Robbie Farrah and the Tigers

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Did anyone catch Farrah on Fox last night? It's on youtube somewhere. Johns asked him a few questions - nothing that I would regard as off limits but certainly more than the usual piss weak cliched inquiries players would have expected from Johns on the Footyshow. Johns inquired about whether the Tigers performances to date were soft, given they began the year as premiership favourites before asking about rumours of a bust up between Farrah and Benji, and whether or not Tim Sheens still had the support of the senior players. Anyway, Farrah noticeably had the ****s and was quite abrasive. He had a huge sook on Twitter, claiming he was 'ambushed', despite earlier tweeting he was expecting a few curveballs. They weren't offensive questions by any stretch, and were the kind of inquiries I'd want to know the answer to as a Tigers fan.

He seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder. His actions only add to the theory of the Tigers having a marshmallow underbelly.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Quality is a bit dodge.

I can't really see anything wrong with how he's responded TBH. I read the article on Fox Sports earlier, without having seen the footage, and I think they're just hyping it up to attract an audience.

It's already been said in the YouTube comments section, but I'll say it here anyway... storm in a teacup.

Last edited by a moderator:
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
As this was the first question asked him, you could tell he was already on the defensive. I wonder what they said to him off air prior to the segment.

He came across as a massive douche, and proved he is not captain material.

-----

Ning, the hype was made because Farrah came out blowing up on twitter before the segment aired, about how he was "ambushed" by Johns and it was wrong and he wanted to say more but couldn't. That's why the big deal.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
What a precious little darling. No wonder the Tigpies are travelling so badly.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Fair questions - they have been soft. Only just beat the Sharks but since then they've been outplayed three weeks in a row... The Tigers struggle with expectations - hype is not a good thing for that footy club.

The Pearl

The Pearl

NYC Player
Jan 30, 2012
About time an NRL show asked some harder hitting questions. Love it.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
As mrslong has already said, Farah was already on the defensive before a question was asked.

Nothing wrong with any of the questions.

At the end of the interview, Farah said he was ambushed & Matty replied, you got the questions beforehand. Farah then said a few were added.

Robbie is a princess.

Last edited:
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I didn't think the questions were hard hitting. Like "you missed 50 tackles on the weekend, that would appear to be soft" um yeah. it would.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that i thought it was poor taste from Johns.

Let me also say that i am not a Johns fan anyway so i guess i am biased, but i thought that he did indeed ambush Farrah last night.

You could tell from the shocked/angry look on Farrahs face that he never knew those questions were coming. Johns just seems hellbent on taking the piss out of people on that show .... just look at the quality responses in Matty's mailbag.

To top it off, Johns finishes up by saying Benji is a dickhead.

Very classy Matty..... very classy.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Farah was angry even before a question was asked.

The interview was going down hill before it started.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Farah was angry even before a question was asked.

Exactly. He knew what was coming.

I think that proves he wasn't ambushed despite his claims.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I think Farah was angry with Johns, because he has been critical of the Tigers this season.

Loved the way Farah snatched the jersey from Johns, he is all class.

Maybe Johns told Farah not to promote his restaurant.

And no, I am not a Johns fan.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
hmm i noticed something here....at one point Robbie Farah started barking like a dog, does this mean he is going to sign with the Bulldogs maybe? or could be Parra since maybe that was a call to the dogs that he will be playing for their rivals? or he could be going to Roosters, he was very friendly with Braith. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
He was friendly with Braith, because the rumour is Braith is going to the Tigers.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The Tigers are a soft team and are getting ambushed by nearly every team the're playing. Farah just needs to accept others opinions and predictions on his team and avoid overeaction to them.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Does Johns normally ask those sorts of questions on this show?

If I was going on a show to be interviewed by a guy who normally treats players like his best friends, I'd be pretty ****ty if he suddenly started playing the hard-hitting journalism card. It seems pretty clear to me that Johns was niggling for a reaction.

Farah's biggest mistake was the whinge-fest on Twitter. I thought he did ok in the actual interview considering Johns' attitude.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Does Johns normally ask those sorts of questions on this show?

If I was going on a show to be interviewed by a guy who normally treats players like his best friends, I'd be pretty ****ty if he suddenly started playing the hard-hitting journalism card. It seems pretty clear to me that Johns was niggling for a reaction.

Farah's biggest mistake was the whinge-fest on Twitter. I thought he did ok in the actual interview considering Johns' attitude.

Johns tries to be controversial on NRL on Fox just for the sake of being controversial. He's trying to become the new Gus Gould I think. He's crap.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.