Raiders Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
markmac said:
1. Did anyone see Teo have a good chat and a laugh with one of the Raiders at the end of the game? Made my blood boil.

2. p.s. I feel for henjak, the poor bastard looked like he was about to cry.

1. At least Teo had fun - I've stood up for Teo, but that was infuriating - why not talk to the teammates you let down (though I am not blaming him solely - the team tonight played the worst performance I have ever seen - and I watched us play the sharks earlier this year)

2. So do I, he obviously came in at the wrong time, I have no doubt he is talented - he was a junior coach for us for years, but clearly he does not have what it takes to motivate the players, as such, he should step aside.

I also agree that the match payments of the players should be returned to the club - i would add though that the payments should be pooled and the equally distributed to all the Broncos season members

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm assuming Teo was talking to Bronson Harrison, his ex-teammate.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Henjak looked disgusted tonight, i hope he reacts by taking the axe to several players

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Fozz said:
I'm assuming Teo was talking to Bronson Harrison, his ex-teammate.

I'd rather he talk to current teammates, rather then ex-teammates, otherwise he'll be an ex-bronco, though the way we're going - half his luck

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Foordy said:
i'll be at the game next week, i love this club so much and as hard as it has been to watch them recently, i just can't bring myself to miss a game

just remember to bring a bucket and a poncho [eusa_doh

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
The report from the guys who were working at the game.

1. The broncos werent interested at all
2. Saw an awesome sign which read "Only soft Hunts go to AFL" apparently people were queueing up for a photo.
3. It wasnt that cold down here so cant use that as an excuse.

2009 is Gone time to blood some young guys.

K

kelsey tisdale

U18 Player
Aug 16, 2008
Well, what can be said that hasn't been said before, if the loss to Souths was the lowpoint in franchise history then tonite's performance has taken over that title. Thank god they weren't playing a quality side or the margin would've been a 100 and that is no exaggeration. Locky and Tunza are the only ones who can hold their heads high, they did all they could and on another positive note, Henjak made his first smart move all season by yanking Micheals, let's hope it's a permanent one.
As a Broncos fan u learn to never give up hope but I lost all faith after that forementioned Souths hiding and they will struggle to win another game this year and I know I sound like a broken record but massive changes have to be made starting with the admin down and it has to be done starting tonite, the players are just not responding and as for the terrible players which make up half our roster, their contracts need to be torn up and thrown in the bin, a total rebuild has to start immediately and it may mean a couple lean seasons in the future but so be it, the current mgmt and system is simply not even coming close to working.
As Bronco fans we deserve better, this is the only team in a city of 1.7 million and to see a player who has absolutely no pride in wearing a legendary jumper, we don't need those guys around and the place needs a total overhaul. Long gone are the days when we used to hand out the shellackings and when u look at our coaching and player personnel, it's not hard to figure out why. Changes need to made NOW.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Crazy Sam said:
hope they get 60...

I was too. We need to completely bottom out before we can rebuild. I doubt it can get any worse than that. I saw Eastern Suburbs belt Western Suburbs something like 60-4 in the late 90s and I remember sitting there thinking how utterly hopeless the Magpies played that day. Tonight's performance was so much worse than the Magpies shockers of the late 90s.

Undoubtedly the most pathetic performance from any first grade side since... well I can't ever remember a team playing so awful.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Quite seriously, given the club just sent out requests to renew memberships, they need to answer one question. Why should your fans care enough to fork out money they work for, and give up their time to attend and support their games, if you as players couldn't give a stiff shit about the jersey you wear, what it represents, and the millions of people whose weekends are made or broken by their performance?

Why?

Frankly, they should pay us.

T

titan4wests

BRL Player
Jun 12, 2008
Coxy said:
Quite seriously, given the club just sent out requests to renew memberships, they need to answer one question. Why should your fans care enough to fork out money they work for, and give up their time to attend and support their games, if you as players couldn't give a stiff shit about the jersey you wear, what it represents, and the millions of people whose weekends are made or broken by their performance?

Why?

Frankly, they should pay us.

+1

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Spot on Coxy, FFS fans can stand losing, they can even stand the odd pisspoor display like today, but the frequency this has been happening this year has become more then a joke, I won't be renewing my membership for next year, I can't bring myself to, instead I will go to games next year when and only when the Broncos show they are a Rugby League side, if they show that then I will renew. I love supporting the Broncos, but the fans deserve better then the horse turds we have been dished out week in and week out, its time for Cullen and Henjak to give the fans SOMETHING to cheer.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Pretty much what everyone else has said is true.
D.I.S.G.R.A.C.E.F.U.L
That's one word which describes this current team.

**** off Hunt, Do not re-sign for 2 years Lockyer. KTHX.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
D.I.S.G.R.A.C.E.F.U.L

Locky at least put in. He ran the ball, even made a break or two, no support.

I feel conflicted. I want to protest by not renewing, but i don't want to be a fair weather fan. Other clubs have gone through slumps like this and their fans desert them only to return when the going gets good. Souths, dragons and bulldogs spring to mind.

I'm better than that. But seriously, why should i? Other than making a point, why should i?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:
D.I.S.G.R.A.C.E.F.U.L

Locky at least put in. He ran the ball, even made a break or two, no support.

I feel conflicted. I want to protest by not renewing, but i don't want to be a fair weather fan. Other clubs have gone through slumps like this and their fans desert them only to return when the going gets good. Souths, dragons and bulldogs spring to mind.

I'm better than that. But seriously, why should i? Other than making a point, why should i?

same here coxy... we have been lucky to be Broncos fans over the years... i was planning to upgrade my membership from the diehard member, but now i have decided to just keep the same seat.

L

levikade

NYC Player
Mar 14, 2008
vinyl said:
Good luck to the cowboys and titans, hope one of you can bring the NRL trophy north of the border.
amen to that.

never in my time as a broncos supporter have i been so disappointed

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Go you mighty RAIDERS go!

This is the beginning of the resurgence - the start of a return to the glory days of 1989-1994. About bloody time too. I will probably watch the replay - must have been the best performance by my 2nd team in years, it's just a pity it was against my 1st team :(

As for the once proud Broncs, I could see it happening from the moment Bennett was run out of town by the constant detractors. Bennett was the heart and soul of the Broncos. With him went the winning culture of the club. Broncos fans deserve better, from the moment our club was born we knew that unlike the fans of other clubs it was our birthright to enjoy our team hand out thrashings not take them, and always win more than they lost in a season. This season goes against the very order of things, black has become white and up has become down. It is just utterly wrong. If you support sides like Souths you deserve this crap, but not if you support the Broncos.

Agree with all the previous comments about imposters in Broncos jerseys crapping all over the club's pride and tradition, sack Bruno, sack Henjak etc. There's only one solution - drag Wayne Bennett the hell back to Brisbane. Oh, does anyone know where his team is positioned right now by any chance?

EDIT: At least my sig reminded me of something when I posted. STATE OF ORIGIN saved this season, and is still something to be happy about. The one bright spot in it, apart from maybe the imminent resurgence of the RAIDERS.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Geez. I am actually watching this game for the first time as we speak. I know the end result, but this is something I just have to see. It's nearly half time now and we have had multiple opportunities down their end and have come up with nothing.

I am seeing effort from Lockyer and maybe Hodges, and nobody else. And so far it's only 12-nil [icon_frown

I will answer this question for myself after the game has finished, but I would like to know that if this game was at Suncorp Stadium, would you have booed the Broncos off the field?

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  • scobie
  • phoenix
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manlyman
  • Johnny92
  • Gympie devil
  • Slippin Jimmy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.