Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

Bullemor was impressive as was, believe it or not, Levi. But I thought the stand out was Pulu. Weird ol' game.

since you seem to watch the ISC, i have a question for you.

has Vlandysball infected that comp yet? or do they still play rugby league in the ISC?

has Vlandysball infected that comp yet? or do they still play rugby league in the ISC?

It has unfortunately yes but nowhere near the extent of the NRL. They are a lot more sensible with the head highs for example. They also call players to play on the mark.

It has unfortunately yes but nowhere near the extent of the NRL. They are a lot more sensible with the head highs for example. They also call players to play on the mark.
That happened in one of the NRL games within the last two days! I truly was shocked to hear a ref yelling at the attacking player to 'stop pushing into the markers' ...one of my all time annoyances. I just wished they started penalising the attacker for doing that and relentlessly pushing forward off the mark.

I think it's had minimal impact, the games haven't changed too much at all. A lot of players say they're gassed but it's not impacting games. I haven't done the numbers but the scores haven't blown out like in the NRL.

Penalties are a bit down but not a lot- 2019 most penalised team was the Falcons av 9 a game, 2021 it's Tweed av 6.9.

Falcons came first and Tweed are coming third.

The Broncos are trying to get a 'teacher' for him for the next two years.

Have they got anyone in mind? Feel like there’s a few they could call up right now.

Isaako, Oates and mead all score today?

This is pretty cool. Qld squad practising against Wynnum Manly (Facebook link):

Gulls probably put up more of a challenge than the Broncos.

All depends on the coach! When Kevvie was coach Jets always got the gig, Green so Wynnum get the gig.

Sexton two year extension at Titans. Staying until end of ‘24.

Astute, he’s going well.

"It (the contract extension) probably gives me added confidence given that I still haven't' played my first first grade game," Sexton said.

Despite watching some high profile team-mates from the 2019 Australian Schoolboys side make their NRL debuts this season, Sexton says patience is the key as he pushes for a first grade start.

"I am not trying to look too far ahead," he said.

"I see my mates playing first grade like Reecey Walsh and Sam Walker and they are killing it.

"But I have got to look at it long term. Short term I think it has affected some young blokes who have come up but Q-Cup has been a really good competition for me to grow as an individual and play against men on a week to week basis.

"If the opportunity came about I would put my hand up and be confident to play but I have to take it one step at a time."

Could Sexton and James be anymore sensible and thought provoking.

Too conservative for that, I imagine James thinks three craft beers at home and Thai take away is loose and might halt his career.

Probably stays up all night worried about his pinch test the next day- which he probably does himself each morning.

At this stage ISC going ahead. If lockdown continues the bye weekend will be moved to this weekend.

Nikorima excellent last night, added real attacking option and could be a great addition for Dolphins coming to finals.

Didn’t try to come in and try and touch the ball five times a set just picked his time.

Nikorima excellent last night, added real attacking option and could be a great addition for Dolphins coming to finals.

Didn’t try to come in and try and touch the ball five times a set just picked his time.
Where’s he going to end up? Titans?

I'm loving mams effort in defence, puts some absolute shots on

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • westy316
  • TimWhatley
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.