POST GAME Round 1 - Sharks vs Broncos

Moga was much better than i though he would be ... an excellent first up performance from him, now he needs to build on it.

Sims had a fine club debut as well, if he keeps that up will more than fill the void left by Wallace

Kahu is just a class act, and he has taken his goal kicking to another level this year.

McGuire and Gillett were beasts tonight ... great to see.

Thaiday was running really hard, i enjoy it when he does that.

not a bad start to the season, plenty to work on though

Moga was solid, Not exactly an amazing performance

He ruined a very good chance in that first half.

Needs to learn how to pass pretty damn quickly.

Only player I am worried about is Ben Hunt.

The rest I think will get get better next week.

Everyone will build on this performance.

3. Kahu - Safe as a bank and a guaranteed 2 points? Yes please.
2. Sims - Big, Strong, Aggressive. Exactly what we needed.
1. Blair - Running like I've never seen him before and his kick pressure on Maloney was a game changer.

Hunt ruined like 8 good chances and also can't pass very well, think you're being harsh on a guy making his club debut. He was very good imo.

Making his club debut.

Not his NRL debut.

He has played enough to know if you've created an overlap, pass the ball.

Never said he wasn't good. I said he ruined a great opportunity.

Making his club debut.

Not his NRL debut.

I said club debut.

Not his NRL debut.

Also, why do you have a gap between every sentence?

In this digital why can't we have an option of alternate commentators.
Also, in your stupid faces Maloney and Graham.
Well done @Unbreakable .

1. Boyd - Was superb as always, pulled off a number of crucial tackles and has sublime hands, led from the front as captain - 9
2. Oates - Was so assured which is great after last season's finish, a nice try and some huge runs - 8
3. Roberts - His try was fantastic, such determination and looked like he wanted to be there 8
4. Moga - He was fantastic on debut for us, some big runs and safe as a house under the high ball - 9
5. Kahu - He was phenomenal, just such class and composure, how good was that goal kicking! - 9
6. Milford - Pretty average but pulled out a try that only he can - 6
7. Hunt - He tries too hard, was terrible overall - 4
8. Sims - What a debut! He started on fire and finished as well - 9
9. McCullough - Tackles like a machine but his passing in the red zone is just still so horrible - 6
10. Blair - 2015 vintage tonight, was niggly, ran hard and tackled hard, partnership with Sims is VERY promising - 9
11. Thaiday - Played big minutes, was really good and some big runs, though some poor defensive reads - 8
12. Gillett - A rock in defense and some nice signs in attack, though a few noticeable errors - 8
13. McGuire - Big minutes, big motor, big output, he'll get better every week - 8

14. Glenn - Got concussed and didn't come back after half time - 3
15. Pangai Jr - He had some really nice touches in both attack and defense, kept Sims great initial work going - 7
16. Ese'ese - I'm just not sold on him, would prefer Joffa got his spot but he looks fitter - 5
17. Arrow - I love his workrate, he hits hard and does all the things viewers often miss that teammates love, he started to show his offloading ability too - 7

Making his club debut.

Not his NRL debut.

He also hasn't played a first grade game in a very long time and overall you can't take much away from him tonight. I didn't think he was going to be anywhere as good as he was.

I liked milf's energy tonight. Wasn't his best performance but looks to have trimmed down a bit and wanted to take the line on a bit more.

I said club debut.

Not his NRL debut.

Also, why do you have a gap between every sentence?

I know what you said.

Obviously you didn't understand what I was saying.

Anyone have any stats from the game? NRLstats aren't doing them live this season for whatever reason. Would be interesting to know the metres gained out of a few of our guys. It felt like McGuire, Sims, Pangai & Thaiday all ran for over 100m, but I might be wrong.

That is a very good win. It looked like the Sharks bigger forwards were going to steamroll over the top of them but the Broncos somehow held on for the win after a little bit of Milford Magic.

I know what you said.

Obviously you didn't understand what I was saying.

It's hard to follow your train of thought when you have 5 paragraphs per post with like 30 words total, sorry. Regardless, he hasn't played a lot of first grade, in comparison to guys like McCullough & Hunt who made 10x as many mistakes in attack tonight. Moga was a beast.

Some stats:
Macca 51 tackles - 2 missed.
Gillett 174 metres and 37 tackles (5 missed).
McGuire 161 metres and 35 tackles (0 misses).
Oates 156 all run metres.
Moga 134 metres, ten tackles no misses.

Also, every starting forward except Macca obviously, made over 100 metres and every bench forward except the injured Glenn made over 80 metres.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnyE
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.