Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
I'm curious to see his stats at Storm. I thought Warriors were not using him the right way, and Storm were.
Storm years:

2010 - 6.3mpr
2011 - 6.6mpr
2012 - 7.3mpr

Parra years (that I have stats for):

2009 - 7.0mpr
2008 - 7.4mpr

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Milford was never in the Broncos system to 'let go'.

Sorry if you misinterpreted that, my mistake, it was wrongly worded. What I meant was Broncos recruits were tossing between Milford and Nikorima, and instead chose to stick with Kodi, and signed him, while let go of signing Milford, as Nikorima was considered the superior talent.

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
So, looks like Hoffman and Barba are sharing the five eight role.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Storm years:

2010 - 6.3mpr
2011 - 6.6mpr
2012 - 7.3mpr

Parra years (that I have stats for):

2009 - 7.0mpr
2008 - 7.4mpr

So his form dropped a bit when he went to the Warriors. It seems to be a trend for players that sign with them.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
So his form dropped a bit when he went to the Warriors. It seems to be a trend for players that sign with them.
His form did drop when he went to the Warriors, but all those stats tell you is that he has consistently struggled to make metres over the past six seasons. You can't really look at those stats and say his efforts last year were an anomaly.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Doesn't matter, he'll get his 8 minutes off the bench and that'll be it.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
How can 100 people want to see Hoffman at five eighth? wtf

They're the delusional people that can't see he is not as great as they think he is. If Hoffman is 5/8 then that's us gone.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
When i think of Gillett i get dizzy because of all the running around in circles instead of running straight. His should be a simple fix and by himself without help from the coaches

Exactly, and if this is one of our best players, then we are in trouble. You'd think with so few creative halves options, you'd have your back rowers running into holes to help them our as much as possible, but Gillett hasn't been doing that since his first season, and Glenn has stopped doing that too recently.

You could also try to cover for his poor defence by saying he was playing with terrible defenders, but the truth is his terrible defence added just as much shittiness to theirs as theirs did to his.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I'm still leaning towards Strasser. I think his year in the QLD Cup holds him in good stead over Nikorima, plus he probably is a stronger defender given his size. The experience of directing the team around the park in the ISC probably makes him the best option we have and could be what we need to support Hunt. Hunt is relatively inexperienced at first grade level as a Halfback and he needs as much support as needed. I think Strasser fits the criteria slightly better than Nikorima.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I wouldn't be horribly disappointed with this team either...

1. Hoffman
2. Mills
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Vidot
6. Barba
7. Hunt

8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Glenn
16. Kennedy
17. Hala

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm pretty over playing blokes out of position. Even Kahu isn't a half and he was going to play in the 6. It's a joke the club is in this mess. We are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.