Redcliffe trial v Sharks

Soon to be 30-12 to the Broncos. Soft try by Ofa.

LOL, hahahaha I thought that's where I was, couldn't figure out why it was so quiet - OOPS :)

Forwards take a bow. Loved how hard we ran and the hitting!!!!

Yeah! The guy has obviously had too much pudding!
Fifita, Gallen, Maloney etc spent the vast majority of the game on the sidelines. we played Hunt for majority of the game, as well as our main forwards in Glenn, TPJ, Ofa, Ese'ese and Sims.

Tell me again how we are going to get towelled and these young forwards aren't up to it?
Trial mate.

They played well. Actually scratch that. They were outstanding.

Whether they do that week to week remains to be seen.

Only caught the second half....but:

0ZMqvT_tIdpUxamlHBAYMaLUVJU5pLveyJhtQ2ylSHg.jpg

Fifita, Gallen, Maloney etc spent the vast majority of the game on the sidelines. we played Hunt for majority of the game, as well as our main forwards in Glenn, TPJ, Ofa, Ese'ese and Sims.

Our main forwards? you mean blair , McGuire & Gillett!

Brisbane Broncos 30 defeat Cronulla Sharks 12

Considering the technical issues, it's difficult to read too much into the performance other than it was a solid first hit-out for the Broncos.

They played as you'd expect a Broncos side would. Nothing fancy with the football, just get to your kick, turn the heat on the opposition and capitilise on the errors & penalties that come your way. For this format it works and some of the Broncos most promising juniors got to build a nice case for themselves.

Pangai Jr dazzled the Sharks defence with his foot-work, Arrow fought in every single involvement, Ese'ese proved a handful, Sims made some big tackles and Fai was surprisingly elusive. If the Broncos are going to pose a threat, it's these names that have to step up and assist the likes of Gillett, Blair and McGuire in the middle.

The rest of the team played well without being spectacular. With so many creative players and finishers out, it was no surprise to see them struggle. It's an interesting dilemna the Broncos face and their lack of backline talent could prove an achillies heel come the business end.

Gallen spent all of his time on the sideline cause he didn't play! Feeter played fairly big minutes.

The rest of the team played well without being spectacular. With so many creative players and finishers out, it was no surprise to see them struggle. It's an interesting dilemna the Broncos face and their lack of backline talent could prove an achillies heel come the business end.

If Boyd, Kahu, Roberts, Mead and Oates are all out injured or suspended you mean? Because I don't think we lack in backline talent at all, compared to ANY club.

If any NRL club lost it's entire back 5 they will be doing it tough. We are no exception and this year better off than most, given we still have Opacic to come back too.

And thanks to the Brisbane Broncos for the magificent job live streaming this event. Next time give me a call and I will use my iPhone and the Periscope app and do a better job for free...

Active Now

• Xzei
  • BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • bert_lifts
  • MrMoore
  • davidp
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Hoof Hearted
  • mieko
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • heartly87
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.