Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2023

Mariner tries.

6th minute- On the back of a Jets error, Wynnum set for the scrum go far right come back far left with some stuffing around in the middle- just strip Jets of numbers- Mariner runs a few meters puts the ball down. Nothing special but he stayed out and kept his width.

24th minute-Wynnum work down field and come the short side, Mariner cuts back inside off his left foot with beautiful footwork and scores going past about four Jets who have no idea what just happened. Great footwork and exposing poor defence back inside.

55th minute-Scrum 15m out- Mariner first receiver for some reason but good to see-beats three Jets to score.

64th minute- Rogers throws a beautiful pass and Mariner lets the ball beat the man and and come to the outside of his defender to score. Renouf/Kevvie like.

How's he going?

Hard to tell against this Jets- but he was involved got some runs and played two stints.

Probably all you could hope for.

He was never playing NRL- he was told he was coming back through Cup.

He was never playing NRL- he was told he was coming back through Cup.
Probably the best way to do it but I can't remember the last time it actually happened.

How is Rogers going? He seems like a real halfback.

Probably the best way to do it but I can't remember the last time it actually happened.

How is Rogers going? He seems like a real halfback.

Sitting back riding it- Just gets to calmly do whatever he wants. Kicking beautifully and passing like a star.

Wynnum have now scored 72 points in three games, and he's scored 42.

Harder to tell than I thought.

Hetherington- 181m and 25 tackles 68 minutes. Hard to pick the metres but Wynnum ran riot so I guess that fits.

Wynnum will be happy with that loaner for the day.

Piakura didn't miss a tackle for the first time in 24 Cup games. 80 minutes three weeks in a row and three tries in three games and they've all been good tries, two he had to fight to get the ball down and one great hole running.

Is that light at the end of the tunnel?

Piakura didn't miss a tackle for the first time in 24 Cup games. 80 minutes three weeks in a row and three tries in three games and they've all been good tries, two he had to fight to get the ball down and one great hole running.

Has he been playing left side as well??

Harder to tell than I thought.

Hetherington- 181m and 25 tackles 68 minutes. Hard to pick the metres but Wynnum ran riot so I guess that fits.

Wynnum will be happy with that loaner for the day.

So you reckon Hetherington is ready to come back to first grade?

How does he stack up against other qcup second rowers?

So you reckon Hetherington is ready to come back to first grade?

Hetherington is one of those rare footballers that's just always ready. He'd find a way to be around the ball and scraping away no matter what. He could have played on Friday night no worries but plan was Cup they went to a lot of effort to get him a run yesterday.

How does he stack up against other qcup second rowers?

When he gets it right he's way up there but unfortunately, it's the getting it all together that has proven hard.

Consistent and knowing your craft he's probably behind some guys but he's starting to move forward.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mustafur
  • Stix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.