OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could say they didn't rate Cronk prior to that point.

It's fair enough to have him behind a Langer or Thurston, two of the all time greatest, but to not rate him at all just doesn't compute.

The guy was a pretty special player long before that point. Perhaps not all time elite in talent, but pretty much there in execution and inarguably there in the actual results he achieved.
That's what I meant: I didn't rate him in the best of the best.

Also, **** Cronk.

Wonder how long, or if indeed DD and the bespectacled one are already spruiking the benefits of playing for the Broncos in a state that knows how to react to COVID -19 outbreaks in a timely fashion. I mean we've virtually hosted the whole sporting bodies of Australia for the last two years. So why wouldn't you want to be based here with the best fans, the best stadium and the best facilities.

Another major boost is our trajectory can only go up. In the next 2 to 3 years we will be serious GF contenders.
Next year is a whole new ball game - so to speak. If the PM opens the country on the basis of vaccinations, a lot of folk are going to get crook. Loads will wind up in hospital. Many will die. It comes with the turf.

What this means for contact sport is anyone's guess, but QLD will have to deal with the pandemic for real. Maybe the comp will move to an even tighter bubble. Maybe they'll soldier on. I can't see the future here, except that Fortress QLD is bound to breach. The party is almost over. Final drinks.

Next year is a whole new ball game - so to speak. If the PM opens the country on the basis of vaccinations, a lot of folk are going to get crook. Loads will wind up in hospital. Many will die. It comes with the turf.

What this means for contact sport is anyone's guess, but QLD will have to deal with the pandemic for real. Maybe the comp will move to an even tighter bubble. Maybe they'll soldier on. I can't see the future here, except that Fortress QLD is bound to breach. The party is almost over. Final drinks.

you do realise that it's up to the Premiers, not the PM whether the states borders open, don't you

it's all over people, we don't have a prayer

/reverend lovejoy

They've dropped the goal from 80% to 70% total vaccination i think in another month or so that figure will drop to 60 or 65% and then they'll drop all restrictions. It will then mean a huge pressure will be placed on each stat's premier to decide when to lower the borders.

I keep saying being vaccinated does not stop you from catching it or indeed spreading it. So when the restrictions are lifted there will be (by my reckoning) at least 30% of the population unvaccinated. Teams are already talking about not signing players if they have not been vaccinated.

What that will do to the rosters is anyone's guess.

Below is the team I would run in 2022. I've also added a Second 17 List to show our depth.
I would be keen for the Broncs to offer big money for Brandon Smith e.g. $850k for 3 seasons.
I do think we need a quality established Fullback and someone like Nicho Hynes would have been perfect at $600k but they probably didn't have the funds available at that stage.
I'm a massive fan of Bullemor but can understand if they want an established forward for maturity but my opinion is that investing in Bullemor would probably have the same effect with larger upside.
Lastly, leaving Gamble out was hard but I think Kelly offers a more natural running 5/8 and will compliment Reynolds better.

Feel free to tear apart.

1. Tesi Nui

2. Herbie Farnworth

3. Kotoni Staggs

4. Selwyn Cobbo

5. Corey Oates

6. Albert Kelly

7. Adam Reynolds (c)

8. Tom Flegler

9. Jake Turpin

10. Payne Hass

11. Kurt Capewell

12. Jordan Riki

13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix

15. Patrick Carrigan

16. Rhys Kennedy

17. Ethan Bullemor

1. Jamayne Issako

2. David Mead

3. Jesse Arthurs

4. Brenko Lee

5. Jordan Pereira

6. Tyson Gamble

7. Ezra Mam

8. Keenan Palasia

9. Billy Walters

10. Xavier Willison

11. Brendan Piakura

12. Corey Jensen

13. TC Robati

14. Blake Mozer

15. Logan Bayliss

16. Spare

17. Spare
Carrigan would eventually start probably would be smart to start the year off the bench though
The team I'd like to see would be
1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mead/Issako
6.Gamble
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Kobe
14. Kelly
15. TC
16. Flegler
17. Bullemor

Kelly to come on for Kobe and play as a second fullback in attack (just be around the ball, support and do sweep plays) and Kobe moves into the forward rotation and cover for 9 if needed.
Turpin tackles his ass off and Herbie plays through the middle getting out of dummie half on quick play the balls supporting the forwards and just running.

Buy B.Smith for 23.

Below is the team I would run in 2022. I've also added a Second 17 List to show our depth.
I would be keen for the Broncs to offer big money for Brandon Smith e.g. $850k for 3 seasons.
I do think we need a quality established Fullback and someone like Nicho Hynes would have been perfect at $600k but they probably didn't have the funds available at that stage.
I'm a massive fan of Bullemor but can understand if they want an established forward for maturity but my opinion is that investing in Bullemor would probably have the same effect with larger upside.
Lastly, leaving Gamble out was hard but I think Kelly offers a more natural running 5/8 and will compliment Reynolds better.

Feel free to tear apart.

1. Tesi Nui

2. Herbie Farnworth

3. Kotoni Staggs

4. Selwyn Cobbo

5. Corey Oates

6. Albert Kelly

7. Adam Reynolds (c)

8. Tom Flegler

9. Jake Turpin

10. Payne Hass

11. Kurt Capewell

12. Jordan Riki

13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Cory Paix

15. Patrick Carrigan

16. Rhys Kennedy

17. Ethan Bullemor

1. Jamayne Issako

2. David Mead

3. Jesse Arthurs

4. Brenko Lee

5. Jordan Pereira

6. Tyson Gamble

7. Ezra Mam

8. Keenan Palasia

9. Billy Walters

10. Xavier Willison

11. Brendan Piakura

12. Corey Jensen

13. TC Robati

14. Blake Mozer

15. Logan Bayliss

16. Spare

17. Spare
This probably isnt far off the mark however I dont think theyve purchased Brenko to sit in reserve grade (if that even gets played). I would suggest he would go in Cobbo's spot and Cobbo may fight it out for fullback with Niu and Isaako.

I am quite concerned about our forwards, still not a lot of help for Payne, even with Capewell's arrival. As long as Ryan James can stay fit he would be a pretty decent help.

you do realise that it's up to the Premiers, not the PM whether the states borders open, don't you
I know exactly how it works. Fortress QLD is on its last legs. If you don't want to get Covid, you'll actually have to take masks and distancing seriously. Regardless of whether you're vaccinated. Footballers can't do that on the field.

McHunt's on the money - there's no hiding from Covid 5 and it's just a matter of time before it's a QLD resident. Chances are you'll catch it at some stage - it'll be just a case of whether you've had the vaccine or not.

They've dropped the goal from 80% to 70% total vaccination i think in another month or so that figure will drop to 60 or 65% and then they'll drop all restrictions. It will then mean a huge pressure will be placed on each stat's premier to decide when to lower the borders.

I keep saying being vaccinated does not stop you from catching it or indeed spreading it. So when the restrictions are lifted there will be (by my reckoning) at least 30% of the population unvaccinated. Teams are already talking about not signing players if they have not been vaccinated.

What that will do to the rosters is anyone's guess.
I don't think they've dropped the benchmarks. Where did you hear that?

My understanding is it's a tiered opening, and I'm still a bit skeptical they'll go through with it, especially in QLD. Ultimately though, it'll happen at some point and people will die. Maybe twice or three times as many as a bad flu season, but it's going to take a major paradigm shift to accept that.

These vaccinations only really blunt the spread, rather than stop it. I know several people who've had breakthrough infections.

McHunt's on the money - there's no hiding from Covid 5 and it's just a matter of time before it's a QLD resident. Chances are you'll catch it at some stage - it'll be just a case of whether you've had the vaccine or not.
I don't want to derail the thread with this, but the more I think about it, the less clear it is to me how the NRL will continue next year.

I don't think they've dropped the benchmarks. Where did you hear that?

My understanding is it's a tiered opening, and I'm still a bit skeptical they'll go through with it, especially in QLD. Ultimately though, it'll happen at some point and people will die. Maybe twice or three times as many as a bad flu season, but it's going to take a major paradigm shift to accept that.

These vaccinations only really blunt the spread, rather than stop it. I know several people who've had breakthrough infections.
I think I read it in the Brisbane Times yesterday. Not sure but I did read it somewhere.

I think I read it in the Brisbane Times yesterday. Not sure but I did read it somewhere.
There was some blather from the knucklehead in the next state about easing some restrictions because they've hit a first vaccination milestone of 60% but she needs a clip in the back of the head if she thinks that means anything. 80% of adults fully vaccinated is still going to get ugly. But it's a reasonable starting point for discussion.

This probably isnt far off the mark however I dont think theyve purchased Brenko to sit in reserve grade (if that even gets played). I would suggest he would go in Cobbo's spot and Cobbo may fight it out for fullback with Niu and Isaako.

I am quite concerned about our forwards, still not a lot of help for Payne, even with Capewell's arrival. As long as Ryan James can stay fit he would be a pretty decent help.

Without knowing anything other than stats, maybe Jensen is that mature head to help out?

Without knowing anything other than stats, maybe Jensen is that mature head to help out?

although i'd still like to see us sign an experienced NRL older head, like Ryan James or a Napa to help out the pack ... unless we can snag a top tier hooker, of course

I don't want to derail the thread with this, but the more I think about it, the less clear it is to me how the NRL will continue next year.
I can't get my head around it either. Just kidding but maybe instructing all players and staff to catch Covid during the off-season would be a start. That might get us through to mid-season and then it's anything goes after that. Can't see it's a realistic option to have everyone staying in a bubble for a another few years. Just have to treat like the flu - when players are crook they're out for while. Maybe the NRL will have to allow extended squads for a few years.

I can't get my head around it either. Just kidding but maybe instructing all players and staff to catch Covid during the off-season would be a start. That might get us through to mid-season and then it's anything goes after that. Can't see it's a realistic option to have everyone staying in a bubble for a another few years. Just have to treat like the flu - when players are crook they're out for while. Maybe the NRL will have to allow extended squads for a few years.

As a side point, Covid seems to have the potential to seriously mess up athletes. As a massive fan of cycling, there are several top pros who have had Covid over the last 12-18 months and even though they have recovered for several months, they just don't seem to have that same level as before. Whether that will improve over time or not, I don't know but interesting the effects it still seems to have long after recovering.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • eggstar10
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.