Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I certainly won't stop supporting the Broncos this year, I will however have a vomit bag handy at all times.

me too... as well as alcohol to numb the pain

Reactions: sus
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
With Parker taking the kicking duties I guess he will have to play the 80 minutes. Gee it has been a long time since we have produced a high quality goal kicker. They really are an underrated part of a team IMO. Did I hear right that Kahu had been working with Darryl Halligan on his kicking??

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
will always support the broncos it seems like its going to be a hard watch this year though.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Well that's that. I'll see all you fine gentleman in 2015.

Bravo to the fans that will stay and watch this trainwreck.

Do you know the difference between a supporter and a bandwagoner ...

A true supporter will stick with their team through the good and the bad times, regardless of whether they agree with the decisions the club and coach make.

a bandwagoner is only around when the times are good and the team is successful on the field...

Personally i'm a supporter. i will always watch, and cheer them on hoping for the best ... even when things look like they may be a trainwreck.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
thaiday on martin kennedy. thaidays thoughts in the last paragraph you'd think would point to kennedy starting the match.

"I think he's trying to find his feet and where he's at in the team," Thaiday said of Kennedy. "He's a big boy and I'm sure the move back home for him is going to be a good one once he finds his feet.

"A couple of years ago they were talking him up to play Origin and I think he can get back to that form. He trains very, very hard, he's one of our best trainers and I'm sure that hard work in training is going to pay off for him.

"Playing another big pack – we've just come off a trial match against the Warriors – we need all the size we can get. Josh McGuire is not a huge front-rower, Benny Hannant's not a huge front-rower either compared to the Sam Kasianos and those types of players so we do need our own 120-kilo front-rower, which is Marty Kennedy, and we need him firing."

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
It's not going to work, because we all know what Griffin is going to do. He is going to use Hoffman at 5/8 in attack, and that's just going to be a disaster. He will not see pass the fact that Hoffman does not have ball playing skills and is not a 5/8, he is a winger.

It's a desperation move, and a move that's not really necessary.

I pray that I am wrong, but based on what I've seen lately, I'm not going to rule out the possibility of that happening.

I'd actually think it'll be the other way around...Hoffman in D, Babs in attack @ 5/8.

I don't like it, but I can see it working for a little while. I'd much rather Hook just picks and sticks tbh.

1. Babs
2. Hoff
6. Niko/Strasser
7. Hunt

Leave them like that and let a combination develop ffs.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If we do well this year I'll throw a pool party at my house at the end of the season and [MENTION=8335]Rabbir[/MENTION] won't be invited haha

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
McCullough and Hunt will really need to stand up like they are giving up a seat to an old lady on the bus.

Hunt will basically have to play on both sides of the field, which no team really does anymore because it's too predictable, it's why the halves are split almost all the time. It could work if they play really well though, but that's kind of hard to imagine at this time.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
If I'm not happy with the product why should I watch?

If I'm not happy with the coach who picked Corey Norman 17 times last year at fullback because Hoffman's ball playing at fullback wasn't acceptable and is now throwing him in at 5/8th why should I watch?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If I'm not happy with the product why should I watch?

If I'm not happy with the coach who picked Corey Norman 17 times last year at fullback because Hoffman's ball playing at fullback wasn't acceptable and is now throwing him in at 5/8th why should I watch?

Because being a supporter of a football team for most people isn't like picking a fucking show to watch on tv.

But everyone's different and I couldn't give a **** what you do so have fun. The handy thing is you could go follow the rabbits and would only have to change your username by one letter.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Because being a supporter of a football team for most people isn't like picking a fucking show to watch on tv.

But everyone's different and I couldn't give a **** what you do so have fun. The handy thing is you could go follow the rabbits and would only have to change your username by one letter.

Why on earth would I support the Rabbitohs?

I hate Inglis sans the 3 Origin games a year, Reynolds is a game manager and Sam Burgess is the most horribly overrated player in the game that the only highlight I see is him running over the #2 most overrated flog in the game, SBW.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I hate Inglis sans the 3 Origin games a year, Reynolds is a game manager and Sam Burgess is the most horribly overrated player in the game that the only highlight I see is him running over the #2 most overrated flog in the game, SBW.

I just thought it would be easy to remember a second username

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'll think about it. Will PM you if I switch to the Bunnies.

Thanks mate, I appreciate you keeping me in the loop.

In any case, if I'm ever on the bunnies forum and I see a user called 'Rabbit' I'll know that it's you *wink* *wink*

Last edited:
Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

I think B4L was having a joke with you about supporting Souths considering you don't want to watch the Broncos this year.

As for the rant about Burgess and SBW, they are both good players and if you don't like watching those types of players, then maybe League in general is not for you. I dislike Burgess and SBW but love watching them play.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I think B4L was having a joke with you about supporting Souths considering you don't want to watch the Broncos this year.

As for the rant about Burgess and SBW, they are both good players and if you don't like watching those types of players, then maybe League in general is not for you. I dislike Burgess and SBW but love watching them play.

Really? Possibly I could have been playing along with it?

And give me a Parker, Gallen or Fensom over Burgess at lock any day of the weak.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I knew the Broncos weren't in a good place and I still forked out money for a platinum membership. Regardless of what happens, Broncos are my club. I also know they won't be in this situation for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.