PRE-GAME Round 1 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Not surprised fleg won out. Was clearly the better option out of the titans game

Last edited:
Does Seibold rate him highly too? He just then has to keep impressing and he'll get his chance sooner than later IMO.

From how he talks about him i think he does, but who knows.

Carrigan will get his chance, don’t stress @Wolfie. Once he finally gets his shot, he will have thoroughly earned it and won’t look back. He’ll play plenty of FG this year.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/59154b4a04aa510be9c710ed7e1cd0e9

Kodi Nikorima’s leadership skills developing at just the right time for Broncos

MARCH 09, 2019

Storm powerhouse Jesse Bromwich says his Kiwi Test teammate Kodi Nikorima has developed into a leader for the Broncos, something he says he could not have honestly declared 12 months ago.
Nikorima’s capacity as a game manager, which Bromwich said was on display in New Zealand’s third Test win over England in November, will be tested immediately in 2019 when he and Anthony Milford look to take charge of the Broncos in Thursday’s clash with Melbourne.
Kodi Nikorima. The Brisbane Broncos training at Red Hill. Pic Peter Wallis
“I’ve seen Kodi grow over the last few years and really step up into that halfback role, after coming through a stage where you weren’t sure if he was a bench player or a halfback,’’ Bromwich said.
“He’s turned into a really good leader. I probably wouldn’t have said that early last year or the year before.’’
Brisbane’s last premiership captain Darren Lockyer said late last month that the Broncos need more leaders to show authority.
(L-R) Kodi Nikorima talks tactics with Broncos coach Anthony Seibold. Picture: AAP Image/Jono Searle
“Kodi had a blinder in the third Test last year after we’d lost two Tests by small margins,’’ Bromwich said.
“It was possibly his best game in a Kiwi jumper.
“I’m sure he has taken a lot of confidence from the last game of the year to bring into this season. He really grew and his combination with Shaun Johnson came alive.’’
Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold said last month that Milford and Nikorima would be his Round 1 halves.
Milford played four matches more than Nikorima last year yet they had the same number of total line break assists (13) and the New Zealander made 10 line breaks, three fewer than Milford.
Seibold’s public ambition that he wants the Broncos to improve defensively gets an immediate litmus test at AAMI Park as the Storm won their two clashes last year 34-20 and 32-16.
Kodi Nikorima (centre) developed into a leader with the New Zealand Kiwis. Picture: Hannah Peters/Getty Images
Melbourne have won their past five matches against Brisbane and 17 of their past 20 encounters.
“We’ve had some wins but they have a new coach and will I’m sure have some new ways of doing things,’’ Bromwich said.
“The club as a whole gets motivated when we are playing Brisbane.
“It’s the good teams you really get up for. They have been a good side for such a long time. The Queenslanders get excited against the team they grew up following.’’

5 more sleeps!

I can't see a win here first up.
I predict 28-12 score or 28-16.
We will win in round 2 however by 1 point

All these articles talking up our players has me a little worried.

Why did he announce the team earlier than needed?

All these articles talking up our players has me a little worried.
I'm thinking the Gold Coast trial would have knocked the complacency out of them. That and the God Seiboldimus

Because if there is one team in the league that meticulously plans for everything and would take advantage of it, it isn’t the Storm, am I right?!

I agree. I think they'll take 4-6 weeks to get used to the new shapes and playing style. Hopefully we can scrape a couple of wins together while this is happening.

Prayers for seibold then. By 4 weeks the pitch forks will well and truly be out. People will want his head impaled at Suncorp stadium.

I think it's a bit of mind games. And I don't mind it. "this is us, we are only worried about us". A team list a week early that many predicted is not going to change how much the storm know about us. Bellamy would have every team list scenario mapped out and planned for anyway, and the team list does not say how we will play.

With our record against the storm and with the storms round 1 record, and in Melbourne I don't see us winning. There's just too many hurdles and we will build rather then come bursting out of the blocks.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.