QLD Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I honestly think we will win and win well mainly due to the spine and the combinations built over 6 series all over the field plus our side almost completely picks itself, we have no form related issues or ex-players bagging out guys or championing others. Our ex players let our staff do the job plus we have an incredibly good unit of forwards who turn up every year come Origin time, guys like Myles and Harrison look solid at club level much of the time but you put them in Maroon you get the extra 20% guaranteed the NSW counterparts are a lottery besides Gallen. Stewart, Lewis and Watmough are all fantastic club backrowers but are yet to really stamp themselves as Origin players and NSW have so many guys half heartedly putting their hand up for different spots fullback, centre, five-eighth, halfback, prop and hooker are all up for grabs to some degree with no obvious choice saying "yep I am clearly the best and I am clearly an Origin player". On paper we have the better team and in reality we will win and win well, I think NSW despite Ricky Stuarts efforts and talk of staying loyal they have so few guys that "must" keep there spots and even less guys banging down the door.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate/Neilsen
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Hannant
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Gillett
15. Taylor
16. Civo
17. Shillington

Nothing NSW could pick in its current stocks can out point our backline, out organise/create our halves/hooker, out yard our prop rotation or out work our backrow the only area NSW has an edge is the backrow running which is almost always the case year after year bbut with the improvements in Taylor and the emergence of Gillett I think we have all but nullified that advantage.

QLD will be up 2-0 who gives a sh!t after that.

Can't fault that side at all. Was going to suggest swap Hannant and Petero but to be honest I don't think it matters who starts and who is on the bench. 7 in a row, I'm very very confident.

Yeah Jeb the 4 props are totally interchangable, I have no doubt all 4 will perform whatever role they get. I think McGuire steps in seamlessly for an injury or next year for Civo.

I think DCE will definitely be there, and Parker, Gillett and Civo are all in contention for the same final spot on the bench.

Good team, but too many forwards on the bench imo.

2 backrowers, 2 props. Perfect balance, Gillett can cover centre if there is an injury to the outside backs.

No point in having a back on the bench unless they can rotate with the forwards too.

2 backrowers, 2 props. Perfect balance, Gillett can cover centre if there is an injury to the outside backs.

No point in having a back on the bench unless they can rotate with the forwards too.

^^ This. But I fear QLD will continue with their tradition of having a utility back on the bench.

I'll be extremely disappointed if they don't pick Civo.

I'd go with Brizz's team for sure. And I think Civ will definitely get a spot. Be interesting to see what will happen with the 'utility' position, the good thing in the past with Cronk/Berrigan on the bench is that they were tough enough to defend in the backrow. Not sure DCE is good enough to do that, although I feel the selectors believe he's more versatile than he actually is..

The whole 'what if we get an injury' argument is a bit silly I feel.

If Civoniceva is in the team, we will win. I'd rather him on the field for the first 20. He will be Enormous! Hannant comes on with fresh legs and inspire the team.
If they leave Civa out of the team, we will lose.

Gillett has to be the utility. Slater & Cronk can cover 9. Boyd & Gillett and even Harro can cover 6. Hodges, Boyd, Inglis can cover 1. We have plenty of versatility amongst our superstars!

18th man should be McGuire.

DCE should be no where near this team. His time will come.

If Civoniceva is in the team, we will win. I'd rather him on the field for the first 20. He will be Enormous! Hannant comes on with fresh legs and inspire the team.
If they leave Civa out of the team, we will lose.

Gillett has to be the utility. Slater & Cronk can cover 9. Boyd & Gillett and even Harro can cover 6. Hodges, Boyd, Inglis can cover 1. We have plenty of versatility amongst our superstars!

18th man should be McGuire.

DCE should be no where near this team. His time will come.

I agree.

DCE shouldn't be there yet as he honestly doesn't really cover that many positions.

Gillett HAS to be on the bench, simply for his versatility and his awesomness !!!!!!!!

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with DCE on the bench, I guess. Our forwards all play pretty big minutes anyway, 3 forwards is enough to cover the rest. I'd use DCE in a Hitchcliffe sort of role, where he comes on and plays a bit of hooker. Smith CAN play the full 80, but it does that a toll out of you, and would limit his attacking game a bit. Hooker is a demanding position these days, especially for someone like Smith, who often tops tackle counts and is usually one of the first in the tackle.

Check out the article on the roar saying that Ben Barba (black sheep) should get picked on the QLD bench. He would be a gun coming of the bench.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with DCE on the bench, I guess. Our forwards all play pretty big minutes anyway, 3 forwards is enough to cover the rest. I'd use DCE in a Hitchcliffe sort of role, where he comes on and plays a bit of hooker. Smith CAN play the full 80, but it does that a toll out of you, and would limit his attacking game a bit. Hooker is a demanding position these days, especially for someone like Smith, who often tops tackle counts and is usually one of the first in the tackle.

Playing the 80 doesn't seem to have worried Smith much in the past, I doubt it would now.

Totally agree with The Brizz's team.

Gillett is the utility for the bench, not DCE please. Just to think that we're leaving out the likes of DCE, Parker, Barba, Tonga and Yow Yeh due to injury, you'd think we may be looking at a prolonging this dynasty for another 3 or 4 years.

Brett Kimmorley said that Ben Barba should get QLD's wing spot. Bad idea Uate would just use him as a speedbump and the NSW backs would've have a field day outjumping him. Bench maybe Start No way

No thanks to Barba. Is it really a surprise to see Kimmorley wanting Barba picked? He does work for the dogs.

It would be like the Matty Bowen bench experiment. He either starts or doesn't play, likewise DCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.