Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Good hands from Mozer early in the set and he's rewarded later on with a try.

Reimis Smith down injured, game on.

26-30 with 4 to go.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That try but not a try but is a try is the difference here.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Shouldve been a penalty to Mozer on that last play, they just held on so long

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Campagnolo goes cut-out, Smith tries his best but Reimis Smith pushes him and Smith's foot grazes the touchline and he doesn't get it down regardless.

Hold the phone! Mozer strip. Last play, Souths try to go down the right corner, but Lehman picks the intercept and scores for the Tigers.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Great effort by Souths to get back but they fall short. The reality is though, some massive clutch plays in the back end by Mozer, he is going to be exciting in first grade next year.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
That's the most Souths thing I have seen- clever one on one steal- throw an interception and Tigers go 80m.

Hunt needs to teach them tempo. Horrible team performance.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That's the most Souths thing I have seen- clever one on one steal- throw an interception and Tigers go 80m.

Hunt needs to teach them tempo. Horrible team performance.

Yep on the last play of the game with no time on the clock, you definitely want to be playing tempo and not going all or nothing.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yep on the last play of the game with no time on the clock, you definitely want to be playing tempo and not going all or nothing.

If the game went for five seconds that would be a valid point- or up 10-0 in a final you don't throw intercepts, throw three balls over the sideline, drop kicks and let them score four tries in 20 minutes get sent to the sin bin and not take advantage of the Tigers 12 penalties.

But sure, just the last seconds control count.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'd imagine he's talking about that 40-70 minute period where they were as erratic as anything.

When they actually played structured footy they were rolling through the Tigers.

Admittedly I think the Tigers went off the boil when Paix went off. It was like Origin I all over again. It doesn't matter if they're a man down, the only thing that matters is who has the footy.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Maroon4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KickHaas
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • thenry
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosMan
  • Big Del
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.