Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Souths didn't even miss Sailor- massive win.

Townsville is shocking, their goal line defence is missing in action. The all NRL team idea is really working well.

Townsville falling fast.

FIrst try on the back of a penalty Souths get down into good ball- Mozer dummy half 5m out, Shapes to the open but comes back to the blind with the ball in two hands- he has eyes for Hamiliton.

Dummy and go between Polotoni and Hamilton to score. He was getting at Hamilton- the rucks before he wanted him. Mozer locked on to the weakness and worked it the whole set. I like he did it himself and didn't just send Te Kura at him.

Second- 2m out under the posts, Bears only have eyes for Te Kura- Mozer just dummies and dives over under the posts.

Mozer lined up Te Kura twice that set once went out the back and the other went himself. Bears had done their homework they knew he uses Te Kura a lot. They just forgot that Mozer can run too.

Good to hear he getting more comfortable at that level.

Te Kura's time is still down and his involvement. I think he's definitely hit the wall- two stints yesterday of 22 and 12 minutes.

His energy seems down to me and he's certainly not running with the same impact. One run last week, seven yesterday.

Everything is dropping down- might be time for a rest.

Although Jets next week- first v last so he's a chance to run for 340m, throw 12 offloads and make eight-line breaks and still play 25 minutes.

Te Kura's time is still down and his involvement. I think he's definitely hit the wall- two stints yesterday of 22 and 12 minutes.

His energy seems down to me and he's certainly not running with the same impact. One run last week, seven yesterday.

He’s been sick apparently

He has playing through sickness

Petero Civoniceva Medal standings after Round 12​

NameTeamPoints
Trey BrowneCentral Queensland Capras13
Morea MoreaPNG Hunters13
Jacob AlickBurleigh Bears10
Lachlan HubnerCentral Queensland Capras10
Tristan SailorSouths Logan Magpies10
Tyson SmoothyWynnum Manly Seagulls10
Trai FullerRedcliffe Dolphins9
Guy HamiltonBurleigh Bears9
Cody HunterRedcliffe Dolphins9
Blake MozerSouths Logan Magpies9
Josh RogersWynnum Manly Seagulls9

Petero Civoniceva Medal standings after Round 12​

NameTeamPoints
Trey BrowneCentral Queensland Capras13
Morea MoreaPNG Hunters13
Jacob AlickBurleigh Bears10
Lachlan HubnerCentral Queensland Capras10
Tristan SailorSouths Logan Magpies10
Tyson SmoothyWynnum Manly Seagulls10
Trai FullerRedcliffe Dolphins9
Guy HamiltonBurleigh Bears9
Cody HunterRedcliffe Dolphins9
Blake MozerSouths Logan Magpies9
Josh RogersWynnum Manly Seagulls9

Good to see a few Broncos on there.

It's the last month that's seen them all move up. Rogers carrying Wynnum without NRL players, Smoothy's attack starting to move Wynnum around, Mozer's attack is taking shape.

A month ago, Mozer was on two votes.

Sounds like they are building into their seasons well then.

Do you think Rogers could be the sort of guy that could come into the NRL at a later age and do well? Potentially replacing Reynolds at some stage?

I know obviously stats don't ever tell the full story but since I didn't see this game, this makes for good reading from the Broncos website:

"At Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast, Souths Logan moved to the top of the table with a 36-22 win over former front-runners Burleigh with emerging No.9 Mozer showing great signs.

Mozer scored the first two tries in the first 11 minutes – the second when he linked up with his big Bronco mate Ben Te Kura, only to throw a dummy and go himself to score his fifth try in 11 games in the season.

Mozer finished with two line breaks, one line break assist and a try assist, as well as his own four tackle breaks and 26 tackles."

Jensen supposed to be playing for Wynnum in Mackay today.

I know obviously stats don't ever tell the full story but since I didn't see this game, this makes for good reading from the Broncos website:

"At Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast, Souths Logan moved to the top of the table with a 36-22 win over former front-runners Burleigh with emerging No.9 Mozer showing great signs.

Mozer scored the first two tries in the first 11 minutes – the second when he linked up with his big Bronco mate Ben Te Kura, only to throw a dummy and go himself to score his fifth try in 11 games in the season.

Mozer finished with two line breaks, one line break assist and a try assist, as well as his own four tackle breaks and 26 tackles."

The first try was more impressive because he was working for it the whole set. He moved them around until he got to the tackle and spot and never took his eyes off Hamilton.

Willison held up by four Bears.

Norths are going to get stung by a hurt Bears.

Madden nice straight engaging run that takes a few Bears to close down and that means next ruck Ahearn can slice over on 45 degree angle from the play the ball.

Madden and Ahearn again for Reuben to score on the right, good chain of passes.

Willison great run in the middle, they all come in to stop him and he drives forward and Norths score down the right wing next ruck.

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • MasterWright
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.