Queensland Bulls Season '09/10

Whats the national comp like compare to the international in terms of entertainment? Im asking because i got 2 Season passes in the QLD Bulls showbag at the ekka and they are just wasting away in my wallet.

bulls games are always great fun to go to, especially the one dayers and twenty20.

Went to the 20-20 with the boys Friday night Draggx, great fun only problem is it is fast and furious on the field and also with the drinking and resulting fights etc in the crowd as well. The GABBA also every 20-20 game never organise things properly and if you don't get your tickets beforehand or get in early you will miss half the game as they never open up enough seating and you spend half the time trying to find somewhere to sit until they open up new areas of stand. Great fun and great atmosphere but apart from these 2 issues (note: i sit in a alcohol free area so the drunks don't worry the boys)

Yeah ive heard heaps about the drunks. problem for me is i enjoy having a couple of drinks at events. Actually got abused at the Broncos Dragons game end of season because i had a beer in my hand while my son was next to me go figure. 1 drink and im a bad dad lol.

But on topic, i take it having a drink at the Gabba would mean sitting with those idiots?

draggx said:
But on topic, i take it having a drink at the Gabba would mean sitting with those idiots?

I wouldn't think all are like that Dragg, just pick your area I suppose. Next game is Saturday night so could be a few starting very early, and I think there is a female game beforehand as well (Qld Fire).

Will probably take the boys along again as that is about their attention span for cricket at this stage.

ah Cousins 20th this saturday night damn. Will have to try and make it to the next one thou for sure.

I think you'll find the behavior of spectators at interstate games is much improved upon those who frequent the Internationals. Today's paper made that very point when they stated that at the last 2 big bash matches played at the Gabba only 6 people had been evicted.

Russo said:
Went to the 20-20 with the boys Friday night Draggx, great fun only problem is it is fast and furious on the field and also with the drinking and resulting fights etc in the crowd as well. The GABBA also every 20-20 game never organise things properly and if you don't get your tickets beforehand or get in early you will miss half the game as they never open up enough seating and you spend half the time trying to find somewhere to sit until they open up new areas of stand. Great fun and great atmosphere but apart from these 2 issues (note: i sit in a alcohol free area so the drunks don't worry the boys)

Funny. Myself, BroncoMatt and Hammo went along and didn't experience any of this. We got there literally 5 minutes before the first ball was bowled, and got in no worries with plenty of time to spare. We sat upstairs as well (best place to sit for the cricket) and had no drunks around us.

It's the nature of Twenty20 though. Bad start in the first innings and you're over the barrel.
To defend 149 Queensland needed to take a few early wickets. They didn't.

Credit to that new keeper kid though, 70 off 40 balls, sensational!

Geez Queensland have a couple of outstanding wicket keepers at the moment! Dunk's form lately has been very good, not just last night.

Hopes carrying his bat for only 30-odd was very ordinary, and as much as I rate Chris Simpson as a captain, his field placings last night were terrible.

Even so, he wasn't seeing them well at all. Only middled 1 or 2.

Not one of his best innings, I was defending him up until about the 16th/17th over when i thought he just had to go for it and try and launch some bombs. Cutting is some pretty big hitting power to leave in the shed.

I thought Simpson was great last night, Jeb. Really enjoyed his field placings. Loved the ones for Vettori.

Ben Cutting is a star of the future his bowling is gaining pace and his lower order hitting is quite handy.. Watch him go people.

The Bulls have pulled another game from the fire!

Trailling the whole game, The Queenslander's looked in all sorts at the end of day 3 still needing 77 to win with only 2 wickets in hand. The task got even tougher when the in-form Hartley was dismissed with still 58 runs needed.

But Swan & Feldman combined to put on 58 for the last wicket and get the Bulls the maximum points icon_thumbs_u

BroncoMatt said:
The Bulls have pulled another game from the fire!

Trailling the whole game, The Queenslander's looked in all sorts at the end of day 3 still needing 77 to win with only 2 wickets in hand. The task got even tougher when the in-form Hartley was dismissed with still 58 runs needed.

But Swan & Feldman combined to put on 58 for the last wicket and get the Bulls the maximum points icon_thumbs_u

Saw that! Phenomenal stuff!

Now let's hope QLD can win its remaining games outright and Vic gets no points in one of its remaining games and QLD hosts the Shield Final! YEW!

That is the QLD spirit coming out again. Was a remarkable win it is awesome how most of QLD tailenders can bat quite well..

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Redux
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.