QLD Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swooosh.

Age doesn't matter when you're still putting in the performances, which Petero has done this season.

Qld will benefit and I'm happy about that.

Swooosh.

Age doesn't matter when you're still putting in the performances, which Petero has done this season.

Qld will benefit and I'm happy about that.

They won't leave out Petro IMO. He will grow a leg in origin I reckon, he always has.

That is what I said earlier. Just in case you missed it.

Too bad you didn't stick with it.

Don't even know why you bothered arguing. You'd admit that receiving 20 odd minutes wasn't fair, especially for a player of his calibre.

Too bad you didn't stick with it.

Don't even know why you bothered arguing. You'd admit that receiving 20 odd minutes wasn't fair, especially for a player of his calibre.

It was a one off. :sigh:

And the most recent example too.

At any other club he'd be receiving 40-60 and nobody would bat their eyelids about him making Origin. At Brisbane he's barely getting 30+.

And the most recent example too.

At any other club he'd be receiving 40-60 and nobody would bat their eyelids about him making Origin. At Brisbane he's barely getting 30+.

Merrygoround

You even agreed with my main point that Civo will lift for Qld yet you wanted to pick a fight anyways.

I don't think so. He is completely discounting how good McGuire and Hannant has been for us and is crying over Petro getting 20 mins in one game this season. All of a sudden Petro has been treated unfairly. It is absolute bullshit.

The only person discounting our players is you.

Petero has definitely deserved more minutes this season.

I was really surprised at how little time he got against Manly, especially so, because in recent weeks he's looked to have found some good form.

I'm all for giving Civo a chance to go out a winner etc, but in reality, his form has been poor, hes struggling with the speed of the game and mcguire is suffering from neither of these. McGuire should be there over Civo, but i can see why Civo will be picked.

I'm all for giving Civo a chance to go out a winner etc, but in reality, his form has been poor, hes struggling with the speed of the game and mcguire is suffering from neither of these. McGuire should be there over Civo, but i can see why Civo will be picked.

Careful champ. Certain champions of the game have proven you wrong in the past!

:S Im not saying i have a problem with him being there. i know he will step up a level for qld and still dominate the blues easily. i think mcguire would be a better choice, but civo will still get the job done

I'm all for Civo being there. Send him out a winner, after all the service he's given QLD. Maybe it'll fire the rest of the team up too.

Lol completely missing the point yet again with statements like this.

Like with Lockyer, who's to say that in the years when he really wasn't playing too well but thurston and cronk were on fire, that even though Lockyer "got the job done"' that cronk wouldn't have done it even better? That's what some of us are saying. Yes, civoniceva would step up in origin and play well - but McGuire doesn't even need to step up, he's already playing at that level. So you either pick the best on form and watch them do what theyve already been doing, or you pick the old player who's down on form with the hope they'll step up.

It's not "proving us wrong" when the oldie puts in a good game lol. If petero runs for 200m, who is to say that McGuire who is in 10x better form wouldn't have run for 300m? It was the same with Lockyer. On form he did not deserve to be picked over cronk who had been playing the house down week in week out for years. Just because Lockyer then has a good game it doesn't suddenly mean he was the better choice.

Um when Lockyer was getting picked wasn't it Prince everyone thought was hard done by?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Rah88
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • Organix
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.