POST GAME [Round 1, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

I think he might get more than what people might be expecting.

This grub absolutely bought so much shame to the entire code, and also the wider Aussie public ..

PVL will be out to restore RL and Australia's reputation (in the eyes of Americans who are aware of the situation)

Think the grub is gonna be squashed out for at least 16 weeks .. or something like that.

Personally, I still think he needs a 12-month ban.

In what other place of employment in Australia do you get away with this kind of **** .. without getting sacked?

ALSO A BIG **** YOU TO TRENT ROBINSON!!!

R0 0 800 600 w1200 h678 fmax

I think he might get more than what people might be expecting.

This grub absolutely bought so much shame to the entire code, and also the wider Aussie public ..

PVL will be out to restore RL and Australia's reputation (in the eyes of Americans who are aware of the situation)

Think the grub is gonna be squashed out for at least 16 weeks .. or something like that.

Personally, I still think he needs a 12-month ban.

In what other place of employment in Australia do you get away with this kind of **** .. without getting sacked?
I agree. And I honestly believe bringing the game into disrepute should be considered. And if so, the fact it was in the game played in/aired live into the US should carry extra weight.

In other off field incidents, a player’s profile has been a factor when determining punishments. It’s not equal for all. So, in this case, the profile of the match should also come into consideration.

TBH I’d expect this if it was a broncos player, too.

The point is, the Roosters made the best possible decision out of a terrible situation. The worst decision would've been digging their heels in, contesting the charge and putting it in the hands of 'your word vs theirs' ..

But they didn't do that, and the reason that's a good decision is because it spares the victim, Ezra Mam, from further trauma in having to be part of a shit-fight in the judiciary to prove the guilt of Leniu.

The best decision would have been to sit Spencer down after the match, ask him what he said, and then ask him what he really said, and then cop to it, organise a public apology, make a statement about not tolerating racism, and declare that they would undertake an internal investigation with independent discipline plus a program of education for all of their players. In my opinion, any way.

In all legal proceedings in Australia an apology or remorse can be taken into account during sentencing. However, the tribunal can choose to look through that statement given his initial lack or remorse and/or empathy.

They probably won’t, though, because … Roosters

As much as it's about Ezra, it's also about what this does to our game.

They'll come down with significantly large hammer for that reason I would suggest.

Broncos Statement: Ezra Mam Issue​

Authorbroncos.com.au
TimestampThu 7 Mar 2024, 01:57 PM

The Brisbane Broncos acknowledge the statement from the Sydney Roosters today addressing an incident involving our player Ezra Mam in last’s weekend’s game.
The Broncos acknowledge Spencer’s apology to Ezra and the importance of taking that step. There is no place for racism in our game or in our society.

The Club respects the NRL Judiciary process that is still to play out and we will make no further comment on that.

Ezra’s wellbeing has been our primary concern from the start. He has been well-supported within our club and we will continue to focus on that in the time ahead.

My only issue is because it wasn’t done this Tuesday it’s been given an extra week to try and cool things off a bit more. He’ll get **** all IMO

In all legal proceedings in Australia an apology or remorse can be taken into account during sentencing. However, the tribunal can choose to look through that statement given his initial lack or remorse and/or empathy.

They probably won’t, though, because … Roosters

You're being overly generous calling what happens in that kangaroo Court that we know as the NRL Judiciary, "a legal proceeding"

Authorbroncos.com.au

The Brisbane Broncos acknowledge the statement from the Sydney Roosters today addressing an incident involving our player Ezra Mam in last’s weekend’s game.
The Broncos acknowledge Spencer’s apology to Ezra and the importance of taking that step. There is no place for racism in our game or in our society.

The Club respects the NRL Judiciary process that is still to play out and we will make no further comment on that.

Ezra’s wellbeing has been our primary concern from the start. He has been well-supported within our club and we will continue to focus on that in the time ahead.

That's not the most forgiving statement that I've ever read .... Almost sounds like they are calling out the judiciary to do the right thing for once

Authorbroncos.com.au

Careful wording. The Broncos acknowledge Spencer’s apology to Ezra, but you can **** right off if you think we accept it.

I agree. And I honestly believe bringing the game into disrepute should be considered. And if so, the fact it was in the game played in/aired live into the US should carry extra weight.

Totally....he's not only embarrassed himself, his family, his club...the NRL....he's also embarrassed Australia as a country.

Throw the book at the grub.

I think the opposite, the Roosters failed him on Saturday night. He should never have done an interview. The Roosters media should have taken him straight off that field. I know the usual rule is players on report don't do media. That's the Broncos rule.

But it was be best thing to happen, as he basically admitted to it.

And certain media, went searching for evidence.

“I want to apologise to Ezra and his family for using the word I did and I am sincerely sorry to cause him such distress,” said Roosters player Spencer Leniu.

I don't like the way this is worded.
Seems to me like he's having a back handed swipe and is calling Ezra a sook.

I don't like the way this is worded.
Seems to me like he's having a back handed swipe and is calling Ezra a sook.
Yep. It’s like doing something that upsets your wife/GF and saying “I’m sorry you got upset”. It never ends well.

Edit: especially if you initially laughed at what you did 😂

Active Now

• Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • IceWorks
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.