PLAYER Reece Walsh

He doesnt need to work on his attack, its defence now that should be his priority. The flaws in his game are ones that he can work on. He doesnt have the defence or organisation skills imo to put him up there with the best ever. You saw it in the grand final. It was actually noticeable they were less obvious in Origin with Billy in his ear guiding him.

He is in his 4th year of NRL footy so you think he should be starting to get all that worked out and once he does, then we have one of the best fullbacks of all time on our hands imo.

That try he scored back through the middle last night was insane.

Simultaneously palming off Murray whilst also stepping Latrell 👌

Walsh rarely cuts back in field, but with teams rushing up on him for the sweeps we might see more of it and he looked near unstoppable once he made the cut back... could be an entirely new element he finds in his game to make him even more dangerous
Needs to have someone from the opposite side to push up and hit a hole when he cuts back to the middle.
That would make it even more dangerous

Every time a good young rookie comes through we always hear comparisons when they're being talked up like they're going to be the next Johns, or the next Locky, or the next Slater etc etc.

I think Walsh could be the first one in a long while that's genuinely going to live up to the comparisons made about him. Slater was a brilliant fullback, I think by the time Walsh is done, he's going to surpass him as the greatest fullback of all time.

The guy is just a fucking freak and he hasn't hit his ceiling yet.

Every time a good young rookie comes through we always hear comparisons when they're being talked up like they're going to be the next Johns, or the next Locky, or the next Slater etc etc.

I think Walsh could be the first one in a long while that's genuinely going to live up to the comparisons made about him. Slater was a brilliant fullback, I think by the time Walsh is done, he's going to surpass him as the greatest fullback of all time.

You can just tell how good he is because he has been from the get go at the highest level and he is still soo young.

Reece Walsh has made footy actually exciting to watch for the first time in a long time. Peak Lockyer, Renouf. Bam. Something out of nothing. Such a refreshing change from Boyd/Bird and a long list of forgettable fullbacks.

And in his own way too. Very unique and special footballer.

I just hope he can keep his head. He has all the talent in the world, but the attitude to match. That will be both a help to him with his profile, but also a hindrance. He is a very, very special player and I'm glad he's 'ours'!!

I just hope he can keep his head. He has all the talent in the world, but the attitude to match. That will be both a help to him with his profile, but also a hindrance. He is a very, very special player and I'm glad he's 'ours'!!

Seems grounded and family orientated all things considered. Think he'll end up being a good role model. Unlike 'Jimmy the Jet'

There is a reason i made this kid my avatar on here when he rejoined the Broncs from the Warriors.

He has more X factor than any player ive seen since Locky.
Going to be a once in a generation talent.
Don't even remind me of that Warriors stint.

I was completely content with 2021 being a difficult year knowing what the club had coming through. If anything Norths were going to take precedence and I couldn't wait to see what Reece Walsh could have done.

Then before one single game, he's off to the Warriors and I'm spewing chips on BHQ!

You can see why I was pretty defensive of him over at the Warriors. He was obviously talented and the exact player fans have been crying for on here. I'll never forget a game where he played for the Dolphins where he was sick as a dog and he was wrestling & side-stepping the trainer to stay on. It was against Wynnum and even though the Dolphins still went down, you just knew he had everything you'd want in a player.

Was over the moon when @Unbreakable relayed the news he was coming back.

When Reyno goes I assume Walsh takes more playmaking responsibility, the question is how much can a Fullback take?

I thought when Lockyer was our fullback that was the limit, being a main kicker, heavily involved in set plays, which was natural to him being a Half to begin with.

Walsh has a Fullback background but has all the Half skills(excellent passing ability and Kicking game and a huge talker which is what you need in a playmaker), he is much more athletic than Locky ever was but age for age you can argue the rest is about the same level, is it feasible for him to be more involved as first receiver and a Main kicker though whilst being a fullback that's a tough job, basically asking for him to be a fusion of 7 and 1.

But somehow it seems to make sense, unless we somehow land a top tier half to replace Reyno.

If he does take that role and we are still a top team in the league there would be no question who is the best player in the game given how much responsibility he is taking in that role.

When Reyno goes I assume Walsh takes more playmaking responsibility, the question is how much can a Fullback take?

I thought when Lockyer was our fullback that was the limit, being a main kicker, heavily involved in set plays, which was natural to him being a Half to begin with.

Walsh has a Fullback background but has all the Half skills(excellent passing ability and Kicking game and a huge talker which is what you need in a playmaker), he is much more athletic than Locky ever was but age for age you can argue the rest is about the same level, is it feasible for him to be more involved as first receiver and a Main kicker though whilst being a fullback that's a tough job, basically asking for him to be a fusion of 7 and 1.

But somehow it seems to make sense, unless we somehow land a top tier half to replace Reyno.

If he does take that role and we are still a top team in the league there would be no question who is the best player in the game given how much responsibility he is taking in that role.

I think while Reyno is playing, he focus' on being the explosive player looming around the ruck or out wide. His presence alone is a threat.

He could be a 6/7, but requires a little more patience to control a game. Just an age and experience thing.

We don't need him to be a first receiver because that's taking away what he's most dangerous at. All we need is someone to get him the ball when he wants it and dig deep into the line.

Sunday Night Live basically avoided diving into the Reece Walsh incident outside of mentioning it being a nasty cut.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • armchair
  • Bish
  • Old Mate
  • Painin the Haas
  • Spoon
  • Fatboy
  • NSW stables
  • Organix
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • Maddy
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
... and 56 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.