Rnd #1 Broncos line-up

A better question is would any other club even be putting themselves in this position to begin with.

I feel like we're taking crazy pills.

Adding to the initial question, Arthars is young and fit, even if hypothetically he was as poor as Boyd was, he has the ability to improve and can then be used long-term. Boyd cannot do or be either.

It wasn't Carrigans fault. The same thing would have happened with Lexi on the field. Boyd would still let the same try in and the heavy rotation of players allowed no one to settle in position.

Milf will be dropped along with Darius if he keeps playing like he did against the Titans .
Did nothing ... . Tommy Dearden looked way sharper . Good passes and split the line . Milf can`t beat a man , can`t pass .

Last edited:
Starting to look a bit thin for Round 1 with Matt Lodge and Joe Of out. We need Glenn to play.

Milf will be dropped along with Darius if he keeps playing like he did against the Titans .
Did nothing ... . Tommy Dearden looked way sharper . Good passes and split the line . Milf can`t beat a man , can`t pass .
Milf will never be dropped, he is the team's highest paid player. Even if it Seibs wanted to, he would be overruled by the hierarchy. I'm tipping Milf to have a strong season. If he doesn't, this team is bottom 4 material.

He`s gonna need to pull his socks up , and quick .
His ability to beat a man has sadly diminished . When was the last time he hit the open field ?
Try assist ? Try ?
Opposition know he can`t / won`t set up his centres , so just stick to him fading left and cramping the outside backs before he tries to step back inside . Same move every time ...
I give him a month . Defending alongside Darius is gonna mean lots and lots of right side attacks from the opposition . Darius moving laterally at speed is gonna be embarrassing . :nailbiter: As seen against the Titans .
Pay roll don`t mean zip if you aint winning .

Offloads from Flegler and Haas to Jack Bird could be a real weapon from what I saw against the Titans .

Last edited:
Milf obviously has all the talent in the world but he is incredibly fragile mentally. It’s all in his head. Contrast that with a player like Lockyer or JT who were mentally very strong and consistent as a result.

His ability to beat a man has sadly diminished . When was the last time he hit the open field ?
Try assist ? Try ?
Opposition know he can`t / won`t set up his centres , so just stick to him fading left and cramping the outside backs before he tries to step back inside . Same move every time ...
I give him a month . Defending alongside Darius is gonna mean lots and lots of right side attacks from the opposition . Darius moving laterally at speed is gonna be embarrassing . :nailbiter: As seen against the Titans .

Offloads from Flegler and Haas to Jack Bird could be a real weapon from what I saw against the Titans .

Oppositions know the Broncos rarely use their strike weapons as part of an effective game
plan - shapes and structures focussed on maximising our clear strengths. Oppositions know the Broncos invariably rely on Haas, Fifita and TPJ to create opportunities through individual efforts.

It's right, proper and well and good to hold individual players accountable for their personal form. However it is also right and proper to hold the coaching staff accountable for the environment they create for individual players to use their skills - like getting the ball to edge runner and outside backs as part of a quality attacking strategy.

"Offloads from Flegler and Haas to Jack Bird could be a real weapon from what I saw against the Titans" need to be coached as part of a plan as much as taking an opportunity when it arises.

Same goes for defence, which at the moment is largely rubbish, like letting the attack run
10 - 15 metres before contact with the defensive line (such as it is).

This for mine is all ALL on Seibold.

I saw way too much one-out bash and barge from our forwards in the 2 trials - same as last year. I wonder how much of that is a result of Macca's style at hooker?

I really want to see Croft and Milf and Turps create opportunities for our strike weapons by getting the ball moving, creating holes and exploiting defensive weaknesses. As I said, for mine, most of that is on the coach. I wait for round 1 with bated breath.

Last edited:
Milf obviously has all the talent in the world but he is incredibly fragile mentally. It’s all in his head. Contrast that with a player like Lockyer or JT who were mentally very strong and consistent as a result.

Re Milf attacking ; Run left till there is no more room then step right . Followed by a very slow resentful get up off the ground like he`s been hurt / fouled . Killing any momentum in its tracks .
Opposition right side must love the training week prior to playing against Milf . Easy play book to memorise .

Last edited:
Oppositions know the Broncos rarely use their strike weapons as part of an effective game
plan - shapes and structures focussed on maximising our clear strengths. Oppositions know the Broncos invariably rely on Haas, Fifita and TPJ to create opportunities through individual efforts.

It's right, proper and well and good to hold individual players accountable for their personal form. However it is also right and proper to hold the coaching staff accountable for the environment they create for individual players to use their skills - like getting the ball to edge runner and outside backs as part of a quality attacking strategy.

"Offloads from Flegler and Haas to Jack Bird could be a real weapon from what I saw against the Titans" need to be coached as part of a plan as much as taking an opportunity when it arises.

Same goes for defence, which at the moment is largely rubbish, like letting the attack run
10 - 15 metres before contact with the defensive line (such as it is).

This for mine is all ALL on Seibold.

I saw way too much one-out bash and barge from our forwards in the 2 trials - same as last year. I wonder how much of that is a result of Macca's style at hooker?

I really want to see Croft and Milf and Turps create opportunities for our strike weapons by getting the ball moving, creating holes and exploiting defensive weaknesses. As I said, for mine, most of that is on the coach. I wait for round 1 with bated breath.

Milf doesn`t put his centre in a better position .
Dies with the ball then looks like he`s busted as he gets up off the ground like an old man .
why has that not been addressed these last 5 years ?

Decent footballer should know how to follow a runner then accept a pass ?
Turpin`s passing off the ground was not good enough

Milf moving the ball ? Not cramping the back line and stepping back inside ? I`d like to see that !

Last edited:

Let's see Seibs create shapes and structures with depth and width so that Milf (and Croft) has room to move. I didn't see much room for Milf in Trial 2 whereas there was a bit in Trial 1 where Milf did some good things with the ball.

Sure it is on Milf to always lift, as much as it is on Seibold to give him every opportunity to do so.

Milf delivered a beautiful short ball to put one of the forwards over almost untouched. Flegler maybe?

after he tweaked his hammy at the 9s I’m not mad he took it easy against the titans

I liked what I saw from Croft and from Bird at fullback in the trials, we still look pretty fragile and way to passive in defense tho, we just stand back and watch and give away so much territory.

I realise they were just trials but the two losses have knocked my confidence a little for this year, defense and handling still seems to be an issue.

Last edited:
Try assist ? Try ?

Rubbish! He got outplayed by someone trying to get into the team , milf didn't need to do anything but get some match fitness and not get injured.
Can we please wait until we get several games in before we point fingers and think that the world is ending.

Lockyer has picked us to improve this year from last year and finish 7th.
If that is a genuine expectation from a board member then I dare say we are in for yet another long, shit year.
Yes I know Lockyer is a media person as well as on the board for the Broncos, but there is something about him having us finish 7th which doesn’t sit well with me.
Does that not just send a message to Seibold and the playing group that if we scrape in at 7th the year is a pass mark and all are safe.
If I were a player hearing that from someone like Lockyer, I wouldn’t think there is much expectation on the team.
Either way, I don’t like it.

Last edited:
haha he's just trying to take some pressure off the team. Lockyer will always be my alltime favourite player but he has proven time and time again to be a lying mouthpiece as a member of the board.
His tactic won't work btw.

Lockyer has picked us to improve this year from last year and finish 7th.
If that is a genuine expectation from a board member then I dare say we are in for yet another long, shit year.
Yes I know Lockyer is a media person as well as on the board for the Broncos, but there is something about him having us finish 7th which doesn’t sit well with me.
Does that not just send a message to Seibold and the playing group that if we scrape in at 7th the year is a pass mark and all are safe.
If I were a player hearing that from someone like Lockyer, I wouldn’t think there is much expectation on the team.
Either way, I don’t like it.
I'll take 7th. This roster isn't exactly star studded and the coaching staff are inexperienced. I think this team can make a bit of noise in 3-4 years time if the core remain with the club. But now is way too soon and they'll finish 7th if they don't have any more key injuries (maybe). Locky is being patriotic though, a playoff spot will be a real struggle with this roster of inexperienced youngsters and veterans who are barely first grade standard (Boyd, Macca, Glenn).

Active Now

• Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Clintos
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • mitch222
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.