Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can assure you I had the exact opposite experience. Joking between players about Hoffman trying to sell his jerseys on ebay for some extra money (I have a playing jersey with the no.1 on the back). When I got to Dale Copley, he looked at me and said, "Mate, everyone always says there day is good. How's your day really going?", and we had a jovial chat about working graveyard shifts. One bloke kept walking along a high-fiving each of the players (I initially thought he was friends with them, but I think he just thought he was cool). All in all, they were a nice bunch!

It was a recording- no player said anything.

Yeah [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] I'm lying wake up champ. I'm telling you my experience. The experience of the 3 other people I was with and what i saw happen to the kids and people in front of me. Like I said a few players said hello most just signed the piece of merch and chucked it onto the next guy. Why I would have any reason to make this up baffles me.

Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone just chill out.

I find it very hard to believe that they wouldn't be talking to people, maybe you caught them at a bad time, who knows. Either way, rightly it wrongly there are a fair few people that currently will just see the broncos in a bad light, it's like a filter they can't help but see past. I'm not singling anyone out but I just can't believe that with everything going on they would risk any bad publicity by being rude.

I think that in the exact same circumstances if this was a team that has been consistently in the top four, they would be the happiest most accommodating team around.

Right now this team could cure cancer and half the fan base would say "it took them long enough, maybe if they had a better coach and laid off the pies they would have found the cure quicker"

I'm not trying to bash the team and like I said a few players were jovial, but for the most part from my brief interaction from start to finish or from vidot to Kennedy (which was first player to last) they just passed the merch on. Sam by far the most professional along with hoffy

I'm not trying to bash the team and like I said a few players were jovial, but for the most part from my brief interaction from start to finish or from vidot to Kennedy (which was first player to last) they just passed the merch on. Sam by far the most professional along with hoffy

As you say, you had a brief interaction. 1910 in whatever his role in the media etc is, was most likely there all day, if not most of the day, so would get a better idea of how they were.

Maybe you got them at a bit where they were tired, they were there for hours. If you are at your peak all day and never have periods where your tired and a bit over it, well your a rarity and well done.

I just think we are all going a bit far because we are incredibly disappointed with this team, but honestly, if there was any poor form from the team at a fan day the media would be all over it. Broncos suck stories are the flavour of the month

Signing would be very tedious after a while, and I am sure they do it often. When it comes to my turn as a fan to get things signed, I don't even have much to say. "G'day, mate, how it's going?" "Good luck" are usually the extent on my interactions. I don't really expect to have full blown conversations with players, especially when there is a time restriction (you can't sit there for a minute per player talking with them about whatever). Furthermore, the team had sent one of the suited horse mascots there to also take photos, and the bloke inside was a generally chirpy guy.

Imagine if all 25 players had a conversation with every single person that was there. I think they'd miss their flights to Sydney this week if they did!

while i think this is a pretty silly argument to be having, did cammac initiate "hello how are yas?", or did he say nothing and expect the player to initiate a convo other than just a "hello".

with a stream of what 1000s of people to sign autographs for unless you say something yourself your probably just going to get a sign and a smile.

some people dont expect or want anything more.

im sure the players do their best. i know i'd get sick of it.

Forgot to say yow yeh was also a top bloke

I really hope we go with Nikorima. I don't think any of the players are going to come out and say who's playing the #6 before the team is announced, particularly if it is Kodi, because you want the least amount of media spotlight on him as possible.

I have no doubt the whole team have known Kodi will be playing 5/8 since after the 9s tournament.

Nikorima and Hunt will be the most inexperienced halves combination in the NRL. I think Hunt needs to be the organiser. Simple game plan. Control the tempo, kick to the corners, control field position and set up your faster outside men. Kodi needs to play his natural game and take some chances - take the line on, link up with Barba and co. If our forwards do their job, we certainly have the X Factor to make a difference this season and that's something we couldn't say about last season (barring Hodges).

At this stage then, I hope the team named looks like this...

1. Barba
2. Vidot (Right Wing)
3. Copley (Right Centre)
4. Reed (Left Centre like he was last year with Hoffman outside him)
5. Hoffman (Left Wing outside Reed)

6. Nikorima (Primarily right side)
7. Hunt (Primarily left side)

8. Kennedy
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday (Right fringe)
12. Gillett (Left fringe)
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Hannant
16. Hala
17. Molo (Or similar wrecking ball type player for a 10-15 minute stint of super hard hitups)

If we go with that team (or at least very close to it), I'd even be happy if we lost a few games, but showed some character, promise and flair. It'll take a while for combinations to click, but even the most staunch anti-Bronco guys around here can't argue that with that halves pairing, Barba at the back and Hoffman on the wing, we have some potential to score a lot of points.

Last edited:
Yeah [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] I'm lying wake up champ. I'm telling you my experience. The experience of the 3 other people I was with and what i saw happen to the kids and people in front of me. Like I said a few players said hello most just signed the piece of merch and chucked it onto the next guy. Why I would have any reason to make this up baffles me.

You're negative about everything. Thaiday could drop round and sign your poster and chat and all you'd do is complain he knocked too loudly.

Players signed and chatted for a long time yesterday.

@1910 Did you not read my post? I complemented thaiday [EDIT].

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we may need to consider the possibility that Anthony Griffin is a great coach, and he's simply just being poisoned by Stephen Kearney.

This photo was taken of them at last weeks trial game.

8Hfvz4X.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • marw
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • Pablo
  • theshed
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.