PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Yeah as much as I love Willison, I think Jensen deserves the starting spot at this stage with X on the bench. But he can definitely force his way into the starting side, there's a spot up for grabs there and he looks primed for a breakout year.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
so pumped for the season to start!!!
The whole Vegas BS is a farce. Some knob at the NRL HQ wanted an all expenses paid trip, so they organised this shit.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
I will say this though, think about all those teenage rejects that the NFL don’t want. Thousands a year. Some of these kids weigh 100+ kilograms and run the hundred in 10-11 seconds… if they aren’t scared of the contact, they might be able to make something of a career in league….

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Xavier was awesome.

Staggs and Arthars not the best nights but in torrential down pour in your first game back as an outside back it’s not always going to be a good night. Mariner is probably back in the race though Arthars didn’t put his hand up at all.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Yeah as much as I love Willison, I think Jensen deserves the starting spot at this stage with X on the bench. But he can definitely force his way into the starting side, there's a spot up for grabs there and he looks primed for a breakout year.
I'm excited to see him get a chance with the top side.

Played some games last year, but was more rotational and during origin when we were trying to give guys a rest.

He could be a serious weapon off the bench for us this year and looking forward to seeing him play with Haas and Patty

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Staggs was bad but he’s got runs in the board, he’ll be fine. Arthars was awful, no two ways about it but so was Aquaman last week.

Arthars was out of position at fullback though and had an amazing grand final, so he should be first shot at it unless Aquaman plays the game of his life in the trial.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Arthars is at his best playing wing, playing centre he will not be the one holding back for the catches which he is the best player in our team for that role imo, he is definitely not a fullback though, Right wing is his ideal role.

he is decently fast and you can see he gives his all for that combined with being one of the safest players under a contested high ball makes him a good choice for Right wing for me, Oates will be our Winger that makes the tough runs work.

Cobbo to play the Deputy meter gain role for outside backs Herbie was doing back in 2022.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Staggs was bad but he’s got runs in the board, he’ll be fine. Arthars was awful, no two ways about it but so was Aquaman last week.
Wha ? Jeez you`re harsh .
He made a break . Had an offload that gained metres . Hot potatoed a pass for his winger . Didn`t see him get run over or beaten one on one . What was so bad ?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Arthars is at his best playing wing, playing centre he will not be the one holding back for the catches which he is the best player in our team for that role imo, he is definitely not a fullback though, Right wing is his ideal role.

he is decently fast and you can see he gives his all for that combined with being one of the safest players under a contested high ball makes him a good choice for Right wing for me, Oates will be our Winger that makes the tough runs work.

Cobbo to play the Deputy meter gain role for outside backs Herbie was doing back in 2022.

The stepping into touch from the kick off was a flukey kick by Latrell . The kick he fumbled for JAC to score was bad luck . He attacked the slippery ball and lost control . Excuseable and understandable .

But ,, Dropped a bomb last night on the wing .That one I deduct points because he caught the ball then dropped it . His kick returns were strong .

Sorry Deine you`ll be playing Q Cup for the time being .

If teams kick high to Oates and nail him before he can get up to speed . [basic blue print to stifle C Oates ]
He will be struggling to make those tough metres . You are calling for .

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
So the Broncos, Roosters and Rabbitohs - as you would expect - have named near full strength teams for this week's trials. But Seibold is trotting out a second string side for this afternoon's Sea Eagles match against the Roosters. Which means Manly won't get a hit-out before the Vegas match against Souths.

Pies certainly works in mysterious ways.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Didn't watch the 1st half live. The way people were going on I thought arthurs must have had an absolute shocker (eg 3 dropped balls, out of position for multiple tries, bombed a try). Re watched it on replay and.....Considering that's his 3rd best position and it's he's our FOURTH choice option for fullback, maybe even 5th, I donno what people were expecting. A couple hard runs, not much of note but not that bad. What were people expecting? Lol

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
And people thing arthurs got hooked and willison was getting subbed.

Do people not realise these players are released from their clubs with pretty strong "requests " on how much they want each player playing... willison played last week, arthurs has had an injury... staggs only hit out..

And I know staggs gets a bagging defensively but I actually really like how he is defending. He fuvking hits and ruffs them up every tackle would be a nightmare to go against. The best will expose him (eg cleary) but a lot more will go into their shell or make errors looking out if the corner of their eye to see where he is. I reckon it's on his inside and outside men to cover for him and I think it will be a lot better this year with arthurs outside and riki in.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
So the Broncos, Roosters and Rabbitohs - as you would expect - have named near full strength teams for this week's trials. But Seibold is trotting out a second string side for this afternoon's Sea Eagles match against the Roosters. Which means Manly won't get a hit-out before the Vegas match against Souths.

Pies certainly works in mysterious ways.
Manly had a scrimmage session against St George maybe he was satisfied with that as being the hit out prior to the first game???

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Manly had a scrimmage session against St George maybe he was satisfied with that as being the hit out prior to the first game???

I was thinkin that myself .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.