Round 1 2014

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
If Watmough is under 100kgs at playing weight, I'll eat the wrong end of a pineapple.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
94kg according to their player profiles.

Yeah. I don't really believe that though. It says Corey Parker is 102kgs. Parker would be a good 110kgs. Watmough would surely be playing closer to 105kgs.

Not that any of this matters.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Yeah. I don't really believe that though. It says Corey Parker is 102kgs. Parker would be a good 110kgs. Watmough would surely be playing closer to 105kgs.

Not that any of this matters.

Does Parker's profile say 102kg? I can remember a couple of years ago (last year or year before maybe) reading that his weight was in the 90s, maybe something like 97 or 98kg. Same as Watmough, I remember seeing his to be late 90 kg as well. I dunno, I definitely would have thought Parker (and Watmough for that matter) to me mid 100 kgs. But then again, weight isn't everything, Dallas Johnson was early 90 kg for most of his career and we all know what a great defender and tackler he was.

W

wilson61

Jul 23, 2013
Granville is the best option for hooker, he can get front rowers over the advantage line, cause he runs straight. To say that he didnt impress against Ipswich is like saying he didnt impress in 4 out of 24 games...

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If I was boss...

1. Barba
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Hodges/Copley/Kahu
5. Hoffman
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Hannant (VC)
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn (C)
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. Kennedy
17. Dodds/Hala/Tasi

If Milford doesn't come or looks like he will have second season syndrome, Barba to 5/8 and Hoffman to fullback. Copley or Kahu to take his spot on the wing.

Yow Yeh making an appearance depends on fitness, form and whether his leg is up to first grade. I dare say it will take an injury to the current back line for him to sneak himself in.

Thaiday will be most effective off the bench and needs to reign in his fitness. He's not a captain either.

Zach Strasser and Ashley Taylor should be on alert that their services will probably be needed at some point. I still have little faith in Ben Hunt despite the glimpses of great vision and ability we have seen from him, Milford is not even confirmed and the brilliance we have seen from Barba has come from fullback, not 5/8.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
If Lama Tasi is 106kgs, I'll eat my hat. Likewise Parker at 102kgs. Tasi would easily be 115kgs and Parker would be closer to 110kgs.
Parker up close does not look anywhere near 110 kg

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Kennedy imo needs to start and get us on the front foot . Hannant to partner him , Maguire to interchange for Hannant and hala/tasi for Kennedy. That way we have a ball playing forward with a wrecking ball type , think Maguire with his quicker feet would be a better option off the bench. Would need hook to utilize his bench better for this to work

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If I was boss...

1. Barba
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Hodges/Copley/Kahu
5. Hoffman
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Hannant (VC)
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn (C)
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. Kennedy
17. Dodds/Hala/Tasi

If Milford doesn't come or looks like he will have second season syndrome, Barba to 5/8 and Hoffman to fullback. Copley or Kahu to take his spot on the wing.

Yow Yeh making an appearance depends on fitness, form and whether his leg is up to first grade. I dare say it will take an injury to the current back line for him to sneak himself in.

Thaiday will be most effective off the bench and needs to reign in his fitness. He's not a captain either.

Zach Strasser and Ashley Taylor should be on alert that their services will probably be needed at some point. I still have little faith in Ben Hunt despite the glimpses of great vision and ability we have seen from him, Milford is not even confirmed and the brilliance we have seen from Barba has come from fullback, not 5/8.

I wouldn't give VC to Hannant, someone like Parker IMO.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I will give Hannant the benefit of playing injured this year but if he doesn't improve next year then he may well struggle to make the team so VC is out of the question.
If they want to save face for Sam then just make Glenn co captain

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Parker is too much of a hot head to be captain. Hannant is strong, silent and leads from the front.

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
If by leads from front you mean regularly submits in tackles and often makes less than 100m a game despite being our supposed best forward, then yes he should be captain.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I'd give it to DCE personally, let a half have the VC.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
If by leads from front you mean regularly submits in tackles and often makes less than 100m a game despite being our supposed best forward, then yes he should be captain.

That already happens with our current captain.

J

JamesQ

Apr 5, 2012
That already happens with our current captain.

I also thought he was talking about Thaiday for a moment then...

But on a serious note I'm a big fan of Hannant, he has been massively effected by injuries lately and it seems to take him a few to half a dosen games to get back into form. When he is on the field and playing big minutes he is passionate, tough and a leader of our pack and think he is VC material. But yea, injuries have sort have ruined that for him lately. I'm not sure why so many people don't rate him anymore.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I also thought he was talking about Thaiday for a moment then...

But on a serious note I'm a big fan of Hannant, he has been massively effected by injuries lately and it seems to take him a few to half a dosen games to get back into form. When he is on the field and playing big minutes he is passionate, tough and a leader of our pack and think he is VC material. But yea, injuries have sort have ruined that for him lately. I'm not sure why so many people don't rate him anymore.

Re-reading it he was, but also I meant my comment to say that moving the captaincy to someone like Hannant would result in the same product. An under-performing and undeserving player

H

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Sep 2, 2013
I'm with you on that. I think the way Parker is playing at the moment and the way the current captain is we cannot afford for Thaiday to keep it anymore. I am not saying that Parker would be a perfect captain, but I think we have no-one else who can take the reins at the moment. The fact Parker hardly misses any games and plays for 80 mins and leaves nothing in the tank makes him more qualified than Thaiday. Plus Parker demands respect from the refs and other players.

I was dead set against Parker as captain until I realised Thaiday is terrible and we have no-one better. Now if DCE or Smith (I hope not) then one of them can be captain. But if that doesn't eventuate then Parker should get it by default. It's not the best situation to be in, but the club has stuffed up and it's about making the best of a bad situation.

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.