POST GAME [Round 1, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Now get Robinson to apologize for that bullshit statement in the press conference. It was pure gaslighting like Tuqiri pointed out. All he had to do was say no comment in relation to the matter and say lets have the NRL deal this with issue.
Knowing Robinson, he’ll gaslight everyone again and say leniu apologised now and move on, then will talk about The “witch-hunt” against his poor player by the media and other players in the game.

Roosters waited damn near a week for it even after Spencer had already incriminated himself over it, I don't get the soo called praise for releasing some manufactured statement hoping for damage control.

I think the opposite, the Roosters failed him on Saturday night. He should never have done an interview. The Roosters media should have taken him straight off that field. I know the usual rule is players on report don't do media. That's the Broncos rule.

I'd imagine it would be difficult for a teams media dept. to jump onto the field and shield a player off.? They wouldn't be sitting on the sidelines would they?

The skipper Tedesco should have shielded the dumb fuckwit or at least warned him not to say anything to the media.

Either way.....Roosters handled the whole thing terribly.

They did the 'right thing' after the video of him clearly saying it multiple times came to light. This would be like your missus catching you rooting someone else and you getting out of bed and saying "Honey, I need to be a man and tell you I've been having an affair" and expecting her to say "hats off to you".
It's not like that at all but nice attempt.

They've been home since Monday and it wasn't like the whole administration team went. They have had three days with everyone home to 'do the right thing' and have found a conscious after proof was publically available.
And ? Isn't this exactly what an organisation should do? They spoke with their player, they would've looked at the evidence and decided the best course of action was to plead guilty and apologise.

What exactly is wrong with that ?

And ? Isn't this exactly what an organisation should do? They spoke with their player, they would've looked at the evidence and decided the best course of action was to plead guilty and apologise.

What exactly is wrong with that ?
The point is you don't get good guy points for only admitting you did something wrong after you are caught.

If you think that The Roosters protecting a racist until they no longer can is a good organisation that's great for you but I'm not going to congratulate them.

I'd imagine it would be difficult for a teams media dept. to jump onto the field and shield a player off.? They wouldn't be sitting on the sidelines would they?

The skipper Tedesco should have shielded the dumb fuckwit or at least warned him not to say anything to the media.

Either way.....Roosters handled the whole thing terribly.

Team media are always right there at full time. Picking the players for interviews and the players not for interviews.

On report for anything you get them out, so they don't say anything stupid.

The point is you don't get good guy points for only admitting you did something wrong after you are caught.

If you think that The Roosters protecting a racist until they no longer can is a good organisation that's great for you but I'm not going to congratulate them.
The point is, the Roosters made the best possible decision out of a terrible situation. The worst decision would've been digging their heels in, contesting the charge and putting it in the hands of 'your word vs theirs' ..

But they didn't do that, and the reason that's a good decision is because it spares the victim, Ezra Mam, from further trauma in having to be part of a shit-fight in the judiciary to prove the guilt of Leniu.

The point is, the Roosters made the best possible decision out of a terrible situation. The worst decision would've been digging their heels in, contesting the charge and putting it in the hands of 'your word vs theirs' ..

But they didn't do that, and the reason that's a good decision is because it spares the victim, Ezra Mam, from further trauma in having to be part of a shit-fight in the judiciary to prove the guilt of Leniu.
No. What you describe is the best possible decision in a terrible situation if they did this days ago. They don't get credit for sparing the victim anything as by delaying this there has been days where Ezra has been copping the abuse to the point of turning off his comments. If they were going to plead guilty they could have spared the victim much sooner than this.

With all due respect if you think they made this plea for any reason other than the evidence that came forward I think you are being very naive.

Abc reporting that leniu will miss several million games

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_140619_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_140619_Samsung Internet.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 66
In all legal proceedings in Australia an apology or remorse can be taken into account during sentencing. However, the tribunal can choose to look through that statement given his initial lack or remorse and/or empathy.

They probably won’t, though, because … Roosters

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • BroncoFan94
  • Yellowfella
  • cento
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dee
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Gaz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.