Rebuilding the Broncos

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Mate injuries aside it has been his own fault he hasnt had anything to work with. He is on the record as saying we dont need to go buy players from outside the club.

In all fairness when he said no one would have thought we needed any knew players. We had been cruising along in the top 4, Norman looked like a fucking superstar. We hit what looked like a slump after origin and it took for the dust to settle to realise it wasn't a slump, most the spine had just ridiculously over performed.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Has he said that recently though? During the season, I can see why he would say that. Off season is another matter entirely of course.

Yeah...agree with you there Harry. Been seeing this comment written a bit lately......ie: Griffin not wanting to buy outside the club.

I believe he said that during the season. What else is he expected to say? "Yeah mate, the current squad is shit......we're going to have to sack a few players and buy some outside talent"

That'd be great for team morale during the season wouldn't it......

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Hook has done a good job, there I said it, with what he's had. With the squad we look like using next year, if we are not in the mid to high 8 then we need to look elsewhere but for now, I have a lot of faith in him.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Hook has done a good job, there I said it, with what he's had. With the squad we look like using next year, if we are not in the mid to high 8 then we need to look elsewhere but for now, I have a lot of faith in him.

You are taking the piss, right?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Nope. Feel free to laugh at me halfway through next season.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
You can have FaithInHook but he simply hasn't done a good job this year, we finished 13th. I still think he deserves another shot though.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
So if Maguire is so highly rated what about toovey ?

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Toovey is probably a **** coach... but the players are too scared to lose for fear of the spray he'll give them !

Haha no doubt, hes been spraying the box and they have been in front for the last half an hour.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, despite Hunt showing some promise in a few games late in the season, DCE is just so much better that I wouldn't even feel as guilty about the Broncos screwing Hunt over again.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Maybe turning Hunt into a backup hooker was an act of pure visionary intellect from Griffin. He always knew our future halves pairing was Milford and DCE with Hunt at 14.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe turning Hunt into a backup hooker was an act of pure visionary intellect from Griffin. He always knew our future halves pairing was Milford and DCE with Hunt at 14.

We don't need Milford.

All we need is DCE - and Hook being forced to watch how Manly played last night (in the 2nd half) until he is brainwashed into realizing that keeping the ball alive is what wins matches, and support play is the single, simple key to that. THAT is how you play football and not footbrawl (Roosters, Souths and the rest)

The Manly support play not only extends to attack but also defence. Rock solid up the middle. What a model team (even though I hate Manly for other totally irrational, and a few rational reasons).

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncs30
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • Dexter
  • Waynesaurus
  • barker
  • Galah
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncs1459
  • Nerd
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Maroon4life
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.