QLD Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree with the above as well.

I did think about him, and he is a freaking weapon, but where does he fit in?
Five-Eight or Fullback, and well... that's not gonna happen any time soon! And on the wing... against 2 big wingers like Morris/Hayne/Uate, he would be road kill in defense and under the high ball.
Besides, his added value would be nullified on the wing too.

He's young, let him develop a few more years.

If they choose light bench option it has to be Bowen the combination he has with JT is freakish and he does his most damage late in games through the middle. Barba isn't ready yet and DCE is just a 7. Bowen knows the role and would.be an asset. Saying all that my preference is to have a bigger bench with Gillett as they utility option.

If QLD care that much about a small utility they have to go with Cronk.

And who would be the halfback?

Umm, Daly Cherry-Evans of course!

I'm not saying DCE deserves to be halfback over Cronk. I'm simply saying, that in terms of overall strength, that

7. DCE
14. Cronk

Is far better than any combination of:

7. Cronk
14. Barba/Bowen

IMO, of course. Personally, I don't think QLD needs a small utility. Roll with Gillett as the utility and just pick forwards in the other 3 spots should be fine. BUT, if there really does need to be a small utility, I think DCE/Cronk best serves an overall squad of 17.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but there's no way Cronk will be on the bench anyway. He's head and shoulders the best Halfback at the moment!
With Gillett as the utility, we have pretty much every position covered in the backs anyway:

FB: Slater, Inglis, Boyd
WG: Boyd, Inglis, Tate (he was huge last night)
C: Hodges, Inglis, Tate, Gillett
5/8: Thurston, Boyd, Inglis
H/B: Cronk, Thurston

And obviously, his impact alongside Taylor on the fringes would be just awesomeness!

If Scott isn't fit and his injury is worse than he is telling us I have no qualms with them picking Lillyman if he plays another game like he did on Saturday next week, he was very strong with the ball and we all know how string he is as a defender. He isn't a perfect swap for Scott but he has the Origin experience and is such a strong defensive player.

If Scott isn't fit and his injury is worse than he is telling us I have no qualms with them picking Lillyman if he plays another game like he did on Saturday next week, he was very strong with the ball and we all know how string he is as a defender. He isn't a perfect swap for Scott but he has the Origin experience and is such a strong defensive player.

Agree completely.

No way imo. If we need another forward it HAS to be McGuire. Should be starting at the broncos, and should be in the QLD team either this year or next.

I'm liking the looks of Inglis... He's in the best form of the last 3 years, and I can't wait to watch him tear the NSW'kers to shreds!

Good. Give him a rest before carving up nsw

Wow, that's shocking news. Melbourne finally have a star player injured!

Man, Billy sure has lost some hair in that article.

Did you not click the link lol.

He could still play.

If Gidley can come back in 2 weeks, after dislocationg his shoulder (the first time), Slater can do it with a bung foot.

Is he even a Queenslander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Astro
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.