Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

Cobbo juggles but somehow miraculously ends up re-gathering a pass on his try line and streaks away. Reece Walsh comes from the other side of the field to just bring him down 10m short of the Dolphins line. On the next play the Seagulls spin it wide to Pauga and he easily runs around the Dolphins defence to score.

22-12 Seagulls early in the second half.

4-0 to Norths in the game against the Magpies. Piakura just scored his first QCup try.
In your opinion in this game how happy are you that we have played the longer game with cobbo vs Walsh?

In your opinion in this game how happy are you that we have played the longer game with cobbo vs Walsh?
They should have kept both with Walsh playing fullback and Cobbo playing in the centres. I think it came down more to Walsh and Piakura and I would have backed the fullback since they mature at an earlier age.

However, I've well and truly flogged that dead horse so I won't keep banging on about it.

But between Cobbo and Walsh I'd say right now Cobbo has shown more in QCup but he has had something of a head-start on Reece.

I will say I don't understand why they've got Walsh playing 6. Fuller is a good player but surely you'd want to work on Walsh's positional play. I get the bad feeling Brown is going to try and use him like Ponga.

Seagulls bounce back and score another try. Hoeter came down with a Scarlett misskick, found some space to draw in the fullback before putting in a grubber for Scarlett who is ruled to have grounded it (looked very doubtful).

Seagulls 28-18.

Scarlett has gone off for the Seagulls.

Walsh was being dragged off by his trainer but apparently he shrugged him off and ran back into the line.

Fuller chases down Cullen's banana kick and the Dolphins do incredibly well to put Beehag over in the corner.

Walsh nails it from the sideline.

28-24 Seagulls.

16-10 to the Devils with Piakura bagging an early double. Karmichael Hunt just scored for the Magpies to reduce the margin.

Walsh with a towering bomb and Arthars spills it on his goal-line and Fuller is over. Fuller breaks the tackle of Cobbo and jinks back through a gap. 28-all with the kick coming from the uprights.

Walsh puts up another bomb and Arthars spills it again and the Dolphins are in again! No! Penalty to the Seagulls for offside.

Reece Walsh with a 40/20 to give the Dolphins prime field position late in the game.

28 all with just over 6 remaining.

However then he throws it forward in the ensuing set, the Seagulls survive.

Sam Scarlett scores in the dying minutes to put the Seagulls in front. They had the Dolphins shot for numbers down the Seagulls right-side, but off a second man play, Scarlett played short to Robati who produced another offload which eventually found the hands of Hoeter. Hoeter stepped back on the inside to break clear and he set it up wonderfully for Scarlett to score underneath the posts.

34-28.

Walsh tries to drill it over the sideline from the kick-off but Hoeter takes it cleanly and that's full-time.

Hetherington is just tackling himself to a standstill at Souths. Never going to see his attacking options.

44 again yesterday of 301.

To his credit he did make a line break and score a try but smashing it off your line every set is going to kill him.

Piakura taking sometime to get ISC. Lot of missed tackles against Townsville. Bullemor was sensational- great try that reminded me of his long range efforts from 2019- only played 46 minutes in two stints but no missed tackles- 22 made, a try, and 163m.

Piakura needs to read Ahearn better and stay near him.

Easily best attacking game yesterday but it came off Gamble not Ahearn like I thought it would.

Two tries on the right hand side.
9 runs
98 meters
2 line breaks
3 tackle breaks.

Easily best attacking game yesterday but it came off Gamble not Ahearn like I thought it would.

9 runs
98 meters
2 line breaks
3 tackle breaks.

Impressive stats, how did he go in defense?

9 runs
98 meters
2 line breaks
3 tackle breaks.
Does he have a preferred side?

Hetherington is just tackling himself to a standstill at Souths. Never going to see his attacking options.

44 again yesterday of 301.

To his credit he did make a line break and score a try but smashing it off your line every set is going to kill him.

Hi 1910,
From the titbits of info out there......Milford was less than inspiring yesterday for Souths. Do you have anything further to add that you know of?
Cheers

Hi 1910,
From the titbits of info out there......Milford was less than inspiring yesterday for Souths. Do you have anything further to add that you know of?
Cheers

Just what I said in the other thread, not too much more to add.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Rah88
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.