NEWS Reluctant sex-symbol Anthony Seibold's lawyers may have struck gold

Has it been 24-48 hours yet? I'm still waiting for the NRL big name release.

White's had the dossier a week now. Threw it straight into the bin, then sacked Seibold. All you need to know, right there.

Dude, the real situation is something like this:

Seibs: My team will get to the bottom of it

Lawyers: We’ve almost cracked it, watch this space shortly (turns to crack team of kid with freckles and thick glasses behind a computer from the 1980s) You found anything?

Kid: I can’t even turn this thing on.

White's had the dossier a week now. Threw it straight into the bin, then sacked Seibold. All you need to know, right there.
Taking a while for Seibold to get the message he's been sacked.

Taking a while for Seibold to get the message he's been sacked.
Unless there's some clause the Broncos can pull that risks his payout I can't see why he wouldn't hang around and squeeze every cent he can out of the club. Regardless whether he "quits" or is sacked, being told if you don't quit you'll be sacked is the same as being sacked.

The only leverage I can think of they might have over him could be some possible substance in the rumours, whether he could be terminated on some kind of disrepute or misdemeanor basis or wants to keep it private. I wouldn't be dismissing that one at face value.

Last edited:
There’s 2 options, if this is factual.

1. The club thinks they have cause to terminate his contract without a payout but don’t want to get tied up in the resulting legal battle. Which is why they are offering him a million dollar deal to walk away.

2. The club is incompetent enough to think the guy will quit for $1m instead of hold out for the other $1m+ he’s owed.

Taking all context into account I will safely presume it’s option 2.

No doubt things will come to a head later today but whatever happens the club just looks like a trashpit.
With every other coach that has been sacked this year there has been a fair level of dignity about it for all concerned but with us its just the same sort of shitstorm there was with Bennett.
Siebold isn't the only one who should be sacked but in typical style the accountability for the last 18 months of shit will all be heaped on him to give all the other numpty's also responsbile some cover.
The whole thing is just a complete farce and I am well and truly over it.

No doubt things will come to a head later today but whatever happens the club just looks like a trashpit.
With every other coach that has been sacked this year there has been a fair level of dignity about it for all concerned but with us its just the same sort of shitstorm there was with Bennett.
Siebold isn't the only one who should be sacked but in typical style the accountability for the last 18 months of shit will all be heaped on him to give all the other numpty's also responsbile some cover.
The whole thing is just a complete farce and I am well and truly over it.

Not wrong at all sadly.

There’s 2 options, if this is factual.

1. The club thinks they have cause to terminate his contract without a payout but don’t want to get tied up in the resulting legal battle. Which is why they are offering him a million dollar deal to walk away.

2. The club is incompetent enough to think the guy will quit for $1m instead of hold out for the other $1m+ he’s owed.

Taking all context into account I will safely presume it’s option 2.
Nothing incompetent about option 2, some people might take take a mill now, resign and at least try to convince the world his personal/family issues are at least partly the reason, avoid the stress and move on.

Whilst a failure as head coach right now at this club, he is not a complete write off, and will likely find a good job as an assistant somewhere.

If it was me, faced between the choice of constant stress and media speculation and getting 2.5 mill, or walking away with 1 mill and then earning (just guessing) 250k per year for 3 years as an assistant, I'm all in for option 2

Last edited:
Nothing incompetent about option 2, some people might take take a mill now, resign and at least try to convince the world his personal/family issues are at least partly the reason, avoid the stress and move on.

Whilst a failure as head coach right now at this club, he is not a complete write off, and will likely find a good job as an assistant somewhere.

If it was me, faced between the choice of constant stress and media speculation and getting 2.5 mill, or walking away with 1 mill and then earning (just guessing) 250k per year for 3 years as an assistant, I'm all in for option 2
Taking the 2.5 million myself. I've charged less for rough sex.

Last edited:
Detailed findings of the investigation narrowed it down to:
Images

Seibold:

I'm coming out swinging!

Last edited:

Active Now

• kman
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.