Rd25, Broncos vs Cowboys - Build up thread

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I've been wanting Folau to go to centres all season... he should of been there and Micheals should of been dropped well before he did. I reckon he'll make the adjustment easy, can't wait to see how he goes.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
I've been wanting Folau to go to centres all season... he should of been there and Micheals should of been dropped well before he did. I reckon he'll make the adjustment easy, can't wait to see how he goes.

Should HAVE. For ****'s sake!

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
No way should they be dropping carroll! 25 mins out of him is better quality than 25 minutes from a few other blokes we have. We should be sending TC out on the note he should have had last year - a premiership ring!!!

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
Fire up people! where gonna win the comp!

Can beat every team in the top 8, putting a few wins together, getting players back at the right time, combinations all starting to click.

Have beaten the Dragons this year, put it to the dogs for 60 mins and looked awesome during that game, have beaten melbourne with a stronger team than they have now, can beat titans, manly, parra, newcastle on our day!

This is our year people, get excited!!!

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Should HAVE. For ****'s sake!

THANK you.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Beale said:
No way should they be dropping carroll! 25 mins out of him is better quality than 25 minutes from a few other blokes we have. We should be sending TC out on the note he should have had last year - a premiership ring!!!

Look, the blokes is a legend and he has been great help over the past 8 weeks or so. But he has also shown in that time that the game is too fast for him at the moment. Take a look at the Luke Walsh try when we played Penrith. I just think other blokes in the squad are going just as good if not better, and they will be there in the long-run as well.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Agree. TC did a good job when we needed some experience to try and dig us out of the hole we were in. Now is the time to say thanks and go back to real estate buddy, time for our future players to get onto the momentum we've got going.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Regardless of what happens with the extended bench, we're going to tear the Cows a new one this weekend. We'll win by 30, beat the Raiders by 57, and the other teams will be faltering during this time. We'll finish fourth, dispose of the Storm at home in week one and go from there...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
finally some positive thoughts . Broncos ftw ! I am certainly predicting a massive win in the final round . Payback

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
I'm undecided on Carroll. I totally agree with people that say he is too slow. But he is still a valuable contributor in attack and defense, he stiffens adds some much-needed starch to our forward pack. But all that aside, the reason I am questioning dropping him coming into the finals is the experience, toughness and cool head he would bring to the team in a big game... Thoughts?

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
If we're the big brother, I want to see us be the cruel big step brother this weekend. I want to see our stupid kid sibling beaten, crying and snotty-nosed in the corner of his room, too scared to run and cry to mummy because he knows if he does, the next beating will be worse. I want to see us make fun of his big ears (Thurston), his fat gut (Webb), his silly red hair and freckles (Watts/Southern), the fact he has no friends (O'Donnell) and his general gangly uncoordination (the entire NQL forward pack). I want us to set his hair on fire while he's asleep and deliberately break his favourite toys. Bully the Cows, make them not want to play any more.

Then after the game, we can make up and be mates again, in the face of the other kids from up and down the road, until next time.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
uji said:
I'm undecided on Carroll. I totally agree with people that say he is too slow. But he is still a valuable contributor in attack and defense, he stiffens adds some much-needed starch to our forward pack. But all that aside, the reason I am questioning dropping him coming into the finals is the experience, toughness and cool head he would bring to the team in a big game... Thoughts?

But giving one of your 'long term' young guns a go in last two rounds then the final series will do wonders and the Broncos will benefit in the long run.

For e.g. If we use TC and we make the finals and we bow out with pride in a great game against better opposition - we wouldn't have made much ground with TC being there IMO.

The only outcome is if we win the title maybe its worth it - but even then I'm still with giving a young one a go.

F

forward_pass

QCup Player
Mar 12, 2008
If you were on an Operating Table and the Doctor said, "do you mind if I give the young bloke a GO?", wonder what will go through your mind.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
forward_pass said:
If you were on an Operating Table and the Doctor said, "do you mind if I give the young bloke a GO?", wonder what will go through your mind.

Out of context IMO. Giving someone like Setu, Teo or Maguire finals experience could be of monumental importance in 2010. (Big matches, must win games, tight games, adversity etc etc)

Don't discount the fact TC was retired and his sole job this year was to fill in during injuries.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lockyer47 said:
forward_pass said:

Out of context IMO. Giving someone like Setu, Teo or Maguire finals experience could be of monumental importance in 2010. (Big matches, must win games, tight games, adversity etc etc)

Don't discount the fact TC was retired and his sole job this year was to fill in during injuries.

Imagine how pissed TC would be if he got dropped after he has come out of retirement and helped the club out. The club is now staring down the barrel of another final series and you want to drop one of the few experienced forwards we have..

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Skyblues87
  • Rowdy124
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • barker
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ozzball
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.