QLD Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not at all convinced by DCE

I don't understand how people want to bring in guys like DCE who have had 1 good season

Sure, maybe DCE will be a super star, but we give that label away far too quickly

There is no way he deserves to be in the starting line up ahead of Cronk who has done his apprenticeship

And he doesn't belong on the bench in front of others who are either more experienced or more versatile (usually both)

I am not at all convinced by DCE

I don't understand how people want to bring in guys like DCE who have had 1 good season

Sure, maybe DCE will be a super star, but we give that label away far too quickly

There is no way he deserves to be in the starting line up ahead of Cronk who has done his apprenticeship

And he doesn't belong on the bench in front of others who are either more experienced or more versatile (usually both)

I agree with this.

And i'm pretty sure Mal would be thinking along the same lines.

Speculation on the FoxSports site that the side will be:

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (c), Petero Civoniceva, Sam Thaiday, Nate Myles, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Matt Gillett, Ben Hannant, Dave Shillington, Dave Taylor. 18th man: Daly Cherry-Evans.

I can live with that for sure but after seeing NSW's side, I fear we may be a bit too heavy and cumbersome up front. Would be a tough decision but I'd leave out Civ, start with Hannant and bring in either Parker or McGuire on the bench. I think Petero may get shown up by speed and footwork in the ruck which would place greater pressure on those around him.

But that's the only slight concern I can find, that pack should devour NSW.

Give GI and hodgo good early ball and watch the magic

They won't leave out Petro IMO. He will grow a leg in origin I reckon, he always has.

Happy with that side.

Petero is the best prop in Origin history & I don't think he's getting a fair go at the Broncs this season. Still, doesn't stop him from making good runs right up the middle and earning our side the roll onto score points.

He's finally starting to show his age, but he'll be right for Origin.

Tate's interesting. 3 serious knee injuries, really wasn't great on the wing 2 serious knee injuries ago...it's a concern but who else do we have? Rather him than say Graham and what a story it is for Brent after the 2010 4Ns. He's really put his hand up these past two weeks and I wouldn't have that big a problem.

Let's make it 7!

Petero is the best prop in Origin history & I don't think he's getting a fair go at the Broncs this season. Still, doesn't stop him from making good runs right up the middle and earning our side the roll onto score points.

Kanye

Please Explain???

He's not getting the game time he deserves.

21 mins. this week, 34 last - he's a better player than that and when he's been given the right amount of game time he's delivered his best performances.

Guy should be playing 40-50 each week, no question and I reckon Mal won't hesitate and Qld will benefit.

Brisbane will too come finals.

He's not getting the game time he deserves.

21 mins. this week, 34 last - he's a better player than that and when he's been given the right amount of game time he's delivered his best performances.

Guy should be playing 40-50 each week, no question and I reckon Mal won't hesitate and Qld will benefit.

Brisbane will too come finals.

So which prop out of McGuire and Hannant do you take minutes off??

Both could do with 10 less minutes (which would be 50 mins based on this week), but of course it's a case by case scenario. If Thaiday wasn't captain I'd suggest he should hit the pine, he isn't putting in enough at this stage because of his rib injury.

Sometimes having an awesome pack can have it's disadvantages.

Don't agree, I think we are a better side with McGuire and Hannant on the park so the longer they are on the field the better.

Sometimes having an awesome pack can have it's disadvantages.

Like giving the oldest prop in the side less minutes.

Last edited:
You mean the greatest prop of all time.

You mean the greatest prop of all time.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he is 36 and on the way out. Still he generally plays 30-40 mins which is enough IMO. He may get more as the season progresses who knows.

Beads do you watch footy? Petero is still making 10 meters a hit up, he's still playing well.

He is playing well but not as well as McGuire and Hannant.

Civo will just have to prove you wrong in Origin Beads.

He's got plenty of experience, been doing it for 30 games now.

Civo will just have to prove you wrong in Origin Beads.

He's got plenty of experience, been doing it for 30 games now.

In what way will he be proving me wrong???

By playing awesome despite being 'on the way out'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Lozza
  • Ondi
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Maroon4life
  • Behold
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.