Rnd #1 Broncos line-up

I also remember his experience last year in Rds 9,10,11 when we beat Manly, Roosters and Warriors without Macca as starting hooker, IIRC. When he returned we went back to our old ways - losing.

True that, thank Turpin he got us into the 8.

If Macca starts in round 1 I'm calling for Seibolds head.

that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing ... Macca starts for the first 20 mins to take the initial onslaught then Turps plays the final 60 mins

I agree with @Wolfie that Turps isn't an 80 minute hooker yet, so Macca is really the only other hooker in our squad.

Paix has potential to be a quality hooker, but he isn't NRL ready yet ... and 10-20 mins on the bench won't help his development, he needs to be playing big mins in the ISC

that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing ... Macca starts for the first 20 mins to take the initial onslaught then Turps plays the final 60 mins

I agree with @Wolfie that Turps isn't an 80 minute hooker yet, so Macca is really the only other hooker in our squad.

Paix has potential to be a quality hooker, but he isn't NRL ready yet ... and 10-20 mins on the bench won't help his development, he needs to be playing big mins in the ISC
Yeah this. As much as I don't want Macca in the team, if we're paying his wage the best use of him would be to open the first 20-25 then go have a shower.

Turps could surprise us, he may have increased his fitness a lot. I'm sure i can remember Sammy only playing small minutes then coming back one year and playing a lot longer. Maybe Jake will do this.

I'd rather Turpin to be starting, that way he can play for as long as he's good for. You'd be kicking yourself later in the match if you were having injury problems and you'd wasted a sub just so Macca could take some of the initial onslaught too.

Adding to that, Turpin puts good hits on the big fellas that run up the middle and I think that's important to have in the team from the get-go

I'd rather Turpin to be starting, that way he can play for as long as he's good for. You'd be kicking yourself later in the match if you were having injury problems and you'd wasted a sub just so Macca could take some of the initial onslaught too.

Adding to that, Turpin puts good hits on the big fellas that run up the middle and I think that's important to have in the team from the get-go

Exactly.

There may come a point where Seibold will have to consider starting Turpin off the bench, but in Round 1 you lead with your best team and take it from there. From all reports, Seibold views Turpin as the first choice rake so give him that opportunity.

Wouldn't be opposed to the 10 before and after half time

For McCullough that is

Last edited:
You wanna think about that one again?
I’m not going to get my hopes up about him being dropped altogether, but let’s be real he is going to be in the side.

Last edited:
Boyd will be picked for round 1.

The truth is, we have a number of players all about the same level. Apart from Oates and Staggs, our 3/4 line this year is looking ordinary (if Bird plays fullback).

Boyd, Arthurs, Coates, Nui, Kahu, Issako, Kennar ... there's not a struck match between all those guys, although Coates and Nui could develop into better players. Farnsworth is the only player to show some heart, but we already have two wingers.

Although Boyd was once again ordinary tonight (3 runs for 22 metres), trying to look relevant on the field, but not succeeding, none of the others have really put their hand up.

1. Bird
2. Isaako
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Oates

If Seibold is still bent on retaining Macca, even on the bench, he deserves twin fan forced shit coming his way.

If Seibold is still bent on retaining Macca, even on the bench, he deserves twin fan forced shit coming his way.

the problem is we need a backup hooker and we need someone on the bench to spell Turps ... we don't really have anyone else on the roster ...

there is a good chance that Paix will be that player in the future, but for his long term development he needs to be playing big minutes in the ISC learning his trade ... at least for 2020

it won't do him or us any good having him play a 15 minute cameo of the bench in the NRL every week

the problem is we need a backup hooker and we need someone on the bench to spell Turps ... we don't really have anyone else on the roster ...

there is a good chance that Paix will be that player in the future, but for his long term development he needs to be playing big minutes in the ISC learning his trade ... at least for 2020

it won't do him or us any good having him play a 15 minute cameo of the bench in the NRL every week
Might as well forfeit as play with Macca.

I’m all for Paix being our back up hooker but when I saw him in the trials, it’s clear he needs some more time to develop there before he plays NRL.

Macca wouldn’t be getting a great deal of game time.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • broncs30
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.