Round 1 2014

If it was that easy, every team would have a Cameron Smith.

There is a reason why Cameron Smith is going to go down as one of the best hookers to ever play the game, and its not because he is easy to copy. Its a combination of skill, athletic ability, talent, composure, leadership, discision making and intellect. You can't replicate that from watching videos of Storm games

Well I read an article by locky i think it was, saying that this was the broncos' strategy. It seemed to have been working. He was killing it in the last few games. Just taking him off the field caused the problems...

Jack Reed didnt get selected in the England squad. Sack him :P

Irrespective of who plays Round 1, what I will be looking for are 4 things:

1. A fitter, leaner, quicker and meaner side in attack and defence, built on continuous support of the ball runner who is at least always looking to offload/pass;

2. Relentlessly quick play the balls for the whole 80 minutes so our lack of momentum won't allow us to be dominated as in 2013;

3. Massive improvement in a disciplined, defensive line which is in the opposition's face almost as soon as they play the ball & minimal missed tackles;

4. Well executed "set" plays, or structures, all over the park so that our play makers have options on both sides, and, every player is aware of their own position/role, and everyone else's.

Interested to see a team named by [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION]

1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Yow Yeh
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Strasser*
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday (vc)
13. Parker (c)

14. Granville
15. Kennedy
16. Glenn
17. Dodds

Close by:

18. Hala
19. Oates
20. Lowrie**
21. J.Wallace

* = Pending Anthony Milford
** = Pending Todd Lowrie

1 Barba 2 Yow Yeh 3 Kahu 4 Hodges 5 Vidot/Oates 6 Hoffman 7 Milford 8 Hannant 9 McCullough 10 Kennedy 11 Thaiday12 Gillett 13 Parker 14 Glen 15 Hala 16 Mcguire 17 B Hunt. I figure Hodges. JYY and Vidot (If not signed) can be covered by Reed, Copley, Glenn and Oates. Oates will be on cusp of 17. I wouldn't play him every week especially if playing in the forwards. Ease him in. We desperately need some big bodies we lack size up front. Bigger concern than 6 for me. I think Hoffman can make a fist of 6. I would not resign Maranta or Copley. I would look for young backs with more pace. I hope we get Vidot. I think he will fulfil his potential. Like the ide. of two big wingers in him and JYY (If he recovers). Additional signing One big prop,Vidot, Milford and hopefully Karmichael Hunt.

Interesting first post. Welcome to the forums

1. Barba

2. Hoffman

3. Reed

4.* Oates/copely/vidot

5. Yow yeh**/oates/copely/vidot

66666. Milford

7. Hunt

8. Kennedy

9. Macca

10. Hannant

11. Gillett

12. Glenn (vc)

13. Cp 13 (c)

14. Granville

15. Moose

16. Thaiday (c)

17. Dodds/stagg/lowrie***/oates

* pending Hodges possibly round 1

** yow yeh has said himself he want to play wing and can jump still.

*** pending lowrie

Thanks. I am glad I came across the forums. Lots of interesting things to discuss

Are we still putting Milford in our squads?

Do posters do that because the options if we don't sign him are terrifying?

Are we still putting Milford in our squads?

Do posters do that because the options if we don't sign him are terrifying?

Milford, Milford ... rings a bell ....

For mine, there are 2 good options worth trying - Strasser and Taylor. I mean, we do develop our young (halves) talent don't we ... preferably before another club does, and preferably before they are turned into bench hookers.

This is my team with the current signings:

1. Barba

2. Hoffman

3. Reed

4. Hodges/Kahu

5. Yow Yeh

6. Strasser/Taylor

7. Hunt

8. Hannant

9. McCullough

10. Kennedy

11. Thaiday

12. Gillett

13. Parker

Interchange:

14. Granville

15. Glenn

16. McGuire

17. Oates

Some of these depend on availability if Milford is signed I would put him in the five-eight position.

1. Barba
2. Kahu
3. Yow Yeh
4. Reed
5. Hoffman
6. Strasser*
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday (vc)
13. Parker (c)

14. Granville
15. Kennedy
16. Glenn
17. Dodds

Close by:

18. Hala
19. Oates
20. Lowrie**
21. J.Wallace

* = Pending Anthony Milford
** = Pending Todd Lowrie

No Justin Hodges?? come on mate :stupid:

Ahh, "not joking" Griffin option - ​Capewell?

My bad. He's signed with the Panthers

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.