NEWS Rival's $1.5 million raid on boom Bronco

I would’ve thought it was fairly obvious that players like Haas and Su’a were gonna get interest from other clubs so why don’t the broncs sign players like that to longer term contracts (say 3 year deal on 200k or something) before they blood them in the NRL? That way by the time their contracts are expiring and the poachers come, theirs a better shot at playing the loyalty card to retain them...

Haas was on a three year deal he signed in September 2016. Su'A was signed same time for two years with Opacic and Pearson.

Stats don't tell the full story, but I'd say Cordner is undoubtedly better than Gillett in all those areas that Sproj mentioned. Gillo is a much better defender though.

Gillett 2018 averages - 77.2 metres, 38.8 tackles @ 90% efficiency
Cordner 2018 averages - 121.2 metres, 28.7 tackles @ 85% efficiency

All those stats show is they are used differently.

It's not just Broncos fans that think this, most had him as the best forward in the game last year. Even Gordon Tallis did, but I guess he is such a big Broncos fan that his judgment is clouded.

wow so we get rid of Lodge and we get Moose back in the front row, no thanks.

Actually let’s make that stronger, no thanks, over my dead body.

Haas won’t be a starting prop for a couple of years.

Moose ain’t a front rower. He’s too small. Everyone except the people on this forum seem to accept that. Every time it comes up on radio/tv etc they all say the same thing.

Gillett and Thaiday can be disposed of. We aren’t missing Gillett and Thaiday is a passenger.

There’s the money for Su’A right there.

This is utter nonsense. McGuire too small to be a prop? He makes 100+ meters consistently in every game he plays. His work rate and aggression in the middle is excellent.

"Every time it comes up on radio/tv etc they all say the same thing."

Who the **** are "they"? Please tell me. I'd love to know who "they" are so I can avoid their dogshit opinions in future.

McGuire is a fucking beast for us whether he plays at prop or at lock.

Gillett can be disposed of? He's been one of the best backrowers in the competition for 5+ years ffs. We would be mad to let him walk.

What if ben hunt also becomes homesick after winning a premiership with the drags?

1 Mill a year buys a lot of tickets to Brisbane.

This is the same bloke 90% of us wanted gone last year. He got the yips at the Broncs doubt it is in anyone’s interest for him to come home.

Ben Hunt isn’t the answer unless u bring Widdop with him.

Get out the brown paper bags Wayne. Broncos leagues club should start their own property portfolio where players are allowed to live in the houses whilst covering the cost of upkeep.

1 Mill a year buys a lot of tickets to Brisbane.

This is the same bloke 90% of us wanted gone last year. He got the yips at the Broncs doubt it is in anyone’s interest for him to come home.

Ben Hunt isn’t the answer unless u bring Widdop with him.

Wisdom is the one making Hunt look like a half. I’m waiting for the day when Widdop is out of the game (goes home to U.K. and gets knighted??) and Hunt has to steer a team around. So unless Mary has given Hunt leadership training, I’m expecting the Dragons to live up to their reputation of being “chokers”.

I'm expecting Sua to leave. Love him to stay but we need to lock up Haas and TPJ right now and don't think we are going to be able to match other offers.
He is a weapon, and I reckon watching him tear it up in the next few years in a fucken bunnies jersey will be hard to watch.

Wisdom is the one making Hunt look like a half. I’m waiting for the day when Widdop is out of the game (goes home to U.K. and gets knighted??) and Hunt has to steer a team around. So unless Mary has given Hunt leadership training, I’m expecting the Dragons to live up to their reputation of being “chokers”.
Even if you use Hunt as a strictly running half we still let the wrong half go.

Even if you use Hunt as a strictly running half we still let the wrong half go.
Haha....

After 9 weeks Milford already has a better kicking game then hunt. For 2 years we waited for hunt to shake off his post grand final blues, remember, that big game that milf stepped up in and hunt went MIA in? Hunt has the benefit of the most in form forward pack in the comp in front of him and Widdop beside him. He's still drifting in and out of games and has a terrible kicking game. I'm actually happy for hunt to be getting the media attention and praise he has deserved for years, but he is doing nothing more then what he was for us it's just that his teams in form at the moment.

If Munster doesn't turn up in origin 1 I sure hope we aren't expecting hunt to be a big moments player all of a sudden for Queensland just because the Sydney media have fallen in love with him because he doesn't play for us now....

Haha....

After 9 weeks Milford already has a better kicking game then hunt. For 2 years we waited for hunt to shake off his post grand final blues, remember, that big game that milf stepped up in and hunt went MIA in? Hunt has the benefit of the most in form forward pack in the comp in front of him and Widdop beside him. He's still drifting in and out of games and has a terrible kicking game. I'm actually happy for hunt to be getting the media attention and praise he has deserved for years, but he is doing nothing more then what he was for us it's just that his teams in form at the moment.

If Munster doesn't turn up in origin 1 I sure hope we aren't expecting hunt to be a big moments player all of a sudden for Queensland just because the Sydney media have fallen in love with him because he doesn't play for us now....

This.

Do you know how the salary cap works? If the club wants to get rid of anyone who in contracted, thy have to pay the difference in any contract another club offers the player and it's counted in the salary cap. So if Glenn is on 600k a year but another club is only willing to offer him 300k, the Broncos have to pay him 300k to play for another club.
Unless it's mutual.... who do you think is carrying Hayne's contract or Moses Suli's contract (3 clubs already this year).

There are varying circumstances but if a player is told they're no longer needed, won't be re-signed and will finish up their contract in reserve grade, they'd rather be playing somewhere than getting relegated to reserve grade whilst their contract runs out with no options and no form on the board.

Unless it's mutual.... who do you think is carrying Hayne's contract or Moses Suli's contract (3 clubs already this year).

There are varying circumstances but if a player is told they're no longer needed, won't be re-signed and will finish up their contract in reserve grade, they'd rather be playing somewhere than getting relegated to reserve grade whilst their contract runs out with no options and no form on the board.

Moses Suli is different as he was fired from those clubs for breeches

Haha....

It's been a long time, but I finally agree almost entirely with you.
In the Origin arena, I am much more worried about Hunt's inability to control the game than to have a big moment, which he is quite capable of. I would not start him, but he would be my utility on the bench.

Depending on his continued progression, Milford will end up as one of the Qld long term halves, that I have little doubt about.

In the Origin arena, I am much more worried about Hunt's inability to control the game than to have a big moment, which he is quite capable of. I would not start him, but he would be my utility on the bench.

Depending on his continued progression, Milford will end up as one of the Qld long term halves, that I have little doubt about.

Yep, if it were me selecting the team, the halves would be:

6. Munster
7. Milford

14. Hunt

Honestly, I doubt it. He'll always be a utlility imo. Munster and Morgan have the halves sown up for a while yet, and if it's not them, DCE and Hunt will get a crack before Milf. He showed in his game last year he isn't close to making the step up yet.

Yep, if it were me selecting the team, the halves would be:

6. Munster
7. Milford

14. Hunt
Wouldn’t go Morgan over Hunt?

Granted, he’s not in great form but he covers everything bar prop and he’s delivered in multiple positions at that level before.

Wouldn’t go Morgan over Hunt?

Granted, he’s not in great form but he covers everything bar prop and he’s delivered at that level before.

Yeah it is a tough one but not really sure where Morgan fits in. I think Munster and Milf have to be the halves.

Parramatta and no idea. With Hayne it was a mutual agreement. He was willing to take a massive pay cut to go back to Parramatta. Manly are probably picking up all of Suli's tab. As far as I know, he was fired for not turning up for work on multiple occasions.
Of course if another club is willing to pick up the players entire contract and the player is willing to go to that club, it wouldn't count in the Broncos salary cap. The chances of that happening are slim to none. Why would opposition teams want to help out the Broncos at it's own expense? The best case scenario would be a bidding war to see how much more the player can get and how little the Broncos would have to add to that. In the case of Glenn, that won't happen unless he drastically improves and if he did, the Broncos would no longer want to move him on.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • lakers133334
  • RodF
  • ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.