Round 1 2014

Thought he was a bit of a knob at the start after the self appointed "big show" nickname but has since let his football do the talking and has grown on me massively. Really rate him as a footballer and a good fit for origin. Him and papaali on the field together would be good

Round 1. Hodges and JYY I don't think will be risked round 1, even if fit. I think Griffin will try Copley at centre for first few rounds. I also believe he will try out the new signings early in the season and try and keep Hoffman happy in the 1 jersey.

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Stewart Mills
3 Jack Reed
4 Dale Copley
5 Daniel Vidot
6 Ben Barba
7 Ben Hunt
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Martin Kennedy
11 Sam Thaiday
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

14 Anthony Milford
15 Corey Oates
16 Josh McGuire
17 Alex Glenn

18 David Stagg 19 Todd Lowrie

after a few rounds this is what I expect moving forward and IMO the best team.

1 Ben Barba
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jharal Yow Yey
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Martin Kennedy
11 Matt Gillett
12 Corey Oates
13 Corey Parker

14 Alex Glenn
15 Sam Thaiday
16 Ben Hannant
17 Daniel Vidot

18 David Stagg 19 Todd Lowrie

Even with an upset Hoffman, I just can't see griffin putting him there for round 1. There is no hodges to swap with him in attack so why put him there? We NEED barba at the back full time IMO. Will be interesting to see if macca is made to play 80 or if Granville gets a run in the 14

Even with an upset Hoffman, I just can't see griffin putting him there for round 1. There is no hodges to swap with him in attack so why put him there? We NEED barba at the back full time IMO. Will be interesting to see if macca is made to play 80 or if Granville gets a run in the 14

I totally agree we need barba at the back but I have a funny feeling he will be in halves to start with. Hopefully not.

I think if Hoffman gets the start at fullback it will show the inmates are running the asylum.

Thought he was a bit of a knob at the start after the self appointed "big show" nickname but has since let his football do the talking and has grown on me massively. Really rate him as a footballer and a good fit for origin. Him and papaali on the field together would be good

He was quoted some time ago as saying the big show nickname was given to him, and he didn't like it

Outside backs all think they can play and are brilliant fullbacks.

They're not and they can't.

Barba is a superior fullback to Hoffman.

I'd love to see Hoffman get the 4 jersey until Hodges returns.

1. Barba
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Vidot/Kahu/Copley

McGuire seems like a young version of Parker to me.

He already has a good work-rate when he's in form so I can definitely see him shifting to 13. By the time Parker's retired he'll be more mature as a player, he'll learn to play smarter and be mentally stronger so he can play for 80 minutes in the middle.

He was quoted some time ago as saying the big show nickname was given to him, and he didn't like it

Yeah, if I remember correctly one of the Berrigan bros gave it to him and Thaiday made sure it stuck.

Here is how I see it!!!

1.Ben Barba
2.Copley
3.Reed
4.Hoffman
5.Vidot
6.Taylor
7.Hunt
8.Kennedy
9.McCullough
10.McGuire
11.Thaiday
12.Gillett
13.Parker

14.Lowrie
15.Hannant
16.Glenn
17.Oates

Everybody needs to stop dreaming about Yow Yeh. Facts are although he may play again he will never be the player that he was. And that's not taking anything away from the man he is a great player. Hats off to him for his courage.

The likes of hodges, he is injury prone and has been for a while now, I honestly don't see the point in relying on someone who can only play half a season. Give the likes of vidot a go. Id rather vidot then kahu as he is injury prone aswell and honestly I haven't seen anything special from him anyway.

McCullough needs to step up and play 80 minutes. He has shown already in pre season that he is the fittest player at the club. If he wants to compete with the likes of smith he needs to step up.

I don't understand why everyone is putting milford at 7 when he has not even been signed???? Give young Ashley Taylor a go. Hes proved himself in Holden Cup. Hes a great young talent. If we don't give our talent a chance then another club will.

If anybody has watched todd lowrie play over the last 2 years with Melbourne and warriors they would know he is a great attaching forward. He runs great angles and looks to attack gaps in defensive lines. This is exactly what we need. Not this one dimensional one ups and a kick at the end. Its just boring and ineffective.

Here is how I see it!!!

1.Ben Barba
2.Copley
3.Reed
4.Hoffman
5.Vidot
6.Taylor
7.Hunt
8.Kennedy
9.McCullough
10.McGuire
11.Thaiday
12.Gillett
13.Parker

14.Lowrie
15.Hannant
16.Glenn
17.Oates

Everybody needs to stop dreaming about Yow Yeh. Facts are although he may play again he will never be the player that he was. And that's not taking anything away from the man he is a great player. Hats off to him for his courage.

The likes of hodges, he is injury prone and has been for a while now, I honestly don't see the point in relying on someone who can only play half a season. Give the likes of vidot a go. Id rather vidot then kahu as he is injury prone aswell and honestly I haven't seen anything special from him anyway.

McCullough needs to step up and play 80 minutes. He has shown already in pre season that he is the fittest player at the club. If he wants to compete with the likes of smith he needs to step up.

I don't understand why everyone is putting milford at 7 when he has not even been signed???? Give young Ashley Taylor a go. Hes proved himself in Holden Cup. Hes a great young talent. If we don't give our talent a chance then another club will.

If anybody has watched todd lowrie play over the last 2 years with Melbourne and warriors they would know he is a great attaching forward. He runs great angles and looks to attack gaps in defensive lines. This is exactly what we need. Not this one dimensional one ups and a kick at the end. Its just boring and ineffective.

Taylor has proven himself??? **** the kid has played like 3 games or something ridiculous like that.

I reserve the right to keep dreaming that yow yeh will come back strong, no one has any idea how he will come back

By all means dream.
I'm just saying why wait in anticipation for Yow Yeh when there is plenty of other talent that could be just as good as he was.
Give the youngsters a go. It will benefit the club in the long run.
Stop relying on burnt out legends. If we do that results will only be worse.
Taylor cannot do any worse than Wallace and prince last year.

Good first up post, Craig welcome aboard!

I do have to pick apart your comment on Taylor. You're by no means alone, it's something I've seen parroted a lot on here and it's really beginning to rustle my jimmies. Let me just say this, when did it become so offensive to juniors to serve their apprenticeship in the lower grades? I think it really reflects the impatience of contemporary society when people are so forth-right about a player deserving a selection on the back of a handful of good performances in the NYC - you'd barely hear of such entitlement a decade or more ago.

Now that I sound like the world's oldest 23 year old, allow me to put it like this. One of the best halves in the modern game is Daly Cherry Evans (DCE for short). Now, tell me something, at what age did DCE debut? Tell me what age Cronk was given the starting halves role at Melbourne? What age was JT when he made a name for himself? etc.

Players should only be handed their debuts in first grade when they're ready. Throwing them into the deep end only creates more problems.

By all means dream.
I'm just saying why wait in anticipation for Yow Yeh when there is plenty of other talent that could be just as good as he was.
Give the youngsters a go. It will benefit the club in the long run.
Stop relying on burnt out legends. If we do that results will only be worse.
Taylor cannot do any worse than Wallace and prince last year.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what your saying. How does hoping that yow yeh returns to nrl strongly stopping the youngsters getting a go? I was suggesting we only play with one winger as some kind of homage to JYY.

What burnt out legends are we relying on???

Throwing Taylor in at his young age after a handful of Holden cup could be devastating to his confidence and his development

Throwing Taylor into FG is way too early, but keeping him in U20s is poor too. Young halves especially should be learning in QLD Cup with more experienced players and better defence.

Active Now

• IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Painin the Haas
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • barker
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncotville
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.