Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the players have read all comments from fans on social media.

I hope they're fired up.

But my point is that the job they'll be doing is like a janitor applying for a doctor's position. He might be an experienced janitor, but that doesn't qualify him to be a doctor. Most other sides would usually go with a rookie in this situation, while we have always tried a stop-gap solution and it has always failed.

As for 2012 finals...well, we played one game and lost to the Cowboys.

That comparison doesn't apply to this situation. Maybe it would if it was Ben Hannant or Martin Kennedy named at five eigth but both Hoffman + Barba have skills that cross-over into the five eigth role.

Missing the point, a year later on the exact same ground they ran the Hodgo/Hoffman combination and it worked. In fact, during the 2012 game, it was basically the only positive to take out of that game.

Last edited:
Really, where did you hear that

On the Broncos facebook page.

Brisbane Broncos Alex Corvo new Head of Performance plus all coaching & fitness staff here - players are focused on Round 1 after seeing all the social media comments from the week just gone - not partying...

im feeling alot more optimistic than earlier in the week, as usual.

will be interesting if the players have actually read alot of the comments. some were pretty harsh.

Hopefully Hook has read them and fixes his unlimited tackle game plan.

Must admit at the launch today at queen st very few of the players interacted with people even little things like a hello thanks for coming out etc. Which was very disappointing there really just seemed to be a negative vibe IMO. Thaiday Todd lowrie Benny barba and Hoffman were prob the only ones who seemed to make an effort.

They are probably embarrassed over their performance and the shit they getting from the fans

Possibly was just pretty poor form

Let's hope it is sufficient for them to get the season off to a good start

Heard the complete opposite. Players were pretty jovial despite having to sign thousands of authographs in an hour...

Well who do I believe now?
i wasn't there

Maybe they just sensed cammacs negativity and hatred of Griffin and acted the same towards him :P

Faith not restored, but if he does go with this and sticks, I'll be far more optimistic.

is there a legitimate chance the broncos have just been playing "mind games" all along? 3 days ago it was barba and hoffman. next its nikorima. next its strasser.

are they just trying to pull the old des hassler?

Obviously Hook has a bet on and didn't like us being 28-1 odds to win the premiership so thought he'd push it up

kasiano ruled out of at least first two rounds. big bonus for our forward pack

Not for The Prickle Sacks though!!!!

Can assure you I had the exact opposite experience. Joking between players about Hoffman trying to sell his jerseys on ebay for some extra money (I have a playing jersey with the no.1 on the back). When I got to Dale Copley, he looked at me and said, "Mate, everyone always says there day is good. How's your day really going?", and we had a jovial chat about working graveyard shifts. One bloke kept walking along a high-fiving each of the players (I initially thought he was friends with them, but I think he just thought he was cool). All in all, they were a nice bunch!

Wasn't just me and I was happy for them to be a **** to me cause it doesn't offend me but there were a few little kids in front of me and the players didn't say a word they just signed the poster and chucked it onto the next guy.

Hooks (A game plan) 5 hit ups no more than one pass put up a bomb then repeat for the next 79 minutes.:o_o::o_o:
I very much doubt Nikorima will start, that would be too risky for the first game and very unlike Hook to risk anything with such a radical game plan:rofl:.
1 Barba 2 Mills 3 Reed 4 Copley 5 Maranta 6 Hoffman 7 Hunt 8 Mcquire 9 Macca 10 Parker 11 Glenn 12 Gillett 13 Thaiday 14 Kennedy 15 Lowrie 16 Wallace 17 Nikorima

Must admit at the launch today at queen st very few of the players interacted with people even little things like a hello thanks for coming out etc. Which was very disappointing there really just seemed to be a negative vibe IMO. Thaiday Todd lowrie Benny barba and Hoffman were prob the only ones who seemed to make an effort.

What a load of rubbish. You mean that big huge table they sat at signing autographs and not one player said a thing?

I was there [EDIT].

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.