Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Oates. What was it ... 8 tries in 8 games last year? Gave Uate the slip? Better leave him in QCup, yep.

Sound selection strategies will win us the comp this year for sure

He is injured. There is no definite return date for him either.

Poor Oates. What was it ... 8 tries in 8 games last year? Gave Uate the slip? Better leave him in QCup, yep.

Hard to catch and tackle with your arm in a sling.

He's injured, how many times does this need to be said FFS. Are people just taking the piss now?

A back three of Barba, Hoffman and Vidot will be exciting to watch (assuming Griffin picks them there).

The fact that it's exciting is why Griffin won't pick that back 3. He'll go for safe.

I understand safety at the back is important, but so is scoring. However, he doesn't seem to get that...

Regarding Oates, he's a 2nd rower. I'd much rather we develop him in qcup in that role than play him in 1st grade on the wing. We really don't need anymore wingers/centres IMO.

I think Oates has the makings of another Gene Miles type centre.

I think Oates has the makings of another Gene Miles type centre.

I'm not sure whether it's always you, but I've read that comparison on this website at least 30 times.

Make it stahp.

Edit:

We don't need any more wingers? [MENTION=8311]Harry Sack[/MENTION]

From what I can tell the only true winger we have is Vidot..

Hoffman - Fullback
Mills - Centre
Copley - Centre
Maranta - Fullback
Kahu - Fullback / Five-Eighth

Last edited:
Drew, Hoffman, Vidot, Copley. They're more than capable of playing on the wing.

Last edited:
Disagree, we need all the wingers we can get to displace a certain someone from ever being named again.

I'll clarify, we don't need Oates (except as injury cover) on the wing/centre if the correct players are picked.

I'm not sure whether it's always you, but I've read that comparison on this website at least 30 times.

Make it stahp.

Edit:

We don't need any more wingers? @Harry Sack

From what I can tell the only true winger we have is Vidot..

Hoffman - Fullback
Mills - Centre
Copley - Centre
Maranta - Fullback
Kahu - Fullback / Five-Eighth

Correction, Hoffman THINKS he's a Fullback.

He's injured, how many times does this need to be said FFS. Are people just taking the piss now?

He was running around quite freely in Fridays session. I saw the first 30 minutes of it anyway.

In all likelihood neither Glenn or Gillett are going anywhere, and nor should they. They are two of our best prospects. With this in mind, I think it's well worth developing Oates as a centre. He's clearly a player you want on the field as much as possible and looks genuinely capable of being a weapon at centre, unlike most other backrowers. And frankly, if you are strong in both positions I don't really think it really matters if you develop him as a centre or backrower. They are a lot more similar than half and hooker.

He was running around quite freely in Fridays session. I saw the first 30 minutes of it anyway.

I don't see why he wouldn't be running around freely, he has a shoulder injury. Was he doing contact work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Tmac
  • Xzei
  • mrtij
  • phoenix
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.