Reasons for the exodus

Frank the Tank said:
**Edited for the 3rd time by The Rock***
Therefore, banned.

Can you un-ban Stu for me? I only ask so I can maybe remote desktop to an admin computer and press the "BAN" button myself [icon_evillaugh

And to stay on topic.....

I think this "exodus" of players was coming for a while. It's the same old Broncos problem. We are too good at bringing young guy through. Until the NRL bring in some sort of Salary compensation for developing players, this will happen every few years.

Jeza23 said:
Ennis even said so when I spoke to him at Cronulla! [icon_wink

No wonder they are getting rid of Ennis.

He is telling people what is happening behind closed doors.

Ennis is probably everyone's source. [icon_lol1.

Stagg should hopefully do a TC and come back after a few years and play out his career at the broncs.

Heard Bruno on the radio tonight saying that Staggy will be a Bronco next year, having taken up the option in his contract.

I'm actually hoping Stagg leaves as well, if the other 8 leave. :oops:

I don't think he's good enough anymore. He is a good worker, but he offers nothing in attack and his tackling technique just doesn't hurt the opposition or even takes any energy out of them at all and makes him miss more tackles than he should.

Yeah the news on Staggy leaving was up in the air, he was going then he was staying and then in the end staying here won out and he took up the option. But then again until we hear David say he staying.....

Also I know certain players have been told that there futures cannot be secured after next year, which will be when Izzys contract starts paying him big money, remember hes on a staggered payout, he might be on x amount of $ over so many years but its an increasing amount every year. And yes the players are being forced buy the "Folau fallout" and not because of Bennet leaving.

Also don't be surprised if you hear a big name Bronco in the near future leaving for more money, I know thats vague but until I hear more I'll leave it at that.

I am not upset about any of these ones leaving except Hannant because we may lack forward toil next year without him. The others are good players but replaceable, the quantity leaving is the concern here not the quality. It is all a matter of the kids coming through being decent enough to handle such a jump so quickly. I really hope the Ballin rumours are true as well as I think he would be a very smart buy for us.

Aeetee said:
Yeah the news on Staggy leaving was up in the air, he was going then he was staying and then in the end staying here won out and he took up the option. But then again until we hear David say he staying.....

Also I know certain players have been told that there futures cannot be secured after next year, which will be when Izzys contract starts paying him big money, remember hes on a staggered payout, he might be on x amount of $ over so many years but its an increasing amount every year. And yes the players are being forced buy the "Folau fallout" and not because of Bennet leaving.

Also don't be surprised if you hear a big name Bronco in the near future leaving for more money, I know thats vague but until I hear more I'll leave it at that.

The only big name Broncos we have left are Hunt, Hodges and Lockyer. I'd expect Lockyer to leave/retire, and Hodges is secure for another 2 years or so. I'd be devastated if Hunt left. More so than pretty much any other player in the side. Hopefully it's not Hunt though.

Put it this way
1. Hunt
3. Hodges
4. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. PJ/Ennis (unlikely)

Fill the gaps. Whatever.

Clinton. Earn it.

Plus I think it will be another 20 years before we enjoy another period of success that we have enjoyed for the past 20. No biggie and I think the culture is solid enough to weather the storm and the fact that some Sydney clubs have not won a premiership for the entire period that the Broncos have been in existance makes me feel good:

St George
Cronulla
South Sydney
Parramatta

I have nothing against the Henjak signing really, but as a coach I would question whether he adds to the amount being offered to anybody when negotiating their contract. Bennett does, it has been proven over the years. Bellamy now does, surely this cannot be questioned.

With the Sydney clubs doing it tough, and our strong financial position I still cannot fathom why we just didn't pay whatever it took to sign Bellamy.

Reasons for the exodus is the thread title ... would love to be God and know if anything changes with Bellamy at the helm in 09 and beyond.

Hannant is a huge loss. I can live with the rest while undecided on Ennis.

Oink !

Just imagine if we did manage to get Bellamy as coach. Yes it would be good having the best coach in the world ATM and all but he probly would of brought over some big names like Inglis which means we would have lost tones more players.

Alec said:
Aeetee said:

The only big name Broncos we have left are Hunt, Hodges and Lockyer. I'd expect Lockyer to leave/retire, and Hodges is secure for another 2 years or so. I'd be devastated if Hunt left. More so than pretty much any other player in the side. Hopefully it's not Hunt though.

Try Wallace

Alec said:
Aeetee said:

I doubt it would be Hunt or Hodges, I am under the impression that they had massive pay upgrades which is part of the reason we are having so much salary cap pressure.

Does that mean they have tested the market and didn't get an offer good enough to leave?

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Tim K
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Astro
  • Morkel
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • LittleDavey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • phoenix
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.