Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Cruise Ten under the posts, Luke, offloads and through the middle.

Great finals try- hard and straight.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Seagulls' #17 reminds me of these:

11121_1925260385b1a82d4f0941.jpg

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Great try from Wynnum, penalty wasn't needed, and Souths got what they deserve.

Souths just keep doing the hard work to then do something silly.

Wynnum score the first two tries in five minutes. You fight back and score in the 11th and then every fight back you let them score just after.

Souths- 29th
Wynnum-33
Souths-48
Wynnum-55

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
What a pass!

Souths score which means Wynnum is four minutes away from a try.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Should have gone for the Field goal- silly from Souths- make a mistake and Wynnum score.

Souths kill me.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Magpies have bombed a couple of tries on their right hand side today, passing to Leota who kept cutting back in...either the centre should have held it and gone himself and/or Leota should have pinned his ears back and gone for the corner.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Results like that rub you the wrong way. South’s got fucked by the Bronx this week.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
You obviously didn't watch them play last week with the Broncos players.

Both sides were missing Broncos today.
Yes but the season reasonably shouldn't come down to that. It has and Souths can't do anything about it but Souths had the far better season so when you take out the 2 teams Broncos players and the side that would likely not have won had they not have been rested wins it rubs me the wrong way. The less deserving club this season went through as a result of what the Bronx decided to do. I don't get what you are arguing with for the sake of arguing. Put plain and simple it rubs me the wrong way. You are arguing with an emotion it gives me?

Not to mention your argument sucks Wynnum won in Golden point to the Pride (7th) and Souths lost to Tigers (3rd) with their best player out. Not at all reflective of Wynnum being in good enough form with Broncos players to conjure up the favourites tag had all the players been there.

Just calling it how it is when the team that came second loses to the team that comes 6th in finals when the broncos players get taken out wins you can't not feel that souths were fucked by the resting whilst Wynnum were significant beneficiaries.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yes but the season reasonably shouldn't come down to that. It has and Souths can't do anything about it but Souths had the far better season so when you take out the 2 teams Broncos players and the side that would likely not have won had they not have been rested wins it rubs me the wrong way. The less deserving club this season went through as a result of what the Bronx decided to do. I don't get what you are arguing with for the sake of arguing. Put plain and simple it rubs me the wrong way. You are arguing with an emotion it gives me?

Not to mention your argument sucks Wynnum won in Golden point to the Pride (7th) and Souths lost to Tigers (3rd) with their best player out. Not at all reflective of Wynnum being in good enough form with Broncos players to conjure up the favourites tag had all the players been there.

Just calling it how it is when the team that came second loses to the team that comes 6th in finals when the broncos players get taken out wins you can't not feel that souths were fucked by the resting whilst Wynnum were significant beneficiaries.

Souths still had Te Kura and Leota today- two more Broncos than Wynnum had in their side.

To just say Souths lost because of no Broncos is way too easy and ignorant and ignores the two simple tries in the first five minutes, the not going for the field goal from right in front and simple errors that have plagued them the last month and the fact that they've lost four of their last five.

They could have easily won today or last week.

Souths won two more games than Wynnum hardly much better season.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'd love to know whether the Clydesdales played that weekend when the Baby Broncos played the Tigers. Who did they trot out? The groundskeepers?

It's an issue and does make a farce out of the finals series. Still, the Magpies had an opportunity to avoid this situation and they blew it.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Souths still had Te Kura and Leota today- two more Broncos than Wynnum had in their side.

To just say Souths lost because of no Broncos is way too easy and ignorant and ignores the two simple tries in the first five minutes, the not going for the field goal from right in front and simple errors that have plagued them the last month and the fact that they've lost four of their last five.

They could have easily won today or last week.

Souths won two more games than Wynnum hardly much better season.
Te Kura fine best argument you have pulled out but we all know a 19 year old prop ain’t changing thee result of shit. Leota is a laughable argument and even you know you were reaching there.

I don’t think you are quite understanding where I am coming from…

**** what happened today it’s irrelevant to my point the matter of the fact is South’s have worked there ass off to be in the position they have been in (would of been favourites this game, 2nd on the ladder, playing in a second chance game) for that to be completely taken away by stripping their team back to a side that is not representative of their season or Wynnums season.

Look it would have been rough on either side had they lost but at the end of the day they are definitely a better side than Wynnum full strength. Not to mention Wynnum got a handout mid season with the best Halfback in the comp and a great young forward in Willison who let’s be real without him they wouldn’t have even been playing today. Despite this South’s were still a better side this season. So as a result when you get to this game and South’s are heading home by the performance of their b team it rubs me the wrong way. South’s had a season that was deserving of more than that. Wynnum I don’t feel were at all in comparison. Hence rubbing me the wrong way.

Put simply Wynnum wasn’t deserving of the game being played under those terms. They got lucky and South’s got very unlucky. That’s usually how getting rubbed the wrong way works.

It is also easy to say they should have avoided it but at the end of the day coming second means you have wiggle room for error in the finals series and whilst they did just that by getting a second chance it wasn’t much of a second chance.

100% Wynnum won fair and square today but they weren’t deserving of the position they went into the game with over South’s. You earn that and they didn’t earn it they got handed it by unfortunate circumstances.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • sooticus
  • Seibs
  • Galah
  • LittleDavey
  • Rambstien
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • whykickamoocow
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.