NEWS Reece Walsh sells his soul to Warriors. No big deal.

If Walsh was being honest he admit the Warriors made a better offer and leave it at that.

This nonsense about it being his dream and wishing to be a Bronco only to leave because Kev thought he should play QCup first (which the Warriors made him do as well...) is just disingenous.

It's the same issue as the Tom Dearden story.

If Walsh was being honest he admit the Warriors made a better offer and leave it at that.

This nonsense about it being his dream and wishing to be a Bronco only to leave because Kev thought he should play QCup first (which the Warriors made him do as well...) is just disingenous.

Thank you, literally what I have been trying to say and as usual you put it so much better.

It's not quite the same. Dearden had his chance, wasn't able to cement his spot and has gone to be back up to Chad.

Nothing disingenuous about saying he wanted to be a Bronco growing up, but the Warriors made a better offer - I think he has admitted as much. Broncos had certain plans for him, and the Warriors had an alternative, which he preferred.

It's not quite the same. Dearden had his chance, wasn't able to cement his spot and has gone to be back up to Chad.

Nothing disingenuous about saying he wanted to be a Bronco growing up, but the Warriors made a better offer - I think he has admitted as much. Broncos had certain plans for him, and the Warriors had an alternative, which he preferred.
He said needing to wait was the issue and even if it was the better offer the whole loving the Broncos just sounds stupid.

To claim that you had such a deep love for the club while in the same sentence saying a better offer took you straight away is just crazy.

Dearden was already touring other facilities despite 'never wanting to leave'. That was before a ball was even kicked, just like it was Walsh's dream to play for the Broncos but he jumped at the first decent offer he could get.

No mention of that offer either, just the 'opportunity' which he would have received had he stayed at the Broncos.

Dearden was already touring other facilities despite 'never wanting to leave'. That was before a ball was even kicked, just like it was Walsh's dream to play for the Broncos but he jumped at the first decent offer he could get.

No mention of that offer either, just the 'opportunity' which he would have received had he stayed at the Broncos.

Dearden had already played for the Broncos by that point.

Walsh jumped at an offer too good to refuse, despite his desire to play for the Broncos growing up as a kid.

Sour grapes.

Walsh jumped at an offer too good to refuse, despite his desire to play for the Broncos growing up as a kid.

Sour grapes.
No, it's the 'Kev wouldn't give me an opportunity!' instead of just admitting he took the money.

Simple but like Dearden he can't take responsibility for his own actions.

Sour grapes.
How is it sour grapes?

No, it's the 'Kev wouldn't give me an opportunity!' instead of just admitting he took the money.

Simple but like Dearden he can't take responsibility for his own actions.

He took the opportunity and he has made the most of it. Did it for mostly personal reasons, as have already been spelled out. Admitting he wanted to be a Bronco for life growing up doesn't change that.

How is it sour grapes?

Because you are having a sook about it. Wanted to play for the Broncos, circumstances changed and he did what was best for himself and his family. The end.

Right now pretty much any club is better to play for, that along with the extra dosh is what would have sold it. It really is that simple.

He took the opportunity and he has made the most of it. Did it for mostly personal reasons, as have already been spelled out. Admitting he wanted to be a Bronco for life growing up doesn't change that.

Because you are having a sook about it. Wanted to play for the Broncos, circumstances changed and he did what was best for himself and his family. The end.
I’m not having a sook about it, I’m simply saying that it is completely ridiculous to claim you had such deep love for the club that being told to buy your time broke that. I am probably coming across as more passionate about it because I have to keep saying the same thing over and over. Just say you got a better offer and leave it at that, cut all the wanted to be a Bronco for life bullshit.

Do you actually know Walsh or have some kind of association with him?

Right now pretty much any club is better to play for, that along with the extra dosh is what would have sold it. It really is that simple.
100% and myself or Big Pete have not disputed that.

I’m not having a sook about it, I’m simply saying that it is completely ridiculous to claim you had such deep love for the club that being told to buy your time broke that. I am probably coming across as more passionate about it because I have to keep saying the same thing over and over. Just say you got a better offer and leave it at that, cut all the wanted to be a Bronco for life bullshit.

Do you actually know Walsh or have some kind of association with him?

No.

I am simply suggesting he was being honest despite how it came across. He probably could have omitted that tidbit, but it's possible for it to be true but also not to ultimately determine his decision making.

I'll leave it at that.

What he said was he felt he was ready for first grade and the Warriors thought he was too.

I understand the Broncos position on him, but it turns out they were wrong. I didn't even know he had a kid until a few days ago. His position is perfectly respectable as it is imo. Professionally and personally, he took the better offer. What we imagine for ourselves growing up often doesn't work out, for various reasons.

I don't think they were wrong, they never said you have to play for three years in ISC, honestly his form in ISC might have changed Kevvie's mind in three weeks.

Let's start in ISC and see sometimes doesn't last too long if your form is up to it and a few injuries go your way. I honestly think if he'd stayed he would be on roughly the same NRL games by now anyway.

Warriors made him play a game for Dolphins too.

“I wanted to play first grade, but Kevvie (Broncos coach Kevin Walters) didn’t think I was quite ready.

This is the line that fans have an issue with. What opportunity did Walters have? He signed the deal before the competition even started.

He took the money without even playing a Queensland Cup game.

He's obviously trying to make himself look better, but at the end of the day he took a lucrative contract.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • KnToad
  • Dash
  • leon.bott
  • Foordy
  • Gaz
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Ondi
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manofoneway
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.