Rnd #1 Broncos line-up

Boyd, Arthurs, Coates, Nui, Kahu, Issako, Kennar ... there's not a struck match between all those guys, although Coates and Nui could develop into better players. Farnsworth is the only player to show some heart, but we already have two wingers.
After watching Arthurs in Townsville Trial, I'd be picking him over Boyd at left centre. He was better in every facet

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Arthars
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Croft
8. TPJ
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn
13. Carrigan
15. Riki
16. Flegler
17. Hopoate or Bullemore

This isn’t what I’d do but I think it will be:

1. Bird
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. TPJ
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. McCullough
15. Flegler
16. Bullemor/Riki
17. Arthars

I'd picking picking Arthars over all our right wingers at the moment. He's a better player than Isaako and more NRL ready than Coates and Farnworth.

I'd be picking Arthars for centre. He looks dangerous with the ball. He's pretty quick. He's ... everything Boyd isn't.

Seriously, on last night's performance, all we got from Boyd was a fitter more of the same.

A major disappointment for me last night was that defensively, too many players just clocked off, same as in that Eels game.

I'd be picking Arthars for centre. He looks dangerous with the ball. He's pretty quick. He's ... everything Boyd isn't.

Seriously, on last night's performance, all we got from Boyd was a fitter more of the same.

A major disappointment for me last night was that defensively, too many players just clocked off, same as in that Eels game.
Oh, me too. That doesn't look like any chance of happening, so right wing would be the next best option.

Oh, me too. That doesn't look like any chance of happening, so right wing would be the next best option.

It's probably been said before. Usually it is the best person for the job. In Boyd's case, it seems to be finding him a position in which he does least harm. FB, ⅝ and now centre in the space of 12 months. So what's next for Boyd? The bench? I ask myself, would Arthars have done any worse than Boyd last night?

MAybe I am being too hard or unrealistic. Round 1 results, and the team selected for Round 2 will for me, prove a lot, about both Boyd and Seibold.

Coates isn't ready for first grade. Defensively very, very suspect - and nervous under the high ball when in defense.

Courier Mail

Alex Glenn
might miss round one:

“I’m tracking really well (but) I don’t want to be here saying I am going to be ready to go in Round 1 and make that promise and then I’m not ready for Round 1. I can’t give away my secrets but I am doing extras with our rehab coaches and I have some outside men who are helping me out. I have a few people in my circle who have looked after my body well and keep me competing with the younger guys. Ideally I want to get out there and be ready for Round 1. There is still a road I have to take to make sure I am fit. I am taking it each day at a time and so far things are progressing really well. I am confident but I have to keep it going. I can’t push it and then it gets worse. At my age I have to be smart.

“The physio said you will heal to 80 per cent really fast and then the last 10 to 20 per cent you have to be really smart and make sure you are 100 per cent. I have been around the traps for a long time and when it’s not feeling right, I am aware of it. I am taking it a day at a time and it’s improving how I want it to.”

Seibold:

“Alex is our club captain and an experienced player, we missed his leadership out there (against the Titans). We will give him an opportunity to recover, it’s a marathon not a sprint, so if he’s 50-50 we won’t be silly, as much as we would love him there for Round 1. Lexi is a good pro so he is doing everything he can to be fit.”

That's a little harsh on Carrigan I would've thought.
Equal best on park according to Badel & Meyn:

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Justwin
  • LittleDavey
  • OzeMike
  • Maroon4life
  • Jazza
  • vnrizz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Nerd
  • Tmac
  • Bronx48
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Viti
  • Culhwch
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Emanon
  • Horseheadsup
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 84 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.