Queensland team of the decade

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
The Queensland team of the decade is apparently being named on Channel 9 News tonight. I don't think it's an official QRL thing or not, but what would your team be? From 2001-2010.

1. Billy Slater
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Greg Inglis
4. Brent Tate
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer (C)
7. Johnathon Thurston
8. Steve Price
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Michael Crocker
12. Nate Myles
13. Dallas Johnson
---------------------------------
14. Shaun Berrigan
15. Shane Webcke
16. Gorden Tallis
17. Sam Thaiday

+1. I looked at Lote Tuqiri there for a while but thought back to all the wingers QLD have used in the past decade and none stand out above Tuqiri, even though he only played 2 series.

Maybe Matt Sing?

I would have had Webcke starting, possibly Hodges in their with Tate on the wing

Foordy said:
I would have had Webcke starting, possibly Hodges in their with Tate on the wing

Possibly what will happen, though I have no idea how Hodges gets mentioned as a great Origin player. He's done SFA in Origin.

Side looks great. Sing wouldn't look out of place on it as well, loved that guy.

Coxy said:
+1. I looked at Lote Tuqiri there for a while but thought back to all the wingers QLD have used in the past decade and none stand out above Tuqiri, even though he only played 2 series.

Maybe Matt Sing?

I had to think pretty hard about the wingers. As much as I love Matty Sing and reckon he is on the wing for QLD's best ever team, I think Tuqiri did more this decade despite only playing 2 series. Unfortunately for Matty Sing his best years were behind him in the 2004-2005 series, but was probably QLD's best in the 2003 series I will say. But that was one good series he had, and Tuqiri had 2 outstanding series in 2001-2002 so that's why I gave him the nod.

With regards to Webcke, I absolutely love him. He's the best prop I have ever seen, but you can't deny Pricey and Petero have been just outstanding for Queensland this decade, especially since the 2006 series. That's why I put Webcke on the bench.

Can't argue with any of your reasoning mate.

Just thinking about the prospect of that side all running on together is jaw dropping, that side there is a world beater, seriously

Coxy said:
Foordy said:

Possibly what will happen, though I have no idea how Hodges gets mentioned as a great Origin player. He's done SFA in Origin.

Oh please...Hodges has the greatest memory of the entire decade to his credit. He called for the, "up and under". icon_thumbs_u

Pretty sure Lockyer called for that actually, judging from the pre-game highlights before game 1 this year.

I would replace Shaun Berrigan for Paul Bowman. No disrespect to Berrigan - I just think the determination Bowman showed is worthy of a mention.

Here's the team that was named.

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Sing
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathon Thurston
8. Steve Price
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Gorden Tallis
12. Michael Crocker
13. Dallas Johnson
----------------------------
14. Sam Thaiday
15. Shaun Berrigan
16. Nate Myles
17. Shane Webcke

I went pretty close, got all bar two players as they went Sing over Tuqiri, which I can understand. As much as I love Hodges I just can't have him there though, and honestly Brent Tate's performances for Queensland in the centres are so under-rated.

I still like the make-up of my team better :mrgreen:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Rambstien
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • Brotherdu
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.