surely Myles and Price will start.

+1

Though I worry they'll shift Thaiday to the front row.

Nah, can't see that happening, Price and Myles will be 10 and 8 and i reckon shillington will get a look in as Darren was giving him wraps in the sunday mail a couple of weeks ago about being a future origin prop

Massive blow with Civ out as well as Hannant. And I understand that Harrison won't be fit either? If so, we'll have to have three new forwards in the side.

I'd go with Matt Scott, David Stagg and probably Shillington. I haven't seen him play a great deal though so I can't really comment but his stats always seem to be fantastic.

If Harrison is out Costigan should come in. This is a good chance to blood Scott and Shillington for future series too.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ell.d33
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • Stix
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • mrslong
  • Dazza 92
  • TimWhatley
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Gaz
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.